ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,174

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#101 » by DingleJerry » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:08 pm

One episode down and my take so far is that the parks of the "abusers" is better and treats the animals better than the PETA person. Can tell this is just gonna go nuts, I'll be surprised if I don't watch it all by this time tomorrow.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,790

Post#102 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:37 pm

I'm shocked I tell you (this guy spent a year at the zoo, wrote a long article about it in NY Mag, and did a podcast on it. He's doing a Twitter AMA...and holy spit there are like ten more jaw droppers in it):

Read on Twitter
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#103 » by jimmybones » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:18 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:Re: Tiger King

My opinions:
Spoiler:
- Joe burnt his own place down
- Jeff setup Joe re: the plot to kill Carol
- Carol killed her husband
- Doc Antle is a cult leader

Agreed on all accounts. Also, re: Carole-

Spoiler:
She comes off as fake to me and just smarter at playing the game than Joe, but she's in the biz for attention and long term profit and not a noble cause, or maybe a combination, but I don't buy that her intentions are all pure.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,555

Post#104 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:47 am

Spoiler:
Hey all you cool cats and kittens
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,555

Post#105 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:16 am

Jeff Lowe is a walking 63 year old can of Monster Energy Drink.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#106 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:42 am

So Mr. Inbetween is really, really good.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,085

Post#107 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:32 am

Had a blast watching The Gentlemen. Easily Richie's best since Snatch.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,618

Post#108 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:59 am

Ozark drops tomorrow
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#109 » by crkone » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:20 am

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#110 » by El Duderino » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:01 am

HaroldinGMinor wrote:So Mr. Inbetween is really, really good.

I love that show so much. This scene is one of my favorites.

ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 682

Post#111 » by ejn1214 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:19 am

I'm definitely not a Carole Baskin supporter, but I read this off their website (her basically challenging much of episode 3) and her reasoning and explanations seem to make more sense than the others involved with her husband. Basically everyone encountered in this show is a criminal. No legs and no arm are the only two that might be decent people.

https://bigcatrescue.org/refuting-netflix-tiger-king/
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#112 » by Licensed to Il » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:12 pm

ejn1214 wrote:I'm definitely not a Carole Baskin supporter, but I read this off their website (her basically challenging much of episode 3) and her reasoning and explanations seem to make more sense than the others involved with her husband. Basically everyone encountered in this show is a criminal. No legs and no arm are the only two that might be decent people.

Probably the best legacy of "Tiger King" is the incredible reminder it gives us of the unreliable narrator. You really can't trust a single person interviewed. They are all involved in various levels of animal abuse, illegal activities, extortion, drug use, cultish manipulation, etc and have lied, manipulated, and cast doubts on others for so long they probably aren't even sure what is true and what is not.

Carole is probably the most honest and ethical of the animal owners, and I would say she is probably a D- as far as integrity and trustworthiness Joe, Doc Antle, and the rest are somehow even less trustworthy. For goodness sake, the reality tv producer comes off as the most sensible, and those guys make a living off of distorting our perception of reality. Like... he is THE VERY GUY that created the facade that Joe was a thriving, charismatic, entrepreneur and then he sits there in the diner smoking and explaining how it was all false.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,678

Post#113 » by BroncoBuck » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:15 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Had a blast watching The Gentlemen. Easily Richie's best since Snatch.

I watched this last night and really enjoyed it. Excellent cast.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,085

Post#114 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:20 pm

I take it there are some around here taking advantage of the direct to streaming options right now? They're more expensive for sure, but I've already watched two movies I wasn't going to see in the theater anyway. I live alone and with the quarantine it wasn't like I was gonna be going to a friend or family's place, but I can see how that would make the option really nice. Like four people throw in five bucks.

I wonder how this experiment will go for the studios and if it continues once the quarantine is over. It would end movie theaters immediately.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,678

Post#115 » by BroncoBuck » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:24 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:
ejn1214 wrote:I'm definitely not a Carole Baskin supporter, but I read this off their website (her basically challenging much of episode 3) and her reasoning and explanations seem to make more sense than the others involved with her husband. Basically everyone encountered in this show is a criminal. No legs and no arm are the only two that might be decent people.

Probably the best legacy of "Tiger King" is the incredible reminder it gives us of the unreliable narrator. You really can't trust a single person interviewed. They are all involved in various levels of animal abuse, illegal activities, extortion, drug use, cultish manipulation, etc and have lied, manipulated, and cast doubts on others for so long they probably aren't even sure what is true and what is not.

Carole is probably the most honest and ethical of the animal owners, and I would say she is probably a D- as far as integrity and trustworthiness Joe, Doc Antle, and the rest are somehow even less trustworthy. For goodness sake, the reality tv producer comes off as the most sensible, and those guys make a living off of distorting our perception of reality. Like... he is THE VERY GUY that created the facade that Joe was a thriving, charismatic, entrepreneur and then he sits there in the diner smoking and explaining how it was all false.

I listened to the podcast when it released and I remember coming away from it with the idea that maybe she killed her husband, but after watching the series I’m almost positive she did. These big cat people are all crazy. The guy without legs seemed to be the most honest of the whole bunch.

There’s a few of these “zoos” in our neck of the woods too. A family friend of my mother operates one in the UP and has done business with Joe and some of these others in the past. It’s all just a messed up world and all these animals get used and abused.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,166

Post#116 » by JEIS » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:14 pm

Panama Papers was a good documentary.

Global corruption is legit. No conspiracy theory necessary.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#117 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:49 pm

My guess with Carlole is her husband was an abuser of her and animals, she killed him and in her mind that and all her current stuff is justifiable.

But she sucks and belongs in prison like 90% of the people on this show. It's really an amazing collection of bat **** crazy white trash.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,778

Post#118 » by emunney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:00 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I take it there are some around here taking advantage of the direct to streaming options right now? They're more expensive for sure, but I've already watched two movies I wasn't going to see in the theater anyway. I live alone and with the quarantine it wasn't like I was gonna be going to a friend or family's place, but I can see how that would make the option really nice. Like four people throw in five bucks.

I wonder how this experiment will go for the studios and if it continues once the quarantine is over. It would end movie theaters immediately.

I love movie theaters and plan to go see like 50 movies as soon as it's safe.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,778

Post#119 » by emunney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:24 pm

Started out questionable but I loved "I Am Not OK With This" on Netflix. Same comic book author and director of The End of the **** World. Really like the director's visual and editing style. Very economical visual storytelling.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#120 » by HaroldinGMinor » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:19 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:

My guess with Carlole is her husband was an abuser of her and animals, she killed him and in her mind that and all her current stuff is justifiable.

But she sucks and belongs in prison like 90% of the people on this show. It's really an amazing collection of bat **** crazy white trash.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

She dated a guy after her husband disappeared and before she married her current husband. That guy filed a restraining order against her. I can't find the tweet but the guy who did the podcast (Robert Moor) had screen shots of the affidavit. He claimed she said she knew her husband was never coming back because the dead can't rise from the grave (or something to that effect).

Edit: Found it (#12)
(also there are some theories that Carole was actually a prostitute when she met her soon to be wealthy husband. Given how they met I can see why. The podcast guy (Below) said he asked her about that and she politely declined to answer)
Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks