ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
BUCKnation
RealGM
Posts: 14,569
And1: 1,385
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
       

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#901 » by BUCKnation » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:11 am

humanrefutation wrote:
jute2003 wrote:
stellation wrote:1. What's the best thing you've had to drink or eat in the past week?
2. Anything you're looking forward to drinking or eating in the next week?
Had Ramen from a place downtown Madison called Morris Ramen. That place is always a winner. Also tried a new Mexican place in the next town over. It was pretty damn tasty.


Ugh, Morris was my favorite spot on earth until I found out that they cook all of their non-veggie broths using pork bones. I don't eat pork, so that killed it for me. Their veggie broth just doesn't cut it.

Yeah... pork broth is basically the standard for ramen.
User avatar
Pachinko_
RealGM
Posts: 13,083
And1: 12,612
Joined: Jun 13, 2016
Location: Greece/Australia
   

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#902 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:36 am

Jesus Christ of course it's pork broth, how else can you make ramen, everybody knows that.
(I didn't, thanks for the info LOL)
User avatar
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 27,205
And1: 9,870
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#903 » by humanrefutation » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:00 pm

BUCKnation wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
jute2003 wrote:Had Ramen from a place downtown Madison called Morris Ramen. That place is always a winner. Also tried a new Mexican place in the next town over. It was pretty damn tasty.


Ugh, Morris was my favorite spot on earth until I found out that they cook all of their non-veggie broths using pork bones. I don't eat pork, so that killed it for me. Their veggie broth just doesn't cut it.

Yeah... pork broth is basically the standard for ramen.


That's fine, I just wish they made that clear on the menu.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 49,912
And1: 20,631
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#904 » by emunney » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:52 pm

Ah but you did not say that you don't drink pork
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.

Run. Dunk. Repeat.
User avatar
Mags FTW
RealGM
Posts: 31,764
And1: 4,927
Joined: Feb 16, 2006
Location: Flickin' It

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#905 » by Mags FTW » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:15 pm

What are the "approved sites" you can use for avatar images?
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 77,937
And1: 17,977
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#906 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:16 pm

Mags FTW wrote:What are the "approved sites" you can use for avatar images?


Imgur.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
Mags FTW
RealGM
Posts: 31,764
And1: 4,927
Joined: Feb 16, 2006
Location: Flickin' It

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#907 » by Mags FTW » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:55 pm

Imgur isn't letting me make an account. Can someone please upload this for me?

Image
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 77,937
And1: 17,977
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#908 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:20 pm

Mags FTW wrote:Imgur isn't letting me make an account. Can someone please upload this for me?

Image


Here it is on Imgur.

Image

And here it is in avatar size:

Image
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
Mags FTW
RealGM
Posts: 31,764
And1: 4,927
Joined: Feb 16, 2006
Location: Flickin' It

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#909 » by Mags FTW » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:34 pm

Thanks, DB. 8-)
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 27,344
And1: 4,070
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#910 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:36 pm

Haha, I loved those glasses :P
User avatar
worthlessBucks
RealGM
Posts: 22,058
And1: 4,559
Joined: Jan 26, 2005
Location: Northwest side with Peter Feigin
   

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#911 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:12 am

Shades of the Macho Man.
“Words can not explain my gratitude for the Bucks organization and the faith in me as a leader and a worker. I won’t let you down Mil-town.” -- Larry Sanders
Bucksfan28
Head Coach
Posts: 6,068
And1: 2,725
Joined: Nov 15, 2009

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#912 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:01 pm

Going to La Merenda for the first time tomorrow and there's several intriguing options on the menu. Anyone been there and have suggestions?
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
User avatar
vital_signs
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,608
And1: 580
Joined: Feb 12, 2015
 

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#913 » by vital_signs » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:27 pm

Super demoralizing to leave the dentist with multiple cavities, especially when it's been 20ish years since you've had one and your hygiene has improved (or so you thought). Failing as an adult
Can't gamble feeding baby on that dope money, might not always be sufficient.
User avatar
StickeeFingaz
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,839
And1: 3,159
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#914 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:35 pm

vital_signs wrote:Super demoralizing to leave the dentist with multiple cavities, especially when it's been 20ish years since you've had one and your hygiene has improved (or so you thought). Failing as an adult


I feel you, I had a root canal on Monday and now I’m paranoid whenever I feel a tiny bit of discomfort. I don’t drink soda, don’t eat many sweets, and take pretty good care of my teeth.
User avatar
vital_signs
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,608
And1: 580
Joined: Feb 12, 2015
 

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#915 » by vital_signs » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:52 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
vital_signs wrote:Super demoralizing to leave the dentist with multiple cavities, especially when it's been 20ish years since you've had one and your hygiene has improved (or so you thought). Failing as an adult


I feel you, I had a root canal on Monday and now I’m paranoid whenever I feel a tiny bit of discomfort. I don’t drink soda, don’t eat many sweets, and take pretty good care of my teeth.
I can't lie, my mind went into skeptic mode like "you just trying to make some money off me during these tough times?" Then I remembered I have an HSA I never touch to offset what insurance won't cover which helps, but still bites.
Can't gamble feeding baby on that dope money, might not always be sufficient.
User avatar
stellation
RealGM
Posts: 13,319
And1: 5,898
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: *inaudible*

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#916 » by stellation » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:05 pm

vital_signs wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:
vital_signs wrote:Super demoralizing to leave the dentist with multiple cavities, especially when it's been 20ish years since you've had one and your hygiene has improved (or so you thought). Failing as an adult


I feel you, I had a root canal on Monday and now I’m paranoid whenever I feel a tiny bit of discomfort. I don’t drink soda, don’t eat many sweets, and take pretty good care of my teeth.
I can't lie, my mind went into skeptic mode like "you just trying to make some money off me during these tough times?" Then I remembered I have an HSA I never touch to offset what insurance won't cover which helps, but still bites.

Bites sweety sweets, apparently. :reporter:
User avatar
vital_signs
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,608
And1: 580
Joined: Feb 12, 2015
 

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#917 » by vital_signs » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:10 am

stellation wrote:
vital_signs wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:
I feel you, I had a root canal on Monday and now I’m paranoid whenever I feel a tiny bit of discomfort. I don’t drink soda, don’t eat many sweets, and take pretty good care of my teeth.
I can't lie, my mind went into skeptic mode like "you just trying to make some money off me during these tough times?" Then I remembered I have an HSA I never touch to offset what insurance won't cover which helps, but still bites.

Bites sweety sweets, apparently. :reporter:

Damn cherry strudels, my only true sweet weakness
Can't gamble feeding baby on that dope money, might not always be sufficient.
User avatar
stellation
RealGM
Posts: 13,319
And1: 5,898
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: *inaudible*

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#918 » by stellation » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:00 am

vital_signs wrote:
stellation wrote:
vital_signs wrote:I can't lie, my mind went into skeptic mode like "you just trying to make some money off me during these tough times?" Then I remembered I have an HSA I never touch to offset what insurance won't cover which helps, but still bites.

Bites sweety sweets, apparently. :reporter:

Damn cherry strudels, my only true sweet weakness

I hear you- a local German bakery does cherry danishes that I dream of.
User avatar
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 27,205
And1: 9,870
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#919 » by humanrefutation » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:43 am

I haven't had a cavity since I was in elementary school. But my dentist has been encouraging me to get a root canal and crown for the last three years, even as the xrays have shown nothing getting worse. Even if I try to get the root canal in December and the crown in January so I can use up my annual maximums on my dental insurance in both years, I'll still be out hundreds of dollars.

I honestly wonder sometimes how much of dentistry is just upselling unnecessary procedures.
User avatar
Nowak008
RealGM
Posts: 14,459
And1: 4,112
Joined: Jul 07, 2006
Location: Waiting for PP at The Hague
Contact:

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#920 » by Nowak008 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:47 am

humanrefutation wrote:I haven't had a cavity since I was in elementary school. But my dentist has been encouraging me to get a root canal and crown for the last three years, even as the xrays have shown nothing getting worse. Even if I try to get the root canal in December and the crown in January so I can use up my annual maximums on my dental insurance in both years, I'll still be out hundreds of dollars.

I honestly wonder sometimes how much of dentistry is just upselling unnecessary procedures.


I have thought the same thing. I had a similar experience. I had a dentist in Cudahy tell me that I need a crown, and since we had used up our insurance allotment - I was going to have to pay over $1,500 to get it done.

My wife and I were planning a trip to Belarus and I decided I would just do it over there and get like a 90% discount. When I got to the dentist, he did an exam on me. I didn't tell him I was interested in a crown because I wanted to see what he said. He didn't even mention the tooth in question. After he said everything was ok, I asked him about the tooth in question - he said it was fine. No big deal. I debated on if I should just tell him and get it done, but i was sorta sketched out on the dentist so I didn't do it.

A year later I went to a different dentist office, and right away she told me I needed to get a crown. I think dentists over here are just more aggressive with treatment. I ended up getting it done.
Image
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters


THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks


cron