ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 51,976
And1: 23,586
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1901 » by emunney » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:45 pm

Pfizer gang.
User avatar
vital_signs
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,721
And1: 631
Joined: Feb 12, 2015
 

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1902 » by vital_signs » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:36 pm

When did Carhartt beanies become a fashionable item? Growing up a girl wearing one meant she probably could change a tire faster than you and now sorority chicks rock them.
Can't gamble feeding baby on that dope money, might not always be sufficient.
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 25,671
And1: 6,822
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1903 » by crkone » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:38 pm

vital_signs wrote:When did Carhartt beanies become a fashionable item? Growing up a girl wearing one meant she probably could change a tire faster than you and now sorority chicks rock them.


A lot of women can change tires now? :dontknow:

Code: Select all

            ________
    o      |   __   |
      \_ O |  |__|  |
   ____/ \ |___WW___|
   __/   /     ||
               ||
               ||
_______________||________________
User avatar
Pachinko_
RealGM
Posts: 13,940
And1: 13,519
Joined: Jun 13, 2016
Location: Greece/Australia
   

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1904 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Apr 9, 2021 7:47 am

#FreeChuckDiesel
User avatar
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 18,210
And1: 9,500
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1905 » by Matches Malone » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:24 pm

RIP. You may have had a massive impact in the music industry, but I'll always remember watching Cradle 2 The Grave as a kid.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
jute2003
Analyst
Posts: 3,233
And1: 1,210
Joined: Feb 20, 2013
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1906 » by jute2003 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:47 pm

vital_signs wrote:When did Carhartt beanies become a fashionable item? Growing up a girl wearing one meant she probably could change a tire faster than you and now sorority chicks rock them.
Carhart has been fashionable for quite a while now. I dont know why. It is weird but whatever. I very rarely understand fashion.
only a fan, only an opinion
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 28,423
And1: 4,935
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1907 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:03 am

Will Zalatoris looks like a cartoon.

Image
Image
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 108,302
And1: 22,712
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1908 » by trwi7 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:09 am

MikeIsGood wrote:Will Zalatoris looks like a cartoon.

Image
Image


Johnny Bravo **** Jimmy Neutron.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."


I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
User avatar
MissKhriddleton
Starter
Posts: 2,343
And1: 1,484
Joined: Nov 03, 2015
 

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1909 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:33 am

As a Wisconsin resident is it possible for me to take one step into Illinois and make online bets on the Kentucky Derby? Or would I have to go to an actual sportsbook? And where is the closest sportsbook to the border?
User avatar
Pachinko_
RealGM
Posts: 13,940
And1: 13,519
Joined: Jun 13, 2016
Location: Greece/Australia
   

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1910 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:52 am

Man, I forgot how good a low carb nutrition feels for me. I did it for a couple of years, then stopped for stupid reasons, then I started again a week ago, and my body was quick to remind me in no uncertain terms that this is the kind of fuel it was designed to use. From digestion to the way I sleep to stamina levels, everything feels instantly better. Most importantly hunger became a different sensation, something I can ignore for a whole day if I have to as opposed to violent stomach growling and that terrible feeling of low energy. Very liberating to be able to forget about food for long stretches.
#FreeChuckDiesel
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 80,253
And1: 20,262
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1911 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:53 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Man, I forgot how good a low carb nutrition feels for me. I did it for a couple of years, then stopped for stupid reasons, then I started again a week ago, and my body was quick to remind me in no uncertain terms that this is the kind of fuel it was designed to use. From digestion to the way I sleep to stamina levels, everything feels instantly better. Most importantly hunger became a different sensation, something I can ignore for a whole day if I have to as opposed to violent stomach growling and that terrible feeling of low energy. Very liberating to be able to forget about food for long stretches.


What's a week's menu look like for you?
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
Pachinko_
RealGM
Posts: 13,940
And1: 13,519
Joined: Jun 13, 2016
Location: Greece/Australia
   

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1912 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:04 am

ReasonablySober wrote:What's a week's menu look like for you?

Oh I'm keeping it simple for now, just beef patties and sausages from the supermarket, ham and mushroom omelettes, nuts & cheese, greek yoghurt with blueberries, sardines from a can, tuna & mayo salads, parmezan crisps from Costco, basically anything I can grab easily or cook fast.

Later I might get into my almond flour pizzas, stir fries, and herman brot burgers again :D
#FreeChuckDiesel
jute2003
Analyst
Posts: 3,233
And1: 1,210
Joined: Feb 20, 2013
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1913 » by jute2003 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:29 pm

Going back to the ramen discussion a few of us had a while back... My wife and I tried Ramen Station on Park Street(Madison) for lunch. It was significantly cheaper than Morris Ramen. I got the spicy tonkotsu and my wife got the regular tonkotsu. We were both happy with our meals but it's definitely not as good as Morris. The noodles were where it came up short. They were more similar to instant ramen where as Morris and Umami taste fresh and homemade.

HR will be happy to know that they do have options that use chicken and soy based broths. I'm afraid it won't live up to Morris but it is still very good.
only a fan, only an opinion
jute2003
Analyst
Posts: 3,233
And1: 1,210
Joined: Feb 20, 2013
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1914 » by jute2003 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:30 pm

Also, we got our vaccines. I have never been more excited to get a shot and more relieved when it was done.
only a fan, only an opinion
User avatar
MissKhriddleton
Starter
Posts: 2,343
And1: 1,484
Joined: Nov 03, 2015
 

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1915 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:41 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:As a Wisconsin resident is it possible for me to take one step into Illinois and make online bets on the Kentucky Derby? Or would I have to go to an actual sportsbook? And where is the closest sportsbook to the border?

Also I need some Derby Day party ideas.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 70,141
And1: 22,539
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1916 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:17 pm

jute2003 wrote:Also, we got our vaccines. I have never been more excited to get a shot and more relieved when it was done.

Fantastic. J&J or another? I got my second Pfizer last week.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jute2003
Analyst
Posts: 3,233
And1: 1,210
Joined: Feb 20, 2013
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1917 » by jute2003 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:18 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
jute2003 wrote:Also, we got our vaccines. I have never been more excited to get a shot and more relieved when it was done.

Fantastic. J&J or another? I got my second Pfizer last week.
J&J. It just happened to be the one that was available. My wife has a pretty serious aversion to needles so it worked out well.

Did you have much for side effects?
only a fan, only an opinion
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 70,141
And1: 22,539
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1918 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:25 pm

jute2003 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
jute2003 wrote:Also, we got our vaccines. I have never been more excited to get a shot and more relieved when it was done.

Fantastic. J&J or another? I got my second Pfizer last week.
J&J. It just happened to be the one that was available. My wife has a pretty serious aversion to needles so it worked out well.

Did you have much for side effects?

Sore arm for a day both times, that's it
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 108,302
And1: 22,712
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1919 » by trwi7 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:31 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
jute2003 wrote:Also, we got our vaccines. I have never been more excited to get a shot and more relieved when it was done.

Fantastic. J&J or another? I got my second Pfizer last week.


We all know you've been a happy Pfizer customer for years.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."


I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
User avatar
MissKhriddleton
Starter
Posts: 2,343
And1: 1,484
Joined: Nov 03, 2015
 

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1920 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:36 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:As a Wisconsin resident is it possible for me to take one step into Illinois and make online bets on the Kentucky Derby? Or would I have to go to an actual sportsbook? And where is the closest sportsbook to the border?

Wait can I bet on the derby at Potowatomai?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks