ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 17,107
And1: 8,754
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Latveria
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1081 » by Matches Malone » Tue Dec 8, 2020 3:08 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I'm sure I'll get a lot of backlash from the "you should go to the theater and financially support artists and their intellectual property" crowd, but who seriously is gonna take the side of the distributors on this one? Guys like Nolan just sounding incredibly tone deaf. This is a pretty special circumstance and I don't really see their "slippery slope" argument in regards to streaming. Reeks of corporate greed in a time where a lot of people are hurting financially.


I agree with you. Plus, WB bent over backwards for Nolan to get out Tenet (Which sucked, imo). He forced them to have it go Theatrically, losing millions of dollars in the middle of a pandemic, instead of doing something like VOD rental. Movie theaters aren't going to die, but they will and need to change. Not sure what that looks like but there will still be movie going experiences for people. I think releasing in theaters and HBO Max same day was a good move.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
User avatar
Siefer
RealGM
Posts: 10,522
And1: 2,582
Joined: Nov 05, 2006
Location: Madison, WI
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1082 » by Siefer » Tue Dec 8, 2020 6:28 pm

Warner isn't some sort of agent of benevolence here, but this move makes a ton of business sense for them, and is also very much aligned with customer interests. Nolan is cornering the market on out of touch positions right now.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
User avatar
machu46
General Manager
Posts: 7,820
And1: 2,327
Joined: Jun 28, 2012
Location: DC
       

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1083 » by machu46 » Wed Dec 9, 2020 4:32 pm

I don't know if it's going to just be a bad **** or an incredible movie, but one way or another, the new Spider-Man movie is about to be insane and I'm thrilled.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
ABucksFan
Junior
Posts: 462
And1: 274
Joined: Apr 26, 2019
         

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1084 » by ABucksFan » Wed Dec 9, 2020 5:30 pm

I hear mixed things about Tenet. I'm still going to watch it, but...thoughts. Lol.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 68,442
And1: 21,146
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1085 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:49 am

buckboy wrote:Yeah, the first episode doesn't go with the rest of it. Plus, Anya Taylor-Joy isn't in it. And her performance in episodes 2-7 is easily the best part of the series (to me anyway).

I would encourage anyone who turned it off after one episode to try again, because she is absolutely fantastic.

You're right. I started up again and it's good (I'm through 4). I liked Anya in Peaky Blinders and ahea really good in this as well.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 50,993
And1: 22,298
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1086 » by emunney » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:37 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I'm sure I'll get a lot of backlash from the "you should go to the theater and financially support artists and their intellectual property" crowd, but who seriously is gonna take the side of the distributors on this one? Guys like Nolan just sounding incredibly tone deaf. This is a pretty special circumstance and I don't really see their "slippery slope" argument in regards to streaming. Reeks of corporate greed in a time where a lot of people are hurting financially.


I agree with you. Plus, WB bent over backwards for Nolan to get out Tenet (Which sucked, imo). He forced them to have it go Theatrically, losing millions of dollars in the middle of a pandemic, instead of doing something like VOD rental. Movie theaters aren't going to die, but they will and need to change. Not sure what that looks like but there will still be movie going experiences for people. I think releasing in theaters and HBO Max same day was a good move.


I'm **** dying to go to a movie theater. Going to see so many **** movies next fall.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.


#FreeChuckDiesel
skones
RealGM
Posts: 29,908
And1: 9,292
Joined: Jul 20, 2004
Location: Milwaukee
       

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1087 » by skones » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:13 pm

Ahsoka spin off officially announced. HELL YEAH **** RIGHT
User avatar
machu46
General Manager
Posts: 7,820
And1: 2,327
Joined: Jun 28, 2012
Location: DC
       

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1088 » by machu46 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:43 pm

skones wrote:Ahsoka spin off officially announced. HELL YEAH **** RIGHT


Had to figure that was coming with the way the Ahsoka episode went but cool nonetheless.

I still want them to eventually do something at least in the era of the KotOR games. Feel like it would make for a great action show.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
User avatar
StickeeFingaz
Head Coach
Posts: 6,632
And1: 3,910
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1089 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:46 pm

Heaven’s Gate doc on HBO was good and quite disturbing.
#FreeChuckDiesel
skones
RealGM
Posts: 29,908
And1: 9,292
Joined: Jul 20, 2004
Location: Milwaukee
       

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1090 » by skones » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:52 am

machu46 wrote:
skones wrote:Ahsoka spin off officially announced. HELL YEAH **** RIGHT


Had to figure that was coming with the way the Ahsoka episode went but cool nonetheless.

I still want them to eventually do something at least in the era of the KotOR games. Feel like it would make for a great action show.


That's more or less the plan. I know early 21, they've got a slate of books rolling out from the high republic era. It's likely going to set the tone for future movies/tv shows in that era. It allows them to completely remove themselves from the confines of the skywalker saga while still being able to use a familiar character like Yoda, obviously more spry being 200 years or so younger.
User avatar
MoreTrife
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,030
And1: 1,137
Joined: Jun 14, 2014
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1091 » by MoreTrife » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:28 am

ABucksFan wrote:I hear mixed things about Tenet. I'm still going to watch it, but...thoughts. Lol.


I saw it in the theaters and loved it with a few caveats:
1. Really really hard to follow, both plot and dialogue. And I was working hard to follow. After the movie I read about it and it made for sense but you'll likely be lost at times. Thought it was really smart though and not just a mess.
2. I'm a Nolan stan.

The set pieces and production were typical Nolan top notch. Top. Notch.
User avatar
MoreTrife
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,030
And1: 1,137
Joined: Jun 14, 2014
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1092 » by MoreTrife » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:29 am

emunney wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I'm sure I'll get a lot of backlash from the "you should go to the theater and financially support artists and their intellectual property" crowd, but who seriously is gonna take the side of the distributors on this one? Guys like Nolan just sounding incredibly tone deaf. This is a pretty special circumstance and I don't really see their "slippery slope" argument in regards to streaming. Reeks of corporate greed in a time where a lot of people are hurting financially.


I agree with you. Plus, WB bent over backwards for Nolan to get out Tenet (Which sucked, imo). He forced them to have it go Theatrically, losing millions of dollars in the middle of a pandemic, instead of doing something like VOD rental. Movie theaters aren't going to die, but they will and need to change. Not sure what that looks like but there will still be movie going experiences for people. I think releasing in theaters and HBO Max same day was a good move.


I'm **** dying to go to a movie theater. Going to see so many **** movies next fall.


Been to two completely empty movies during pandemic haha. It was great but I felt bad, they gotta be getting murdered.
User avatar
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,798
And1: 1,709
Joined: Nov 19, 2014
   

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1093 » by DavidDunn21 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:07 am

MoreTrife wrote:
ABucksFan wrote:I hear mixed things about Tenet. I'm still going to watch it, but...thoughts. Lol.


I saw it in the theaters and loved it with a few caveats:
1. Really really hard to follow, both plot and dialogue. And I was working hard to follow. After the movie I read about it and it made for sense but you'll likely be lost at times. Thought it was really smart though and not just a mess.
2. I'm a Nolan stan.

The set pieces and production were typical Nolan top notch. Top. Notch.
I agree with this. Still, mid-tier Nolan at best

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
Image
User avatar
Iheartfootball
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,813
And1: 2,131
Joined: May 09, 2014
Location: The Bay Area, but not back down
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1094 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:35 am

From SNL to Mr. Show to Breaking Bad to BCS to this. The evolution is complete.

Read on Twitter
#FreeChuckDiesel
User avatar
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 17,107
And1: 8,754
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Latveria
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1095 » by Matches Malone » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:53 am

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 25,218
And1: 6,513
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1096 » by crkone » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:29 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter


He's like a fine wine.

Code: Select all

            ________
    o      |   __   |
      \_ O |  |__|  |
   ____/ \ |___WW___|
   __/   /     ||
               ||
               ||
_______________||________________
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 68,442
And1: 21,146
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1097 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:52 am

Watched the first two episodes of Your Honor on Showtime. Fairly predictable but I'll watch anything starring Bryan Cranston.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
User avatar
Iheartfootball
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,813
And1: 2,131
Joined: May 09, 2014
Location: The Bay Area, but not back down
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1098 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:45 am

Season 5 Expanse is up? Dafuq?

:rockon:
#FreeChuckDiesel
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 79,134
And1: 19,274
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1099 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:50 am

Iheartfootball wrote:Season 5 Expanse is up? Dafuq?

:rockon:


Oh hell yea.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
jimmybones
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,982
And1: 964
Joined: May 29, 2009
Location: MKE
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1100 » by jimmybones » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:57 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Watched the first two episodes of Your Honor on Showtime. Fairly predictable but I'll watch anything starring Bryan Cranston.


Why was he questioning the witness and basically doing the defenses job in the first episode? TV show, I know, but c'mon :lol:
New boot goofin'

Return to Milwaukee Bucks