ImageImage

Wisconsin Badgers Thread/March Madness

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Re: Wisconsin Badgers Thread/March Madness 

Post#1861 » by buckboy » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:31 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:What I can't understand is how you get anyone to come to Waco to play ball. Big money religious honks?

You'll find out when they vacate the championship in a few years.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
buckboy
RealGM

Post#1862 » by buckboy » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:32 pm

Also, at least Baylor got what they paid for. So that's a plus.

Duke didn't even make the tournament for all the money they shelled out.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#1863 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 6, 2021 1:45 pm

Barry is retiring on June 30th.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,027

Post#1864 » by midranger » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:30 pm

buckboy wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:What I can't understand is how you get anyone to come to Waco to play ball. Big money religious honks?

At least no one got murdered this time. That we know of. Perhaps their cover up skills have improved.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,373

Post#1865 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:32 pm

Hearing Chris McIntosh will be the new AD. He hates Gard. Joking about Gard but not that McIntosh will be the new AD.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#1866 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:32 pm

Gonzaga losing cost me 1500 in a pool, they are now in Duke territory of teams I will root against for the rest of my life :)

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,893

Post#1867 » by jschligs » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:35 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Gonzaga losing cost me 1500 in a pool, they are now in Duke territory of teams I will root against for the rest of my life :)

I went all in on the Baylor moneyline +170. Feels good to finally win something.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#1868 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:39 pm

jschligs wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Gonzaga losing cost me 1500 in a pool, they are now in Duke territory of teams I will root against for the rest of my life :)

I went all in on the Baylor moneyline +170. Feels good to finally win something.
I wish gambling was legal in AZ because I wanted to hedge a couple hundred on the Baylor money line. Even reached out to a couple friends to try and have them place the bet but it didn't work out. Should have tried harder but didn't want to be the dude who was like 'hey we haven't talked in a year, can you place a wager for me'.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1869 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:39 pm

buckboy wrote:

Baylor’s top players were mostly from the 36th ranked class, nationally.

Mayer: 4 stars (just inside top 100)
Butler: 4 stars (just inside top 100, got lucky with Bama coaching change)
Thamba: 3 stars ranked #240

Vital was 4 stars, just inside the top 100. Part of the 41st ranked class

Flagler and JTT were decent transfers that succeeded at mid-majors

Davion transferred from Auburn. Was their best rated recruit at #59 overall. He was OK his first year at Auburn before transferring.

That’s not a ton better than a Wisconsin recruiting core and probably worse than the star ratings Marquette rolls with most years.

For reference, if you compare Mayer, Butler, Thamba - it basically equates to Reuvers, Davison, King in 2017. Reuvers was #66, Davison #108, King #197
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,893

Post#1870 » by jschligs » Tue Apr 6, 2021 3:42 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
jschligs wrote:

I wish gambling was legal in AZ because I wanted to hedge a couple hundred on the Baylor money line. Even reached out to a couple friends to try and have them place the bet but it didn't work out. Should have tried harder but didn't want to be the dude who was like 'hey we haven't talked in a year, can you place a wager for me'.

I have some connections that run sites, could probably get you an invite if you're interested.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#1871 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:36 pm

midranger wrote:It’s really weird that we had 3 fifth year seniors who wanted to play a sixth year, just not at UW.

Completely normal, imo.

Reuvers has now decided to start his pro career.

Well, it looks like now it's just 2 "seniors" that have left and they are both pretty clearly doing it so they can actually play significant minutes in their final college year.

Regardless, we've only had bench fodder transfer so far in an offseason where almost every school has lost multiple significant contributors to transfer.

If this holds up, people are asking, is Greg Gard the greatest player's coach of all time? Everyone that matters wants to play for him and stay or at least not go elsewhere.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,145

Post#1872 » by DingleJerry » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:13 pm

jschligs wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
jschligs wrote:

I have some connections that run sites, could probably get you an invite if you're interested.

Assuming you're in PHX you're not far from NV to just make the drive up if you really need. Laughlin is probably only like 3 hours. But yea if you win then you're doing that drive twice, good problem to have I suppose. Although you can probably just mail in the ticket, I've never had problems mailing them in before.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#1873 » by tski1972 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:24 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
midranger wrote:It’s really weird that we had 3 fifth year seniors who wanted to play a sixth year, just not at UW.

Completely normal, imo.

Well, it looks like now it's just 2 "seniors" that have left and they are both pretty clearly doing it so they can actually play significant minutes in their final college year.

Regardless, we've only had bench fodder transfer so far in an offseason where almost every school has lost multiple significant contributors to transfer.

If this holds up, people are asking, is Greg Gard the greatest player's coach of all time? Everyone that matters wants to play for him and stay or at least not go elsewhere.

Reuvers looked disinterested in playing most of the season, weird to hear him say he wants to play pro ball.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,760

Post#1874 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:00 pm

What's the story on this kid from St. John's that just committed to Illinois? UW show any interest?
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,655

Post#1875 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:10 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:What's the story on this kid from St. John's that just committed to Illinois? UW show any interest?

Looking at 247 and doesn't look like WI offered or showed interest.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#1876 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:20 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:What's the story on this kid from St. John's that just committed to Illinois? UW show any interest?

The "insider" EricTheRed on Twitter said UW contacted him early and he had zero interest in coming there. Ditto on Marquette I believe.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#1877 » by buckboy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:01 pm

tski1972 wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:

Completely normal, imo.

Reuvers looked disinterested in playing most of the season, weird to hear him say he wants to play pro ball.

I think he just wants to get paid for it. He should've gone to Kansas instead of Wisconsin.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#1878 » by buckboy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:06 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:What's the story on this kid from St. John'
s that just committed to Illinois? UW show any interest?

I have a very good friend whose nephew played for SJMA, so I actually saw a few of their games. He was a man among boys in conference, and really even in the playoffs. The level of competition was not good.

However, he can really shoot it for a kid his size and has a very good floor game. I was a little surprised by his offer sheet. I certainly didn't think Kansas, Kentucky, etc when I saw him. I was thinking Northwestern, Wisconsin, etc.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#1879 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:17 pm

Davison is back.

Nice to have some experience in the backcourt. They probably need to just find a rotational big man and they'll be good to go.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#1880 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks