ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#41 » by crkone » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:59 pm

Finished season 1 of Bosch last night. How are the following seasons?

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,056

Post#42 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:03 pm

crkone wrote:Finished season 1 of Bosch last night. How are the following seasons?

About the same in quality throughout the life of the show. Extremely bingeable.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,725

Post#43 » by jimmybones » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:43 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:Also a lot of documentary series available too:

Making a Murderer (netflix)
McMillions (hbo)
The Keepers (netflix)
Wild, Wild Country (netflix)
The Jinx (HBO)

Anyone see the spoof of Wild Wild Country on Documentary Now? Owen Wilson plays the shaman, it's so hilarious.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#44 » by steger_3434 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:35 pm

Anyone have an lg oled tv? With basically being locked in the house I think I’m going to pull the trigger. I’ve always had Samsung’s, but from what I’ve read qled is simply just an lcd tv. Therefore I’m leaning toward an oled. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,433

Post#45 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:53 pm

I'd recommend The Americans. Originally on FX. I believe it streams on Hulu (I don't have Hulu)
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,827

Post#46 » by tydett » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:37 pm

Wow, all the recommendations of television to watch and not one of them is about Game of Thrones? Must've ended really satisfyingly to justify its continued presence in pop culture less than a year after it ended. #stillnotoverit
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#47 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:38 pm

steger_3434 wrote:Anyone have an lg oled tv? With basically being locked in the house I think I’m going to pull the trigger. I’ve always had Samsung’s, but from what I’ve read qled is simply just an lcd tv. Therefore I’m leaning toward an oled. Thoughts?

If you can afford one of the really nice OLED's I think it's a no-brainer to pull the trigger. I have a Samsung right now also (not QLED) and love it for the most part but its always been my understanding (from simply reading online so take that for what it's worth) that OLED is a clear tier above. Only thing holding me back is disposable income.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,775

Post#48 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:43 pm

tydett wrote:Wow, all the recommendations of television to watch and not one of them is about Game of Thrones? Must've ended really satisfyingly to justify its continued presence in pop culture less than a year after it ended. #stillnotoverit

You know watching GoT through Battle of the Bastards would be very rewarding.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#49 » by steger_3434 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:44 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:Anyone have an lg oled tv? With basically being locked in the house I think I’m going to pull the trigger. I’ve always had Samsung’s, but from what I’ve read qled is simply just an lcd tv. Therefore I’m leaning toward an oled. Thoughts?

If you can afford one of the really nice OLED's I think it's a no-brainer to pull the trigger. I have a Samsung right now also (not QLED) and love it for the most part but its always been my understanding (from simply reading online so take that for what it's worth) that OLED is a clear tier above. Only thing holding me back is disposable income.

Luckily I can swing it, but I am worried about burn in. That’s why I loved lcd over plasma, but the picture quality does seem by far the best

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#50 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:54 pm

I'm 2 episodes into Hunters. I can't decide whether I like it. I love Pacino but not so much in this role. While the original concept is interesting it almost has an "A-Team" vibe that doesn't fit the subject matter all that well IMO. But I'll watch another one or two and see what happens.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#51 » by drew881 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:58 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I'm 2 episodes into Hunters. I can't decide whether I like it. I love Pacino but not so much in this role. While the original concept is interesting it almost has an "A-Team" vibe that doesn't fit the subject matter all that well IMO. But I'll watch another one or two and see what happens.

Hunters sucks because it tries to be too Jewish in a kitschy way. Plot Against America just started on HBO and is a lot better.
crkone
RealGM

Post#52 » by crkone » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:28 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I'm 2 episodes into Hunters. I can't decide whether I like it. I love Pacino but not so much in this role. While the original concept is interesting it almost has an "A-Team" vibe that doesn't fit the subject matter all that well IMO. But I'll watch another one or two and see what happens.
I saw the ratings on it and noped out.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#53 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:24 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:

Front projection. Period.

Assuming of course you are watching in a basement or have lighting control (windows are a problem).

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,056

Post#54 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:55 pm

Cheers was a little before my time but I still watched it with my parents growing up. Obviously have forgotten almost all of the episodes. I'm binging that this week and the humor surprisingly still holds up. Super funny.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#55 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:10 pm

Second time I'm trying to get into The Crown. Does it get better after the first couple of episodes?
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#56 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:15 pm

If you literally don't think at all about the plot holes and stupid script and bad direction, Spenser Confidential is mildly entertaining.
crkone
RealGM

Post#57 » by crkone » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:28 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Second time I'm trying to get into The Crown. Does it get better after the first couple of episodes?

My wife loves it. That's about as much that I can give you.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#58 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:15 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:If you literally don't think at all about the plot holes and stupid script and bad direction, Spenser Confidential is mildly entertaining.

I rarely pick apart plots. I don't care if something is plausible. If it's entertaining that's what I care about. I used to enjoy 24. Someone would get shot, go into surgery and be in ICU. 7 or 8 episodes later they would be out running around again. And in the 24 world that would be 7-8 hours.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#59 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:29 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:If you literally don't think at all about the plot holes and stupid script and bad direction, Spenser Confidential is mildly entertaining.

I rarely pick apart plots. I don't care if something is plausible. If it's entertaining that's what I care about. I used to enjoy 24. Someone would get shot, go into surgery and be in ICU. 7 or 8 episodes later they would be out running around again. And in the 24 world that would be 7-8 hours.

In Spenser, a guy gets murdered, they close the case, but the yellow police tape is still up and there's still blood on the ground in a parking lot like two days later.

It's not too awful just don't expect it to be good and you'll be fine :)
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#60 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:12 pm

My series pickup for this week's quarantine is The Young Pope. Had no idea what to expect going in and E1 hooked me.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks