ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
Ryan5UW
Head Coach
Posts: 6,840
And1: 325
Joined: Jan 11, 2003
Location: Madison, WI
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1521 » by Ryan5UW » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:57 pm

What? I’m the only one who saw CB4?
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
User avatar
Iheartfootball
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,991
And1: 2,371
Joined: May 09, 2014
Location: The Bay Area, but not back down
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1522 » by Iheartfootball » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:39 pm

The correct answer is ‘one rib’:

“ I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.”
-James Baldwin
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 80,253
And1: 20,262
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1523 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:41 am

Did any of you watch Nip/Tuck? Spencer Hall brought it up on Twitter tonight and it made me realize that might have been the last pre-social media buzz-worthy show. "Lost" I feel is a cheat because it was on a major network. Nip/tuck you only watched if you had cable, rented the DVDs, and/or had someone tell you about it. You were calling people in season three over the Carver storyline.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
FrieAaron
Head Coach
Posts: 6,748
And1: 3,159
Joined: Mar 25, 2010

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1524 » by FrieAaron » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:41 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Did any of you watch Nip/Tuck? Spencer Hall brought it up on Twitter tonight and it made me realize that might have been the last pre-social media buzz-worthy show. "Lost" I feel is a cheat because it was on a major network. Nip/tuck you only watched if you had cable, rented the DVDs, and/or had someone tell you about it. You were calling people in season three over the Carver storyline.


I liked Nip/Tuck, but thought it went downhill really fast. Probably right after that season you mentioned. Kept trying to one up itself to the point of absurdity (even for that show)
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 44,526
And1: 18,983
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
       

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1525 » by blazza18 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:03 pm

So if you just watched the Chris Rock scenes from that trailer you’d assume it’s a parody movie.
#FreeChuckDiesel

trwi7 wrote:Ban yourself you asshole.
User avatar
glenn
Analyst
Posts: 3,108
And1: 2,679
Joined: Oct 05, 2010
Location: Craft Sausages

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1526 » by glenn » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:47 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:Can't wait for Godzilla vs Kong. I'm just hoping it's better than the last one which was meh at best.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

I fast forwarded through the last Godzilla. It has some good action, but took its human stuff way too seriously. Skull Island was a lot of fun though.
:reporter:
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 25,671
And1: 6,822
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1527 » by crkone » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:40 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Did any of you watch Nip/Tuck? Spencer Hall brought it up on Twitter tonight and it made me realize that might have been the last pre-social media buzz-worthy show. "Lost" I feel is a cheat because it was on a major network. Nip/tuck you only watched if you had cable, rented the DVDs, and/or had someone tell you about it. You were calling people in season three over the Carver storyline.


I liked Nip/Tuck, but thought it went downhill really fast. Probably right after that season you mentioned. Kept trying to one up itself to the point of absurdity (even for that show)


Yeah it crashed hard after season 3/4.

Code: Select all

            ________
    o      |   __   |
      \_ O |  |__|  |
   ____/ \ |___WW___|
   __/   /     ||
               ||
               ||
_______________||________________
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 80,253
And1: 20,262
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1528 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:49 pm

crkone wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Did any of you watch Nip/Tuck? Spencer Hall brought it up on Twitter tonight and it made me realize that might have been the last pre-social media buzz-worthy show. "Lost" I feel is a cheat because it was on a major network. Nip/tuck you only watched if you had cable, rented the DVDs, and/or had someone tell you about it. You were calling people in season three over the Carver storyline.


I liked Nip/Tuck, but thought it went downhill really fast. Probably right after that season you mentioned. Kept trying to one up itself to the point of absurdity (even for that show)


Yeah it crashed hard after season 3/4.


Yea, either after four or during it is when I stopped.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 25,671
And1: 6,822
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1529 » by crkone » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:57 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
crkone wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:
I liked Nip/Tuck, but thought it went downhill really fast. Probably right after that season you mentioned. Kept trying to one up itself to the point of absurdity (even for that show)


Yeah it crashed hard after season 3/4.


Yea, either after four or during it is when I stopped.


Even during the good seasons it was a bit soap opera-y. I feel like they could've toned that down a bit if it was made now.

Code: Select all

            ________
    o      |   __   |
      \_ O |  |__|  |
   ____/ \ |___WW___|
   __/   /     ||
               ||
               ||
_______________||________________
User avatar
Siefer
RealGM
Posts: 11,190
And1: 2,991
Joined: Nov 05, 2006
Location: Madison, WI
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1530 » by Siefer » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:09 am

To quote a wise friend, Godzilla vs. Kong was very stupid and I enjoyed it immensely.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
jakecronus8
RealGM
Posts: 14,532
And1: 5,912
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1531 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:27 am

Nip/Tuck seasons 1-3 were as good as any television I’d ever seen. Total torpedo job from season 4 on though Julian Mcmahon was consistently great throughout
Read on Twitter


Hardcore Bucks fan podcast. @BuckLifePodcast on Twitter. Available on iTunes, Stitcher, and YouTube.
jakecronus8
RealGM
Posts: 14,532
And1: 5,912
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1532 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:28 am

Siefer wrote:To quote a wise friend, Godzilla vs. Kong was very stupid and I enjoyed it immensely.

Can’t wait to watch it. I read the plot summary and just reading about one specific scene made me lol.




Read on Twitter


Hardcore Bucks fan podcast. @BuckLifePodcast on Twitter. Available on iTunes, Stitcher, and YouTube.
User avatar
Siefer
RealGM
Posts: 11,190
And1: 2,991
Joined: Nov 05, 2006
Location: Madison, WI
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1533 » by Siefer » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:32 am

jakecronus8 wrote:
Siefer wrote:To quote a wise friend, Godzilla vs. Kong was very stupid and I enjoyed it immensely.

Can’t wait to watch it. I read the plot summary and just reading about one specific scene made me lol.


Wife and I ordered a pizza, poured some whiskey, and kicked back. Great time.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 80,253
And1: 20,262
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1534 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:42 am

Siefer wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:
Siefer wrote:To quote a wise friend, Godzilla vs. Kong was very stupid and I enjoyed it immensely.

Can’t wait to watch it. I read the plot summary and just reading about one specific scene made me lol.


Wife and I ordered a pizza, poured some whiskey, and kicked back. Great time.


WTF, I thought it did't come out until tomorrow.

Guess I'm staying up late tonight. I even got the whiskey and popcorn.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 80,253
And1: 20,262
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1535 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 1, 2021 3:45 am

Also, thanks! I'm so excited to watch this now.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 80,253
And1: 20,262
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1536 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:16 am

Quick review of Godzilla vs Kong: it's very bad, the CGI looks worse than the previous installments, the acting will take you completely out of the experience, the story is laughably bad, but Kong is cool.

My recommendation is to watch the best disaster movie in forever instead, 2020's Greenland. That's a motherf*cker of a flick that will hit hard.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
BroncoBuck
Veteran
Posts: 2,992
And1: 1,441
Joined: May 19, 2015
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1537 » by BroncoBuck » Thu Apr 1, 2021 10:29 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Quick review of Godzilla vs Kong: it's very bad, the CGI looks worse than the previous installments, the acting will take you completely out of the experience, the story is laughably bad, but Kong is cool.

My recommendation is to watch the best disaster movie in forever instead, 2020's Greenland. That's a motherf*cker of a flick that will hit hard.


Skull Island is by far the best movie of the 4 Godzilla/Kong movies in this series. I thought this one is probably second, but I didn’t really care for the two Godzilla movies (the trailer for that first Godzilla movie is so **** good though).

Greenland was fantastic and proved that Gerard Butler can still act when he wants to lmao. That whole opening birthday party scene with all their friends over really sets the tone for the rest of the movie.

My favorite Kaiju movie is still Pacific Rim. The sequel is horrendous, but the original is absolutely perfect. Now I just need GDT to give me the Gundam movie I’ve wanted since I was a kid lol
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 44,526
And1: 18,983
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
       

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1538 » by blazza18 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 12:37 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Finally finished the first three episodes of Invincible on Amazon Prime. If you like the comics, you won't be disappointed. It's incredibly well made and has a good amount of star power lending their voices.


Just got done watching the first ep. Goddamn man...
#FreeChuckDiesel

trwi7 wrote:Ban yourself you asshole.
midranger
RealGM
Posts: 35,296
And1: 6,455
Joined: May 12, 2002

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1539 » by midranger » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:56 pm

Half way through Bad Trip with Eric Andre and it's amazing.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
User avatar
SupremeHustle
RealGM
Posts: 23,313
And1: 21,873
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Location: Cloud 9
 

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1540 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:10 pm

Read on Twitter
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?


#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks