OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1521 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:27 pm

I love the serious stuff on Le Batard, but my god I've been howling with laughter with the free version of their show too. The pod with Chris Long today just killed me.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1522 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:03 pm

Just got a juicer. Anyone have good combos or suggestions?
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,234

Post#1523 » by dbrodz7 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:30 pm

My wife gave birth to our first child yesterday afternoon, a daughter we named Hailey, so I am officially in the game as a parent!
Misery loves company
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1524 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:31 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:My wife gave birth to our first child yesterday afternoon, a daughter we named Hailey, so I am officially in the game as a parent!

Congrats!
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#1525 » by jschligs » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:32 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:My wife gave birth to our first child yesterday afternoon, a daughter we named Hailey, so I am officially in the game as a parent!

Welcome to the club! Been 2 months for us and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#1526 » by humanrefutation » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:38 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I love the serious stuff on Le Batard, but my god I've been howling with laughter with the free version of their show too. The pod with Chris Long today just killed me.

I enjoyed their local hour with Stu driving to work. I literally spit out my drink when he exclaimed "Look at that! Two Ruskis cutting it up!"
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,096

Post#1527 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:33 pm

Is sports betting ever going to be legal in WI? My card just got declined on the international site I’ve used for the last few years for no reason and instead of calling my bank and worrying about if my money could even be withdrawn if I did win it would just be **** nice if it was legal.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#1528 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:51 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Is sports betting ever going to be legal in WI? My card just got declined on the international site I’ve used for the last few years for no reason and instead of calling my bank and worrying about if my money could even be withdrawn if I did win it would just be **** nice if it was legal.

Not any time soon. No one at any level has pushed it.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#1529 » by StickeeFingaz » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:13 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:Is sports betting ever going to be legal in WI? My card just got declined on the international site I’ve used for the last few years for no reason and instead of calling my bank and worrying about if my money could even be withdrawn if I did win it would just be **** nice if it was legal.

Not any time soon. No one at any level has pushed it.

NO SPORTS GAMBLING but feel free to repeatedly drive drunk and get your slap on the wrist.
#FreeChuckDiesel
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#1530 » by stellation » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:12 pm

Well done, old chap!
#FreeChuckDiesel
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#1531 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:29 pm

Read on Twitter
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1532 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:58 pm

In November I **** up my foot bad and couldn't walk without crutches.

This morning I slipped on glare ice on stone steps and did this.

In related news I'm drinking three fingers of bourbon at 9:00 am.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,951

Post#1533 » by Jez2983 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:00 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:In November I **** up my foot bad and couldn't walk without crutches.

This morning I slipped on glare ice on stone steps and did this.

In related news I'm drinking three fingers of bourbon at 9:00 am.

As an Australian I feel like ice just completely sucks. Hopefully liquid anaesthetic does the trick!
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#1534 » by FrieAaron » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:16 pm

trwi7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lol. Took me a minute to figure out what was happening here.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#1535 » by Iheartfootball » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:57 am

So are WI sports fans the new Cleveland or are we just our own thing? I’m leaning ‘own thing’ because our teams are consistently good but very, very rarely great. Although, at least they went to the WS in 2016 and won the Finals in 2016. Last one for WI was Packers in 2010. Ugh, we are worse. I’m depressed.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1536 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:13 am

Iheartfootball wrote:So are WI sports fans the new Cleveland or are we just our own thing? I’m leaning ‘own thing’ because our teams are consistently good but very, very rarely great. Although, at least they went to the WS in 2016 and won the Finals in 2016. Last one for WI was Packers in 2010. Ugh, we are worse. I’m depressed.

You're off in a painful way. We've had hands down, no mistake about it great teams lately.

Badger basketball teams in the final four and championship game, Packers in four NFC Title games in the last seven years, Brewers in the NLCS, The Bucks having historically dominant regular season teams the last two seasons. They were great. What hurts is that none of them broke through to finish it off.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#1537 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:20 am

I never buy a product because of their ads but I don't buy a product because of their ads. Case in point, stupid Dr. Pepper duet ads
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#1538 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:27 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I never buy a product because of their ads but I don't buy a product because of their ads. Case in point, stupid Dr. Pepper duet ads

https://youtu.be/lixlouaRO20?t=172
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,954

Post#1539 » by BUCKnation » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:12 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:So are WI sports fans the new Cleveland or are we just our own thing? I’m leaning ‘own thing’ because our teams are consistently good but very, very rarely great. Although, at least they went to the WS in 2016 and won the Finals in 2016. Last one for WI was Packers in 2010. Ugh, we are worse. I’m depressed.

You're off in a painful way. We've had hands down, no mistake about it great teams lately.

Badger basketball teams in the final four and championship game, Packers in four NFC Title games in the last seven years, Brewers in the NLCS, The Bucks having historically dominant regular season teams the last two seasons. They were great. What hurts is that none of them broke through to finish it off.

Since the Packers SB in 2010-11, its been brutal. You'd think we'd fluke into one given the positions they were in and how good those teams were those years.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#1540 » by emunney » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:06 am

ReasonablySober wrote:

Still kind of bummed we got the best Badgers team ever in the strongest year for NCAA hoops for a decade in either direction (just guessing about the next few years). Incredible run though, and nobody thought that Kentucky team was going down.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks