OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#661 » by jute2003 » Sun Jul 5, 2020 1:18 pm

emunney wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Hospitals everywhere are going to see record burn injuries and finger amputations tonight. My neighborhood sounds like a war zone.

Chicago has been exploding continuously for more than 2 hours. It's insane, never experienced anything like it.
They were screwing around with the damn things in my little town until midnight. There was waaay more than I ever remember.

I get it for a weekend but I really hope the obnoxious **** that thinks it's cool to shoot them in mid july are Mia this year.
only a fan, only an opinion
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#662 » by vital_signs » Sun Jul 5, 2020 6:55 pm

I'll never understand the infatuation with fireworks, seems caveman-ish to me.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#663 » by Beorn » Mon Jul 6, 2020 9:28 am

Ennio Morricone died, in the ripe age of 91. His music invoked so much emotion for me during the years. His works will live forever.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,298

Post#664 » by KidA24 » Mon Jul 6, 2020 1:23 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
Ryan5UW wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:This will be arriving today. Any dissatisfaction or disappointment with this product will be directed toward you in a sternly worded PM.

If I am pleased, I will pat myself on the back for the great decision.

Any issues with it being “too big”? I’m trying to decide between an Anova and the Joule and like that the Joule seems smaller but I don’t know how I feel about it not having an on board display.

We have a built-in microwave/vent hood over our oven, and it's too tall to slide under the microwave. We need to keep it on the front burners if we put it there. But the water doesn't get hot enough that you can't just set it almost anywhere. I guess it also depends on the height of whatever pot you're cooking things in.

As for storage, it'll fit sideways in any drawer that's about 6" deep.

Be very careful with setting it on counter tops, especially for long cooks. Extended high temperatures have been known to warp/crack certain counter top types. Using hotpads beneath your pot/vessel will prevent this.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,056

Post#665 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jul 6, 2020 1:24 pm

Regarding training and being ready to fight, Masvidal said he wasn't in a full training camp, because he didn't know he'd be competing in a fight until this weekend. But "Gamebred" said he had been at his American Top Team gym two or three times a week and lifting and staying active. Masvidal said he weighed 192 pounds on Saturday. He'll have to weigh 170 pounds at maximum this coming Friday for the title fight to be official.

Weight, what?
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#666 » by jute2003 » Mon Jul 6, 2020 3:01 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Regarding training and being ready to fight, Masvidal said he wasn't in a full training camp, because he didn't know he'd be competing in a fight until this weekend. But "Gamebred" said he had been at his American Top Team gym two or three times a week and lifting and staying active. Masvidal said he weighed 192 pounds on Saturday. He'll have to weigh 170 pounds at maximum this coming Friday for the title fight to be official.

Weight, what?
I weigh about 192 and I am positive these guys are in better shape than I am at this point. I cant imagine trying to cut 22 pounds even if most of it is water weight.
only a fan, only an opinion
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,028

Post#667 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Jul 6, 2020 4:25 pm

jute2003 wrote:
emunney wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Hospitals everywhere are going to see record burn injuries and finger amputations tonight. My neighborhood sounds like a war zone.

Chicago has been exploding continuously for more than 2 hours. It's insane, never experienced anything like it.
They were screwing around with the damn things in my little town until midnight. There was waaay more than I ever remember.

I get it for a weekend but I really hope the obnoxious **** that thinks it's cool to shoot them in mid july are Mia this year.

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#668 » by jschligs » Mon Jul 6, 2020 8:42 pm

Company pulled in department/team leads today, asked us to scale back the % of people at work and have something together for our department due to the rise in % of positive cases. Not really surprised, we rushed back for no reason only to back pedal 2 weeks later.
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#669 » by vital_signs » Mon Jul 6, 2020 9:00 pm

jschligs wrote:Company pulled in department/team leads today, asked us to scale back the % of people at work and have something together for our department due to the rise in % of positive cases. Not really surprised, we rushed back for no reason only to back pedal 2 weeks later.

There's chatter around my department that we are looking through end of the year at this point. Not sure what will happen at January 1st to make it okay but I'll take it. I'm really just pulling for optional FT work from home.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,020

Post#670 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jul 7, 2020 12:43 am

jute2003 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Weight, what?
I weigh about 192 and I am positive these guys are in better shape than I am at this point. I cant imagine trying to cut 22 pounds even if most of it is water weight.

I've watched videos of guys pull off those kind of weight cuts. Just brutal.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Post#671 » by Lippo » Tue Jul 7, 2020 12:56 am

humanrefutation wrote:
jute2003 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Weight, what?

I've watched videos of guys pull off those kind of weight cuts. Just brutal.

Yeah, wrestling back in the day had to get from around 138-140 to 126, put on the suit on a bike 5-6 hours a day for 3 days....
Just like vision quest.. sucked ass...
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#672 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jul 7, 2020 3:12 am

I haven't traveled for work (and only one time personally, unique circumstances) in almost 5 months. Which is absolutely bizarre/insane given the pace I had been on the past three years. I'm not in sales so it's not deemed essential, which is great, but it's so weird. I don't know when I'll travel again :shrug:

ETA: And that's good. Glad my employer hasn't been stupid. Super flexible, very smart with (not) reopening.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,164

Post#673 » by DingleJerry » Tue Jul 7, 2020 2:31 pm

vital_signs wrote:I'll never understand the infatuation with fireworks, seems caveman-ish to me.

And it's literally lighting money on fire.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,427

Post#674 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jul 7, 2020 2:34 pm

I enjoy fireworks, both at home and the big displays. The cost is relatively small as entertainment goes for home fireworks. This is the first year in awhile I didn't buy any.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,056

Post#675 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 7, 2020 2:51 pm

We watched the fireworks from a pontoon on Lake Wissota. In every direction you looked, people were lighting off some really impressive stuff. Like they were trying to out-do each other. But it did make me think, wow this is some serious rich people ****. Thousands and thousands of dollars.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#676 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jul 7, 2020 4:37 pm

I don't mind watching a fireworks show from a distance.

I hate people setting off M-80s next door at 2am.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#677 » by crkone » Tue Jul 7, 2020 4:41 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I don't mind watching a fireworks show from a distance.

I hate people setting off M-80s next door at 2am.

That's been the life of people living in Milwaukee every night since Memorial Day.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#678 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jul 7, 2020 4:41 pm

Dane County just issued a mandatory mask order for people age 5 and over.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#679 » by jschligs » Tue Jul 7, 2020 4:59 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Dane County just issued a mandatory mask order for people age 5 and over.

I support this. I work around so many people that hate this and think this is all a bunch of hogwash. I can't wait to be back remote and be forced to wear a simple mask to places. Good thing is, I never go anywhere.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#680 » by tski1972 » Tue Jul 7, 2020 5:03 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:We watched the fireworks from a pontoon on Lake Wissota. In every direction you looked, people were lighting off some really impressive stuff. Like they were trying to out-do each other. But it did make me think, wow this is some serious rich people ****. Thousands and thousands of dollars.

http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes

Return to Milwaukee Bucks