ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,889

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#801 » by BUCKnation » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:05 am

Mags FTW wrote:I don't get the outrage over a $20 movie rental. You're paying to be entertained for two hours. Not much different than a couple going bowling. You're paying $20 (probably more) to rent a lane, shoes, and a ball. You don't get to keep anything, just paying for the entertainment experience.

If you're by yourself, I can see complaining, but if you are splitting it between a couple, some friends or a family its a great deal.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,149

Post#802 » by RRyder823 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:25 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:$20?! Did you get a large popcorn and Pepsi with that?

There's a scene in The Last Boy Scout where Bruce Willis is incredulous over the cost of Damon's Wayons' pants.

;ab_channel=CrisDuce

That's usually my reaction whenever I get pay for tickets to a movie in a theater.

$20 is nutso for a rental. Maybe I'm just old school. You could buy it on blu-ray for that price when it's released.
From reading these comments I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that splurged and spent the extra 6 dollars to buy the new Bill n Ted instead of rent

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#803 » by HurricaneKid » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:19 pm

Mags FTW wrote:I don't get the outrage over a $20 movie rental. You're paying to be entertained for two hours. Not much different than a couple going bowling. You're paying $20 (probably more) to rent a lane, shoes, and a ball. You don't get to keep anything, just paying for the entertainment experience.
Totally on your side here. Me the wife and kid get to eat popcorn for nickels, drink ice cold beers for a buck, and dont have to fend off teens for parking to sit in a crowded theater with people sitting on their phones with their babies crying.

LOVE the day and date releases.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,240

Post#804 » by UcanUwill » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:51 am

DO you think Nolan lost it, his earlier films like Memento and Prestige looked like a stroke of genius, but later years Nolan became disposable. Or do you disagree?
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,950

Post#805 » by Siefer » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:24 pm

Three episodes into Raised by Wolves (HBO Max) and really digging to so far. Feels like prime Ridley Scott sci-fi in the early goings.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#806 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:48 pm

UcanUwill wrote:DO you think Nolan lost it, his earlier films like Memento and Prestige looked like a stroke of genius, but later years Nolan became disposable. Or do you disagree?

I was thoroughly entertained by Tenet, but I couldn't explain to you what was happening. I think his resources have expanded and now those very interesting concepts are being presented in the grandest fashion. Like, I watched Memento again (just an excellent film) after Tenet and it felt like the same idea (converging timelines of future and past) but on different platforms. That's an oversimplification but I think you get the point.

Kind've related - what's more intense, Scorsese's love for gangster movies or Nolan's love for movies about time?
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Post#807 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:15 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:There's a scene in The Last Boy Scout where Bruce Willis is incredulous over the cost of Damon's Wayons' pants.

;ab_channel=CrisDuce

That's usually my reaction whenever I get pay for tickets to a movie in a theater.

Tarantino basically jacked this moment and remixed it. What's the difference between this and the $5 milkshake scene between Vincent and Mia in Pulp Fiction?

I'm not mad at QT, though. The thing I'm working on steals from him, Soderbergh, Elmore Leonard, Kubrick, et al.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#808 » by skones » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:24 pm

Siefer wrote:Three episodes into Raised by Wolves (HBO Max) and really digging to so far. Feels like prime Ridley Scott sci-fi in the early goings.
There's a bit shift because he's only the director for the first two episodes and executive producer for the series. It's Aaron Guzikowski's brainchild.

Really really good though. I'm all about it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using RealGM mobile app
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,017

Post#809 » by FrieAaron » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:33 pm

UcanUwill wrote:DO you think Nolan lost it, his earlier films like Memento and Prestige looked like a stroke of genius, but later years Nolan became disposable. Or do you disagree?

Haven't seen his latest yet, but I thought "Dunkirk" was probably his best film.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#810 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:49 pm

FrieAaron wrote:

Haven't seen his latest yet, but I thought "Dunkirk" was probably his best film.

Interesting. Is that because you dont think as highly of his other movies or just really like Dunkirk?
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,744

Post#811 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:06 pm

I did not enjoy The Devil All the Time.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#812 » by UcanUwill » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:13 pm

I thought Hacksaw Ridge was better than Dunkirk, Dunkirk was just not for me. I think Prestige is my favorite Nolan movie, its truly a genius film, but it was book adaptation just like Memento, Nolan was very good at translating great ideas to screenplay, and he picked up a lot form it, but his original ideas as of late seem unpolished to say the least.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#813 » by UcanUwill » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:15 pm

truly wrote:Hype

Its Denis Villeneuve one, so I am very hyped, I think that guys is new great director of our time.

By the way, Mandalorian won 5 Emmys, well deserved.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Post#814 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:59 pm

Started Futureman. It's raunchy, with heart, funny. Dig the story arc and character development in season 1 so far. Anyone else further along? Does it continue this trend?
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#815 » by Nowak008 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:28 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:There's a scene in The Last Boy Scout where Bruce Willis is incredulous over the cost of Damon's Wayons' pants.

;ab_channel=CrisDuce

Tarantino basically jacked this moment and remixed it. What's the difference between this and the $5 milkshake scene between Vincent and Mia in Pulp Fiction?

I'm not mad at QT, though. The thing I'm working on steals from him, Soderbergh, Elmore Leonard, Kubrick, et al.

What's your favorite Tarantino line? I gotta go with "I hope you don't mind if I go out speaking the kings." or "Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#816 » by mke_design » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:35 pm

Nolan hasn't even nearly lost it. Personally, I believe he is the most talented film maker and writer in the business. But I understand that is subjective.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Post#817 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:39 pm

Nowak008 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

;ab_channel=CrisDuce

What's your favorite Tarantino line? I gotta go with "I hope you don't mind if I go out speaking the kings." or "Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."

Pulp Fiction: Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.

Jackie Brown: You can’t trust Melanie, but you can trust Melanie to be Melanie.

Django: The whole "Treat him like Jerry" run.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,716

Post#818 » by tydett » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:40 pm

Every couple of years when I forget how good the Prestige is, I rewatch it and remember that it's just a great piece of cinema.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#819 » by Nowak008 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:45 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

Pulp Fiction: Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.

Jackie Brown: You can’t trust Melanie, but you can trust Melanie to be Melanie.

Django: The whole "Treat him like Jerry" run.

So you want me to treat him like white folks?
Nooooooooooo... hmm... Now I can see why you are confused...

Classic.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Post#820 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:51 pm

Still enjoy Reservoir Dogs
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks