ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
stellation
RealGM
Posts: 13,385
And1: 6,009
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: *inaudible*

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1021 » by stellation » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:38 am

SupremeHustle wrote:This show is going to be amazing. Heard the scripts are fire.

Read on Twitter

As Mr. Mercer kicks the door in, the Mystery Woman flicks the switch on her remote control, and the whole building blows up. Jake and Colin get up and brush themselves off.

COLIN
It's almost nine o'clock. We gotta go to work.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 67,857
And1: 20,587
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1022 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:12 pm

Getting my first 4K HDR TV in a couple of weeks. What I've seen from friends TV's it's going to be pretty damn great.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 24,930
And1: 6,238
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1023 » by crkone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:27 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Getting my first 4K HDR TV in a couple of weeks. What I've seen from friends TV's it's going to be pretty damn great.


Here you go. Add it to your watch list. It's hard to look away the first time you watch anything in 4K.

Code: Select all

            ________
    o      |   __   |
      \_ O |  |__|  |
   ____/ \ |___WW___|
   __/   /     ||
               ||
               ||
_______________||________________
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 67,857
And1: 20,587
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1024 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:29 pm

crkone wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Getting my first 4K HDR TV in a couple of weeks. What I've seen from friends TV's it's going to be pretty damn great.


Here you go. Add it to your watch list. It's hard to look away the first time you watch anything in 4K.

Nice. I have Prime so that's great. I wish Packers/Bucks/Brewers were in 4K
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 24,930
And1: 6,238
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1025 » by crkone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:33 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
crkone wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Getting my first 4K HDR TV in a couple of weeks. What I've seen from friends TV's it's going to be pretty damn great.


Here you go. Add it to your watch list. It's hard to look away the first time you watch anything in 4K.

Nice. I have Prime so that's great. I wish Packers/Bucks/Brewers were in 4K


Image

EDIT: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/4k-live-sports-and-events-schedule-updated-11-18-2020.3006930/

Code: Select all

            ________
    o      |   __   |
      \_ O |  |__|  |
   ____/ \ |___WW___|
   __/   /     ||
               ||
               ||
_______________||________________
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
Posts: 15,383
And1: 10,743
Joined: Feb 07, 2010

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1026 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:34 am

Rewatching Chappelle show on Netflix and the second season is just brilliant. Show really holds up the test of time 16 years later. **** belongs in the Smithsonian.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 78,556
And1: 18,597
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1027 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:15 pm

Read on Twitter
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
Posts: 28,851
And1: 6,191
Joined: Feb 26, 2010
Location: on the Hellmouth
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1028 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:07 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

**** my life, are you kidding me? That sucks.

Given the amount of books left to cover and the successful transition to Amazon I just assumed this would go on for awhile.
Bucksfan28
Head Coach
Posts: 6,308
And1: 2,948
Joined: Nov 15, 2009

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1029 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:11 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Getting my first 4K HDR TV in a couple of weeks. What I've seen from friends TV's it's going to be pretty damn great.


It's awesome man, welcome to the club. Do you have a specific one picked out yet?
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 67,857
And1: 20,587
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1030 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:15 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Getting my first 4K HDR TV in a couple of weeks. What I've seen from friends TV's it's going to be pretty damn great.


It's awesome man, welcome to the club. Do you have a specific one picked out yet?

I bought a 75" Sony. Mid priced one. OLED would have been nice but I was wasn't willing to shell out the cash. I won't have it set up for another week or so.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ChubsHarrison
Ballboy
Posts: 4
And1: 0
Joined: Nov 21, 2020
 

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1031 » by ChubsHarrison » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:17 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter


Donkey Balls
Bucksfan28
Head Coach
Posts: 6,308
And1: 2,948
Joined: Nov 15, 2009

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1032 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:21 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Getting my first 4K HDR TV in a couple of weeks. What I've seen from friends TV's it's going to be pretty damn great.


It's awesome man, welcome to the club. Do you have a specific one picked out yet?

I bought a 75" Sony. Mid priced one. OLED would have been nice but I was wasn't willing to shell out the cash. I won't have it set up for another week or so.


Yea, larger screen and OLED are my next upgrade (currently have a 55"). Sonys are real nice though. Great choice.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
User avatar
Iheartfootball
Analyst
Posts: 3,726
And1: 1,888
Joined: May 09, 2014
Location: The Bay Area, but not back down
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1033 » by Iheartfootball » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:48 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Rewatching Chappelle show on Netflix and the second season is just brilliant. Show really holds up the test of time 16 years later. **** belongs in the Smithsonian.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app


I guess they just pulled all the seasons because CBS Viacom never asked Chapelle permission to license them to Netflix. Bummer, I was looking forward to them this weekend. I don't blame Dave, pay the man first.

Read on Twitter
#FreeChuckDiesel
HurricaneKid
General Manager
Posts: 7,538
And1: 4,548
Joined: Jul 13, 2010
Location: Sconnie Nation
 

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1034 » by HurricaneKid » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:52 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Rewatching Chappelle show on Netflix and the second season is just brilliant. Show really holds up the test of time 16 years later. **** belongs in the Smithsonian.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app


I guess they just pulled all the seasons because CBS Viacom never asked Chapelle permission to license them to Netflix. Bummer, I was looking forward to them this weekend. I don't blame Dave, pay the man first.

Read on Twitter
Holy ****. Imagine selling something you had no right to sell. I hope DC gets his bag.

I have also been going through a rewatch and only had a few to go. And despite the world changing mightily it seems almost more prescient now than it was then.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
User avatar
Lippo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,206
And1: 670
Joined: Jun 15, 2006

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1035 » by Lippo » Yesterday 4:41 am

Yo, give Warrior a try on Cinemax, it’s a martial arts version of Gangs of New York, but in SF.... think fans on Banshee will like the violence....
User avatar
MissKhriddleton
Starter
Posts: 2,166
And1: 1,371
Joined: Nov 03, 2015
 

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1036 » by MissKhriddleton » Yesterday 5:01 am

GF and I started watching the Umbrella Academy as we had nothing else to watch and we both think it’s really good. Like Watchmen Lite.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 78,556
And1: 18,597
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1037 » by ReasonablySober » Yesterday 6:12 am

Lippo wrote:Yo, give Warrior a try on Cinemax, it’s a martial arts version of Gangs of New York, but in SF.... think fans on Banshee will like the violence....


You should check out Into the Badlands.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 78,556
And1: 18,597
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1038 » by ReasonablySober » Yesterday 6:15 am

HurricaneKid wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Rewatching Chappelle show on Netflix and the second season is just brilliant. Show really holds up the test of time 16 years later. **** belongs in the Smithsonian.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app


I guess they just pulled all the seasons because CBS Viacom never asked Chapelle permission to license them to Netflix. Bummer, I was looking forward to them this weekend. I don't blame Dave, pay the man first.

Read on Twitter
Holy ****. Imagine selling something you had no right to sell. I hope DC gets his bag.

I have also been going through a rewatch and only had a few to go. And despite the world changing mightily it seems almost more prescient now than it was then.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app


They didn't have to pull it. It isn't Dave's property. They pulled it because he asked and he's got a standup comedy relationship with them.

I think it's **** he had it pulled, tbh.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

otmshank1
Junior
Posts: 252
And1: 230
Joined: Dec 29, 2006
Location: WI
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1039 » by otmshank1 » Yesterday 6:07 pm

Does anyone here use Spectrum TV's streaming service (TV Choice)? I'm physically sick at the thought of going back to cable but with Hulu dropping FSN I have no other way to watch the Bucks. Any recommendations?
I'm sober enough to know what I'm doing, and drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 67,857
And1: 20,587
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1040 » by MickeyDavis » Yesterday 6:28 pm

otmshank1 wrote:Does anyone here use Spectrum TV's streaming service (TV Choice)? I'm physically sick at the thought of going back to cable but with Hulu dropping FSN I have no other way to watch the Bucks. Any recommendations?

I'm switching to Spectrum this week. But not this particular service, just their regular cable (I have and love uVerse but have to switch due to circumstances beyond my control).

It looks like Choice is ala carte? You can pick any 10 channels for $24.99? Sounds like a decent deal if you can truly pick the channels you want.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks