ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
glenn
Analyst
Posts: 3,079
And1: 2,632
Joined: Oct 05, 2010
Location: Craft Sausages

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1141 » by glenn » Wed Jan 6, 2021 2:59 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I signed up for a seven day trial of Discover+ (ad free) and as a Food Network junky I think this might be the best streaming service out there.

I came close last night. I originally scoffed at another streaming service, especially one for just a single company, but when I looked at the show lineup I thought damn, I watch a lot of this. Might check it out soon.
:reporter:
ejn1214
Junior
Posts: 275
And1: 193
Joined: Mar 14, 2013

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1142 » by ejn1214 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:57 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Someone else rent "Hunter Hunter" so I can talk about it. It's gonna end up being one of those cult classics that people scream about so you might as well catch it now. Also, don't read anything about it or watch a trailer. Go in completely blind. That said it's at 90% on RT.

Just finished it. Yikers.
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 28,068
And1: 4,674
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1143 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Jan 9, 2021 1:54 pm

glenn wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I signed up for a seven day trial of Discover+ (ad free) and as a Food Network junky I think this might be the best streaming service out there.

I came close last night. I originally scoffed at another streaming service, especially one for just a single company, but when I looked at the show lineup I thought damn, I watch a lot of this. Might check it out soon.


Are there actually new shows? Or is it just streaming what they already have? I haven't been able to find a show lineup anywhere - their website sucks.

All I've seen, from commercials, are that dumb Magnolia cooking show (oh good, another southern lady sharing her mother's recipes), and Bobby & Giada go to Italy (which I bet I would enjoy, but not as the singular option).
#FreeChuckAndNowak
User avatar
Ill-yasova
RealGM
Posts: 13,242
And1: 2,469
Joined: Jul 13, 2006

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1144 » by Ill-yasova » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:13 pm

I strongarmed my dad into giving me his DirecTV login info so I can finally stream from the Fox Sports Go app. It’s a little clunky but overall pretty solid.
User avatar
glenn
Analyst
Posts: 3,079
And1: 2,632
Joined: Oct 05, 2010
Location: Craft Sausages

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1145 » by glenn » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:47 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
glenn wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I signed up for a seven day trial of Discover+ (ad free) and as a Food Network junky I think this might be the best streaming service out there.

I came close last night. I originally scoffed at another streaming service, especially one for just a single company, but when I looked at the show lineup I thought damn, I watch a lot of this. Might check it out soon.


Are there actually new shows? Or is it just streaming what they already have? I haven't been able to find a show lineup anywhere - their website sucks.

All I've seen, from commercials, are that dumb Magnolia cooking show (oh good, another southern lady sharing her mother's recipes), and Bobby & Giada go to Italy (which I bet I would enjoy, but not as the singular option).

Seems like mostly streaming stuff that they already have, which for me is fine, plus a handful of originals that I don't really care about. The app is kind of undercooked, and I'm guessing the website is similar. I was wondering why I couldn't find Chopped, which is one of Food's most popular shows, and eventually found a placeholder saying that they will have a constant stream available later in January instead of having every episode available at once. Seems strange.

I still think it is a good value depending on your interests. I will get a lot of mileage out of the Food Network shows and the nature stuff. My wife and I are in home buying mode and like watching some of the DIY and HGTV shows that are focused more on the house and not on the personality. Like with most of these services in the streaming-overload era I will probably subscribe on and off depending on what else I'm watching.
:reporter:
tydett
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,409
And1: 3,599
Joined: Feb 15, 2012
   

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1146 » by tydett » Sat Jan 9, 2021 9:11 pm

Mr. Mayor with Ted Danson is.... not good.
User avatar
Mags FTW
RealGM
Posts: 32,203
And1: 5,225
Joined: Feb 16, 2006
Location: Flickin' It

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1147 » by Mags FTW » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:39 am

I'm like an hour and a half into WW84 right now. Does this movie ever get to the damn point?
User avatar
Siefer
RealGM
Posts: 10,601
And1: 2,621
Joined: Nov 05, 2006
Location: Madison, WI
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1148 » by Siefer » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:05 pm

Attack on Titan is what we wanted Game of Thrones to be.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
User avatar
Mags FTW
RealGM
Posts: 32,203
And1: 5,225
Joined: Feb 16, 2006
Location: Flickin' It

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1149 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:38 am

If you get tempted to see WW84, just go watch a dog take a dump in the park instead.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 79,186
And1: 19,345
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1150 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:37 pm

One episode in and I can tell I'm gonna be bummed there's only 20 episodes of Warrior.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

Bucksfan28
Head Coach
Posts: 6,534
And1: 3,173
Joined: Nov 15, 2009

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1151 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:35 pm

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo holds up.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
User avatar
Lippo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,263
And1: 707
Joined: Jun 15, 2006

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1152 » by Lippo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:56 am

ReasonablySober wrote:One episode in and I can tell I'm gonna be bummed there's only 20 episodes of Warrior.


Told ya, probably the most entertaining show on TV atm... at least for our tastes...
And it’s one of the few shows that gets better as it goes on, much like Black Sails...
User avatar
Lippo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,263
And1: 707
Joined: Jun 15, 2006

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1153 » by Lippo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:00 am

Siefer wrote:Attack on Titan is what we wanted Game of Thrones to be.


I for one did not want one of the greatest shows in the history of television to be Anime...
User avatar
Siefer
RealGM
Posts: 10,601
And1: 2,621
Joined: Nov 05, 2006
Location: Madison, WI
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1154 » by Siefer » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:25 pm

Lippo wrote:
Siefer wrote:Attack on Titan is what we wanted Game of Thrones to be.


I for one did not want one of the greatest shows in the history of television to be Anime...


Bummer. I'm good taking my great media in whatever form it comes.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
User avatar
truly
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,887
And1: 1,608
Joined: Feb 05, 2016
   

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1155 » by truly » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:54 pm

Lippo wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:One episode in and I can tell I'm gonna be bummed there's only 20 episodes of Warrior.


Told ya, probably the most entertaining show on TV atm... at least for our tastes...
And it’s one of the few shows that gets better as it goes on, much like Black Sails...



I am going to start watching this because of your recommendation here.Will report back.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 68,612
And1: 21,316
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1156 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:29 pm

tydett wrote:Mr. Mayor with Ted Danson is.... not good.

Crap. I like Ted Danson. I've recorded the episodes but haven't watched yet. I'll give it a shot. Comedies can take some time to develop.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
tydett
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,409
And1: 3,599
Joined: Feb 15, 2012
   

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1157 » by tydett » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:36 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
tydett wrote:Mr. Mayor with Ted Danson is.... not good.

Crap. I like Ted Danson. I've recorded the episodes but haven't watched yet. I'll give it a shot. Comedies can take some time to develop.


Love Ted Danson, he's winsome and charismatic, but I just didn't find anything else from the first two episodes that worked. It may be something like Parks and Recreation where the first season is forgettable and it comes into its own, but none of the side characters really do anything for me (even Bobby Moynihan, who I also think is really funny).
User avatar
HaroldinGMinor
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,844
And1: 4,561
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
       

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1158 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:33 pm

Anybody check out Lupin on Netflix? We watched episode 1 and liked it quite a bit.
Image
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 79,186
And1: 19,345
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1159 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:56 pm

First two Wandavision eps were slow but had some intriguing moments.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

wallus
Senior
Posts: 580
And1: 520
Joined: Jan 02, 2019
 

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1160 » by wallus » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:23 pm

Not a big golf fan but watched the first part of Tiger Woods' documentary on HBO Max. I thought it was pretty good and I feel bad for a guy that didn't have a normal childhood.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks