Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,415

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1961 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:21 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Vegas is reopening to full capacity June 1. UFC 264 on July 10 in Vegas will be at T-Mobile in front of a full house. McGregor vs. Poirier headlines.

Honestly surprised they werent at full capacity. And IMO probably a place where COVID is the least of my concerns. With all the ventilation from smokers and recovering hungover pool side, I think the biggest risk would be the hotel rooms. I would be more concerned about the money I lost and the decisions made after X number of drinks.

I try hard not to drink while I gamble. Those free drinks can cost you a bundle.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,925

Post#1962 » by stellation » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:24 pm

It is an absolutely beautiful morning here, I made an outstanding cup of coffee this morning and I'm ready to conquer the world.
#FreeChuckDiesel
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,292

Post#1963 » by KidA24 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:56 pm

stellation wrote:It is an absolutely beautiful morning here, I made an outstanding cup of coffee this morning and I'm ready to conquer the world.

Well, it's been a half hour, you're in Australia, meaning you've most likely been killed by some sort of drop spider beararoo.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,016

Post#1964 » by humanrefutation » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:26 am

My second dose of Moderna is scheduled for next week. Unfortunately, I can't take the next day off because I've got so many deadlines that I can't afford it. I hope the immediate side effects aren't too debilitating.

But it'll all be worth it two weeks later when I can finally breathe a little easier about hanging out with others.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#1965 » by jute2003 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:31 am

humanrefutation wrote:My second dose of Moderna is scheduled for next week. Unfortunately, I can't take the next day off because I've got so many deadlines that I can't afford it. I hope the immediate side effects aren't too debilitating.

But it'll all be worth it two weeks later when I can finally breathe a little easier about hanging out with others.
Stay hydrated and get plenty of sleep. Hopefully you don't have any problems.
only a fan, only an opinion
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,954

Post#1966 » by Jez2983 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:51 am

Because we have basically no virus in Aus, they stopped the Astra roll out for under 50's over here. I guess the 1/200000 clot risk wasn't worth it considering we had no viral threat.

Hopefully they'll send their excess Astra to developing countries now, but I'm bummed I couldn't get my first shot yesterday :(
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
stellation
RealGM

Post#1967 » by stellation » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:18 am

KidA24 wrote:
stellation wrote:It is an absolutely beautiful morning here, I made an outstanding cup of coffee this morning and I'm ready to conquer the world.

Well, it's been a half hour, you're in Australia, meaning you've most likely been killed by some sort of drop spider beararoo.

:cuddle

I mean, I posted that then went happily off on a bushwalk for an hour or so immediately so there was a pretty good chance (although getting to be a little too cold for nope ropes, at least).
#FreeChuckDiesel
stellation
RealGM

Post#1968 » by stellation » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:24 am

Jez2983 wrote:Because we have basically no virus in Aus, they stopped the Astra roll out for under 50's over here. I guess the 1/200000 clot risk wasn't worth it considering we had no viral threat.

Hopefully they'll send their excess Astra to developing countries now, but I'm bummed I couldn't get my first shot yesterday :(

When the clot info started to come out I can only imagine the "**** **** **** ****" starting to come out of the war room for the team that thew 90% of our eggs in that basket.

I heard Norman Swan talking about it on the radio last night, he was asked why we weren't looking to locally produce the Pfizer vaccine and he said it would take 6 months to build out the capability as it requires a particular type of advanced lab- the interviewer then asked "well that's how long it sounds like it will be until we get a lot of it anyway, any idea why we don't hedge our bets and start building out the capability?" and he just paused and said "nobody knows..." (and he seems to have his finger on the pulse for this stuff).
#FreeChuckDiesel
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#1969 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:26 am

Jez2983 wrote:Because we have basically no virus in Aus, they stopped the Astra roll out for under 50's over here. I guess the 1/200000 clot risk wasn't worth it considering we had no viral threat.

I'm ****, I haven't seen my family in Greece in nearly 2 years and now they're saying we're years away from international travel.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#1970 » by crkone » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:13 pm

humanrefutation wrote:My second dose of Moderna is scheduled for next week. Unfortunately, I can't take the next day off because I've got so many deadlines that I can't afford it. I hope the immediate side effects aren't too debilitating.

Double up on the coffee just in case.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Milwaukee Bucks