ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,684

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#981 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:49 pm

I don't know why, but it hit me the other day that I've been posting here for 17 years now. That is half of my life. And that is wild.

Love this place and (most of) you all. What great (actually, mostly sub-mediocre) times.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,754

Post#982 » by emunney » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:43 pm

For the cat people. <ear worm alert>

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#983 » by ReginaldDwight » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:29 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I don't know why, but it hit me the other day that I've been posting here for 17 years now. That is half of my life. And that is wild.

Love this place and (most of) you all. What great (actually, mostly sub-mediocre) times.

Misery likes company I think lots of us either lurked or have been posting for similar long times. This board is legit the best board on the web.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,241

Post#984 » by dbrodz7 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:20 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I don't know why, but it hit me the other day that I've been posting here for 17 years now. That is half of my life. And that is wild.

I lurked for awhile before I joined. I remember being a freshman in college sitting in the student union and feeling compelled to make my first post after we hired John Hammond and we were finally going to turn it around with a competent front office executive. :lol:
Misery loves company
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,079

Post#985 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:21 pm

Yea I've been here over half my life.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,398

Post#986 » by trwi7 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:01 pm

I've been here 42.84181% of my life. You may think that number is made up but I assure you it is not.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#987 » by vital_signs » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:11 pm

WFH extended until July now, starting to think my office days are over. Kind of excited, kind of bummed that certain experiences ended so abrubtly. Love remote work but being downtown was fun as well.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,905

Post#988 » by jschligs » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:25 pm

Took me a while to find this board, then I lurked for years and finally joined. I hate it but I can’t stop coming back.

But honestly, I’ve tried numerous other “communities” and hated all of them.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,928

Post#989 » by stellation » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:54 pm

New episodes of Chef Show. So hard not to binge, but I gotta stretch my Roy Choi Joy (RCJ) out as long as I can.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#990 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:21 pm

stellation wrote:New episodes of Chef Show. So hard not to binge, but I gotta stretch my Roy Choi Joy (RCJ) out as long as I can.

I skipped ahead when I found them recreating the Holeman and Finch late night burger.
stellation
RealGM

Post#991 » by stellation » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:29 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
stellation wrote:New episodes of Chef Show. So hard not to binge, but I gotta stretch my Roy Choi Joy (RCJ) out as long as I can.

I skipped ahead when I found them recreating the Holeman and Finch late night burger.

I've just watched the first episode, there's no way I wouldn't become the size of a house if I lived anywhere near a Christina Tosi establishment.

I now need to make brownie in a pie case.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#992 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:31 pm

stellation wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I've just watched the first episode, there's no way I wouldn't become the size of a house if I lived anywhere near a Christina Tosi establishment.

I now need to make brownie in a pie case.

I'm sure I'm gonna binge it tonight after the Brewers play. I also just called my butcher and ordered what seems to be the secret of the burger: 1/2 and 1/2 ground chuck and brisket. I'm excite.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,070

Post#993 » by humanrefutation » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:32 pm

I've been here for 14 years - less than half my life, but not by much. I think the community has improved considerably over the years, largely as so many of us long timers have just grown up a bit. This place has largely been a source of comfort and camaraderie and guidance and learning - and a source of annoyance at times too. I feel like I know many of you guys - at least whatever you project online - even as I haven't met any of you in person as far as I know. And I value you all.

It's just too bad that growth has coincided with the disintegration of the world around us.
stellation
RealGM

Post#994 » by stellation » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:32 am

My son and I are watching our first ice hockey game. It's a little confusing, but I appreciate likely nowhere near as confusing as folks watching Aussie Rules footy for the first time.
#FreeChuckDiesel
trwi7
RealGM

Post#995 » by trwi7 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:37 am

stellation wrote:My son and I are watching our first ice hockey game. It's a little confusing, but I appreciate likely nowhere near as confusing as folks watching Aussie Rules footy for the first time.

I picked up Aussie Rules pretty quickly. Just watched and whenever I got confused I just googled what happened and got an answer.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

stellation
RealGM

Post#996 » by stellation » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:45 am

trwi7 wrote:
stellation wrote:My son and I are watching our first ice hockey game. It's a little confusing, but I appreciate likely nowhere near as confusing as folks watching Aussie Rules footy for the first time.

I picked up Aussie Rules pretty quickly. Just watched and whenever I got confused I just googled what happened and got an answer.

Just did that with icing!

I can see a bit of a relationship between ice hockey and footy- only about 10 minutes into this game and I'd say both have manic action and a huge reliance on team structure.
#FreeChuckDiesel
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,329

Post#997 » by jute2003 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:57 am

I've been on the site for 7.5ish years. It is by far the best forum I've read. It still kinda sucks but it is what it is.

I only ever read brewerfan but it is a tedious experience at best. I posted on buckyville a little tiny bit but there is an arrogance there that is just not worth the hassle...
only a fan, only an opinion
stellation
RealGM

Post#998 » by stellation » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:03 am

Not to get too political, but we're trying to work out who to cheer for in this ice hockey game by determining which team's owner has the closer ties to a certain human cheeto. It looks like they're both property developers. It's not great.
#FreeChuckDiesel
trwi7
RealGM

Post#999 » by trwi7 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:13 am

stellation wrote:Not to get too political, but we're trying to work out who to cheer for in this ice hockey game by determining which team's owner has the closer ties to a certain human cheeto. It looks like they're both property developers. It's not great.

I can give you reasons to cheer for the Lightning if you want.

stellation
RealGM

Post#1000 » by stellation » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:19 am

trwi7 wrote:
stellation wrote:Not to get too political, but we're trying to work out who to cheer for in this ice hockey game by determining which team's owner has the closer ties to a certain human cheeto. It looks like they're both property developers. It's not great.

I can give you reasons to cheer for the Lightning if you want.

Shoot!
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks