OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#81 » by stellation » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:31 am

drew881 wrote:If you liked Wild Wild Country, check out Tiger King on Netflix

I liked Wild Wild Country, AND I like tigers HOWEVER I'm a staunch anti-monarchist.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,906

Post#82 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:05 am

Ron Swanson wrote:Just finished the 2nd season of Narcos: Mexico and thought it might be their best season yet (out of the 5 total). Also realized that it's a series that never really has to "end" because all of the stuff they talk about is basically still going on today in the Mexican drug war. They even had to censor some names in the show to avoid potential lawsuits from a lot of these traffickers and corrupt politicians that are alive, incarcerated, or even worse, still in power. Just crazy stuff.

Seems like each season has been better than the last. It hasn't officially been renewed for another season yet.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#83 » by emunney » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:07 am

stellation wrote:

I liked Wild Wild Country, AND I like tigers HOWEVER I'm a staunch anti-monarchist.

You should check out my band, Jungle Cat Anarchy
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#84 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:27 am

Started this tonight. Oh my....everyone in this doc is batspit insane.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#85 » by Ill-yasova » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:47 am

HaroldinGMinor wrote:

I can’t turn it off. It’s insane and I may finish the whole damn thing in one night.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,622

Post#86 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:48 am

Finished Hunters, it had moments but also kinda corny. I guess I'd watch a second season, I like killing Nazi's.
#FreeChuckDiesel
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#87 » by drew881 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:25 am

Ill-yasova wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:

I can’t turn it off. It’s insane and I may finish the whole damn thing in one night.

He is a real-life gay Kenny Powers, both in the redneck sense and the delusional narcissism. In episode 5 or 6, I lost it uncontrollably laughing at the Chucky comment.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#88 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:45 pm

Must have a thing for sci-fi the last couple days. First watched the first two Alien movies. Now rewatching Sunshine. What an unbelievable masterpiece.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#89 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:53 pm

I had only seen Guardians and black panther of the marvel movies when they had come out so when I got Disney+ for the kids I jumped in and wanted to see the avenger movies. Watched the first couple then wanted to understand the universe more so went back and in the oddest order ever I've finally finished all the movies through End Game.

Overall I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, probably why these made a boat load of cash lol.

Some thoughts. Liked the captain America movies far more than I thought I would. Didn't really love the iron Man trilogy, thought 2 & 3 were some of the worst of the whole run. Thor and the ant man stuff was alright and generally entertaining, ragnok was really good. I've seen some slander on captain marvel but I thought it was pretty good. The avenger run was good, Ultron was the weakest but still enjoyable.

Going to check out the recent Spiderman next.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#90 » by Ill-yasova » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:23 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I had only seen Guardians and black panther of the marvel movies when they had come out so when I got Disney+ for the kids I jumped in and wanted to see the avenger movies. Watched the first couple then wanted to understand the universe more so went back and in the oddest order ever I've finally finished all the movies through End Game.

Overall I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, probably why these made a boat load of cash lol.

Some thoughts. Liked the captain America movies far more than I thought I would. Didn't really love the iron Man trilogy, thought 2 & 3 were some of the worst of the whole run. Thor and the ant man stuff was alright and generally entertaining, ragnok was really good. I've seen some slander on captain marvel but I thought it was pretty good. The avenger run was good, Ultron was the weakest but still enjoyable.

Going to check out the recent Spiderman next.

I highly recommend SpiderMan: Into the Spiderverse. I know it’s animated, but it might be my favorite of all of the Marvel movies next to The Winter Soldier.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,364

Post#91 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:46 pm

Into the Spider Verse is great and is probably the only Spiderman movie I've ever enjoyed. The ones with Toby Maguire, and both Amazing Spidermans are some of the worst comic book movies I've ever seen. Don't know why it's so difficult to make a good one, but maybe they should just stick to animated versions.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,089

Post#92 » by DingleJerry » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:39 pm

About 6 episodes into The Outsider now. Nothing spectacular so far I say you absolutely have to watch, but if you're into crime drama with some kind of twist (Stephen King book) you should like it perfectly fine. It's good, well done. I probably would've cast someone else for the lead detective, but overall it's good
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#93 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:20 am

Tiger king

If you pitched someone in Hollywood this idea you’d get laughed at for the most incredulous sci fi channel movie ever made. Crazy that not only all that **** happened but that it pretty much went down in real time as they were filming.

Spoiler:
Everyone in that doc are just vile wretched souls. Joe burnt down his own studio and killed his gators. While he was definitely not the only party involved, he wanted Carol dead.

Carol murdered her husband. While the meat grinder thing seems a bit crazy, she’s more than a bit crazy. Between this and the arson and the way they handled the murder for hire plot, it seems law enforcement in the state of Florida is damn near useless.

How in the world does jeff Lowe get any single human being to trust him. I mean, just look at the **** guy.
Do it for Chuck
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#94 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:58 pm

Finishing the last ep of Tiger King tonight (my wife falls asleep way too easily during this ****).

Craziest/most entertaining thing I've seen on Netflix or otherwise probably ever.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,089

Post#95 » by DingleJerry » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:13 pm

Man, that looked so stupid I had no plans to watch. But if you guys are buying into it I guess I'll put it on the list, heck I have plenty of time on my hands
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#96 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:18 pm

Re: Tiger King

My opinions:
Spoiler:
- Joe burnt his own place down
- Jeff setup Joe re: the plot to kill Carol
- Carol killed her husband
- Doc Antle is a cult leader
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#97 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:20 pm

DingleJerry wrote:Man, that looked so stupid I had no plans to watch. But if you guys are buying into it I guess I'll put it on the list, heck I have plenty of time on my hands

The people are stupid and insane. They have roughly six chromosomes between them. It will make you appreciate your sanity.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#98 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:31 pm

Really enjoying Dave. Lil Dicky's new show on FXX.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Post#99 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:21 am

HaroldinGMinor wrote:Re: Tiger King

My opinions:
Spoiler:
- Joe burnt his own place down
- Jeff setup Joe re: the plot to kill Carol
- Carol killed her husband
- Doc Antle is a cult leader
- Meth is a helluva drug

Added the most important one for you that everyone seems to be missing.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,723

Post#100 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:55 am

Re: Tiger King

I would point out that allowing a moron to have a full grown tiger is essentially like allowing them to have a mass killing machine like dynamite or an assault rifle. But of course Joe Exotic had those also. What a crazy country we live in. Sure, let the guy have a tiger.. does he need 200?

Also, am I crazy or is that terrible song he sings in his terrible video kind of catchy?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks