Re: ATL - RIP Jerry Sloan - Page 77 

Post#1621 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:49 pm

Lame. No need to apologize.
MAC1987
Starter
And1: 526

Post#1622 » by MAC1987 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:00 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Lame. No need to apologize.
Why do you think he shouldn't apologize?

Sent from my SM-T510 using RealGM mobile app
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,082

Post#1623 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:03 pm

MAC1987 wrote:

I'm not getting into this, with you especially. Move along.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,116

Post#1624 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:03 pm

There are a lot of stories wrapped up in this. Another one may be related to the fact pro sports is just in the second inning of what could be a major contraction of revenues. And with less revenues are less lucrative (and fewer) jobs for sports media. Woj starts at the top of the food chain all the way down to the WSSP morning guy. I'm guessing they are all on edge, as are workers in most industries.

https://www.si.com/nba/cavaliers/nba-amico/espn-statement-wojnarowski-email-hawley

An hour after Hawley's tweet, both ESPN and Wojnarowski released statements.

"This is completely unacceptable behavior and we do not condone it," ESPN said in a prepared statement. "It is inexcusable for anyone working for anyone working for ESPN to respond in the way Adrian did to Senator Hawley. We are addressing it directly with Adrian and specifics of those conversations will remain internal."

Wojnarowski tweeted an apology.

"I was disrespectful and I made a regrettable mistake," Wojnarowski wrote. "I'm sorry for the way I handled myself and I am reaching out to Senator Hawley to apologize directly. I also need to apologize to my ESPN colleagues because I know my actions were unacceptable and should not reflect on any of them."
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,712

Post#1625 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:07 pm

I personally love it, but not exactly a classy way to respond by Woj. Then again, politicians moonlighting as internet trolls is this weird Twilight Zone reality that I'm still struggling to comprehend. Act like a child on social media and you probably deserve childish retorts in response.

:dontknow:
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,672

Post#1626 » by BroncoBuck » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:38 pm

The Golden Eagles TBT team is fun to watch.
MAC1987
Starter

Post#1627 » by MAC1987 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:20 pm

What is wrong with asking what your opinion is? I have 0 clue why you said what you said. What have I said in the past that was so controversial that I'm clearly not welcome here?
ReasonablySober wrote:
MAC1987 wrote:

DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,173

Post#1628 » by DingleJerry » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:35 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:The Golden Eagles TBT team is fun to watch.

Even as a UW guy I've loved watching MU during the era most of these guys are from. Basically Crean through Buzz. Guard play, fast downhill and aggressive, and they played hard. I'm rooting for them. I'd guess you have to view Overseas Elite as the favorite with Joe Johnson, but I'd call MU number 2 and expect them to make the last game again. I checked one site today and didn't see odds for any TBT, someone has to be doing it though.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,773

Post#1629 » by emunney » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:41 pm

MAC1987 wrote:What is wrong with asking what your opinion is? I have 0 clue why you said what you said. What have I said in the past that was so controversial that I'm clearly not welcome here?
ReasonablySober wrote:
MAC1987 wrote:Why do you think he shouldn't apologize?

RS isn't going to respond to you, but I will. Woj shouldn't apologize because Hawley is acting in bad faith. Hawley is a U.S. Senator with the ear of the president. If he wants to address Hong Kong he has every opportunity to do so his damn self. NBA players are trying to address an issue of immediate importance to them, who the hell is he to tell them what they should be caring about? He absolutely needs to **** off and everybody should say so.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,004

Post#1630 » by Ryan5UW » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:49 pm

I guess “Woj bomb” has a new meaning now :dontknow:
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
MAC1987
Starter

Post#1631 » by MAC1987 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:54 pm

If anyone can point out specific posts that are bugging people please let me know. That way I can fully understand why my questions are controversial and deserves the responses I get. There's a private email where this can be done. In the meantime I'll not say anything further on Wi sports board.

I have largely stayed out of most of the discussions for awhile. From time to time I did comment but idk
emunney wrote:
MAC1987 wrote:What is wrong with asking what your opinion is? I have 0 clue why you said what you said. What have I said in the past that was so controversial that I'm clearly not welcome here?
ReasonablySober wrote:

RS isn't going to respond to you, but I will. Woj shouldn't apologize because Hawley is acting in bad faith. Hawley is a U.S. Senator with the ear of the president. If he wants to address Hong Kong he has every opportunity to do so his damn self. NBA players are trying to address an issue of immediate importance to them, who the hell is he to tell them what they should be caring about? He absolutely needs to **** off and everybody should say so.

SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,507

Post#1632 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:57 pm

Can we get back to talking about uncontroversial things like that upcoming Netflix show about Colin Kaeper- never mind.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,944

Post#1633 » by Perishable517 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:09 pm

Chuck, you are most definitely correct.
Chuck Diesel wrote:Exceptionally satisfying right now

Sent from my HTC U11 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1634 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:20 am

Stan Van Gundy is a boss.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,773

Post#1635 » by emunney » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:54 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Stan Van Gundy is a boss.

He needs to teach his brother how to enjoy the sport he announces
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,131

Post#1636 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:51 am

The only controversial posts I see are the ones with the reply ABOVE the quote. WTF is wrong with you people.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1637 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:12 pm

Joe Johnson dominating a TBT game at 39 (35 points, 7 boards & five assists) was a joy to watch and makes me really appreciate what Wizards MJ against NBA players for a full 82 game season. Was lucky enough to be at a few of those games in DC as a kid, remember being amazed by how frickin strong he still was. Most of his Wizards teammates couldn’t sniff an NBA roster today.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#1638 » by Licensed to Il » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:07 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Joe Johnson dominating a TBT game at 39 (35 points, 7 boards & five assists) was a joy to watch and makes me really appreciate what Wizards MJ against NBA players for a full 82 game season. Was lucky enough to be at a few of those games in DC as a kid, remember being amazed by how frickin strong he still was. Most of his Wizards teammates couldn’t sniff an NBA roster today.

Interesting point. I grew up in Chi during the dynasty, and by the time MJ was on the Wizards I refused to watch out of shame. In retrospect, MJ was still showing greatness, albeit in a much less dominant form.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1639 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:22 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

“Especially Ersan, I played with him on OKC. I played with him on the national team. Cedi and Furkan played with my brother on the national team. That's the thing that hurts me the most. They're just scared.”

Always been really curious about this dynamic with Kanter & Ilyasova. What Kanter revealed is what I suspected. Unfortunate.

Also politely asked Milwaukee media members for a comment on Ersan’s perspective multiple times through the years but it’s a topic that’s clearly been muzzled by Bucks PR.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,262

Post#1640 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:11 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

“Especially Ersan, I played with him on OKC. I played with him on the national team. Cedi and Furkan played with my brother on the national team. That's the thing that hurts me the most. They're just scared.”

Always been really curious about this dynamic with Kanter & Ilyasova. What Kanter revealed is what I suspected. Unfortunate.

Also politely asked Milwaukee media members for a comment on Ersan’s perspective multiple times through the years but it’s a topic that’s clearly been muzzled by Bucks PR.

I don't know if Bucks PR has muzzled it as much as Ersan isn't willing to speak about it. He's been on other teams and hasn't spoken out. It's a very unfortunate situation but I don't really blame Ersan. He can't publicly talk about it because if he supports Erdogan, his career is over and everybody will hate him. If he speaks out against Erdogan, Ersan won't ever be allowed back in his home country and his family will be endangered. Kanter is brave for speaking out but his family back in Turkey had to publicly disown him so they wouldn't be imprisoned. Kanter knows if he goes back to Turkey he'll be killed.
Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks