ImageImage

PG Charlotte: Giannis + Nobody = Win

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Re: PG Charlotte: Giannis + Nobody = Win 

Post#41 » by H2tObes » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:26 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:Eric Bledsoe being completely unplayable in a game we're playing without Mids is super annoying.

Yet another game where Hill is the crunch time PG.

Bled is the 5th or 6th most important guy on the team, when it comes down to it Hill will be the one closing games
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#42 » by greekbuck34 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:26 pm

steger_3434 wrote:Giannis with only 34 minutes in a close game with out other all star out. Meanwhile all the other top teams play their guys 40 minutes in close games. But we are the only team trying? Yup

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

We only lost 1 game(Pacers) due to load management this season and it wasn't clearly load management anyway with Giannis skipping 2 games due to his Liam's birth.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,281

Post#43 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:26 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Marques' reaction on Giannis' spin-move/dunk was the best moment of the game.

Charlotte’s announcers were even better.

Read on Twitter
Do it for Chuck
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#44 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:28 pm

Paschke constantly chatters through spectacular highlights. Nothing the broadcast team says is ever more interesting than a great play.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,768

Post#45 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:28 pm

H2tObes wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:Eric Bledsoe being completely unplayable in a game we're playing without Mids is super annoying.

Bled is the 5th or 6th most important guy on the team, when it comes down to it Hill will be the one closing games

Be careful, a couple of the self proclaimed geniuses here will scream that Buds totally trusts Bledsoe and he's really the crunchtime PG.
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#46 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:29 pm

Whole team was ass outside of Giannis but holy ****.

RoLo
Matthews
Bledsoe

Good god.
Hill having a Bledsoe like game was disturbing.

I think this was even worse than the Philly game but Giannis was just like “nah.”
Do it for Chuck
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#47 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:31 pm

Possibly the most impressive part of Giannis today was that he somehow managed 6 assists despite his teammates shooting at the wrong hoop.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#48 » by H2tObes » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:31 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
H2tObes wrote:

Be careful, a couple of the self proclaimed geniuses here will scream that Buds totally trusts Bledsoe and he's really the crunchtime PG.

If you trust Bled in crunchtime then you haven't been watching, having Hill makes the decision easy
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,092

Post#49 » by Siefer » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:34 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Paschke constantly chatters through spectacular highlights. Nothing the broadcast team says is ever more interesting than a great play.

I suspect a habit borne from years working dreary games, but yeah, that and the pre-packaged segments playing over the game are actively harmful to the experience.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,667

Post#50 » by th87 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:35 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:Giannis with only 34 minutes in a close game with out other all star out. Meanwhile all the other top teams play their guys 40 minutes in close games. But we are the only team trying? Yup

We only lost 1 game(Pacers) due to load management this season and it wasn't clearly load management anyway with Giannis skipping 2 games due to his Liam's birth.

Well one could say a baby is a type of load management...
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#51 » by CharityStripe34 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:37 pm

Shocking that the streak is over. I wasn't able to watch but from what you guys are saying Gianni was brilliant (again).

Sent from my Pixel using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,841

Post#52 » by TroyD92 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:37 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
H2tObes wrote:

Literally no one would proclaim that, but you keep doing whatever it is you do
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,136

Post#53 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:40 pm

steger_3434 wrote:Feels like a loss with ending the streak. But giannis on the current warrior team=playoffs?

They probably have home court (if they kept Burks and Robinson).
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#54 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:42 pm

Siefer wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Paschke constantly chatters through spectacular highlights. Nothing the broadcast team says is ever more interesting than a great play.

I suspect a habit borne from years working dreary games, but yeah, that and the pre-packaged segments playing over the game are actively harmful to the experience.

I must be missing this. Seems to me that when Giannis does something spectacular he goes pretty silent, which I love far more than the Gus Johnson climax reaction. Let’s the moment sink in and seem more dramatic
Do it for Chuck
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,841

Post#55 » by TroyD92 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:45 pm

Johnny Mac deserves to do atleast one game this season if he is able.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#56 » by greekbuck34 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:48 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:Shocking that the streak is over. I wasn't able to watch but from what you guys are saying Gianni was brilliant (again).

Giannis Antetokounmpo tonight: 17/28 from the field. Rest of Bucks team: 18/59 :lol:
Giannis scored or assisted on 25 FGs.
He basically soloed them.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#57 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:50 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
Siefer wrote:

I must be missing this. Seems to me that when Giannis does something spectacular he goes pretty silent, which I love far more than the Gus Johnson climax reaction. Let’s the moment sink in and seem more dramatic

I’m pretty sure he was rambling on about Jack Sikma at Illinois State or something in the midst of Giannis’s filthy one handed tap pass off the inbound back to George Hill.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#58 » by Jez2983 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:51 pm

I love seeing the reaction from the (opposing) fans on that dunk. Now people go to their home games to see Giannis. That's incredible.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#59 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:54 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
H2tObes wrote:Bled is the 5th or 6th most important guy on the team, when it comes down to it Hill will be the one closing games

Literally no one would proclaim that, but you keep doing whatever it is you do

Last time I said it, I had 2 board regulars screaming at me.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,045

Post#60 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:55 pm

Close games are good for the team. Nice win against a fired up team who had just beaten Toronto on the road.

No one should give two craps about the 100 point streak. Hell the all time streak is 136, we had a long way to go for that one and unless they start giving out championship trophies for it I couldn't care less.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks