ImageImage

NBA - The Re-Open: - Woj, Bucks close facility, page 68

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 66,300
And1: 19,296
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1241 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:45 pm

Good let the media drool over all the other teams. ,
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 16,354
And1: 9,918
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1242 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
User avatar
StickeeFingaz
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,246
And1: 2,818
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
     

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1243 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:05 pm

Little bit of a misleading headline. Rudy Gobert can’t smell things from afar.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 49,370
And1: 19,942
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1244 » by emunney » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:09 pm

Hopefully other teams are overlooking us too.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.

Run. Dunk. Repeat.
User avatar
MoreTrife
Analyst
Posts: 3,704
And1: 990
Joined: Jun 14, 2014
     

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1245 » by MoreTrife » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:24 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Little bit of a misleading headline. Rudy Gobert can’t smell things from afar.


What's new
DingleJerry
General Manager
Posts: 8,614
And1: 3,545
Joined: Jul 09, 2015
       

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1246 » by DingleJerry » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:22 pm

CBS power rankings today mentioned Lou Williams is contemplating sitting out. I don't recall having seen that before but seems a big loss. Of course that makes LAL path easier but from the Bucks perspective I guess having both LA teams down a player helps. And neither is the 'star' so the narrative stuff isn't a big deal. That said, I'd still guess Williams plays. the pressure to play on a true title contender will be too much. But, I also don't know his reasonings or anything, like if there is a specific family reason of some kind.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 49,370
And1: 19,942
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1247 » by emunney » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:07 pm

DingleJerry wrote:CBS power rankings today mentioned Lou Williams is contemplating sitting out. I don't recall having seen that before but seems a big loss. Of course that makes LAL path easier but from the Bucks perspective I guess having both LA teams down a player helps. And neither is the 'star' so the narrative stuff isn't a big deal. That said, I'd still guess Williams plays. the pressure to play on a true title contender will be too much. But, I also don't know his reasonings or anything, like if there is a specific family reason of some kind.


I think 6/24 was the opt-out deadline?
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.

Run. Dunk. Repeat.
User avatar
StickeeFingaz
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,246
And1: 2,818
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
     

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1248 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:09 pm

emunney wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:CBS power rankings today mentioned Lou Williams is contemplating sitting out. I don't recall having seen that before but seems a big loss. Of course that makes LAL path easier but from the Bucks perspective I guess having both LA teams down a player helps. And neither is the 'star' so the narrative stuff isn't a big deal. That said, I'd still guess Williams plays. the pressure to play on a true title contender will be too much. But, I also don't know his reasonings or anything, like if there is a specific family reason of some kind.


I think 6/24 was the opt-out deadline?


Woj said teams were treating 6/24 as a soft deadline. I believe hard deadline is 7/1 when official rosters are due.
safi
RealGM
Posts: 13,559
And1: 1,287
Joined: Apr 29, 2003

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1249 » by safi » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:11 pm

Williams had previously said he was 50-50 on returning so I assume CBS is operating off that information.

I think the 6/24 deadline is mostly so that teams can sign players to fill roster spots for those opting out. And if Williams was opting out, I imagine the Clippers would probably give Jamal Crawford a call
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 16,354
And1: 9,918
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1250 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:12 pm

I’m sure Woj will clarify the next player is opting out “To focus on building birdhouses with his nieces and nephews” or something. Definitely not because of the pandemic.
User avatar
Bucknado
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,375
And1: 993
Joined: Jul 12, 2013
 

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1251 » by Bucknado » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:03 am

DAJJ tests positive. Do we have a list of all the positive players who aren’t coming back this year?
User avatar
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
Posts: 55,974
And1: 15,487
Joined: Oct 27, 2002
     

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1252 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:05 am

Bucknado wrote:DAJJ tests positive. Do we have a list of all the positive players who aren’t coming back this year?


Every player whose team is not a contender and who has at least $25 million in the bank right now from prior earnings.

There, that’s your list. 8-)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
User avatar
BucksFanSD
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,769
And1: 530
Joined: Jun 28, 2012

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1253 » by BucksFanSD » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:33 am

Ariza, Bertans, WCS, Bradley, D. Jordan, & Wilson Chandler.
brettski
Starter
Posts: 2,039
And1: 703
Joined: Aug 11, 2010
Location: Brisvegas

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1254 » by brettski » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:46 am

Looks like Dinwiddie will be added to the list very soon.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....


http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753
midranger
RealGM
Posts: 34,228
And1: 5,512
Joined: May 12, 2002

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1255 » by midranger » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:32 am

I couldn't laugh hard enough if Zion pulled out.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 16,354
And1: 9,918
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1256 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:36 am

Always appreciate the players who choose to effectively communicate their own message.


Read on Twitter
midranger
RealGM
Posts: 34,228
And1: 5,512
Joined: May 12, 2002

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1257 » by midranger » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:29 am

My guess is there is a pay difference if they "opt out" as a healthy scratch vs too sick to play with illness.
User avatar
ElPeregrino
Head Coach
Posts: 6,846
And1: 3,725
Joined: Feb 21, 2013

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1258 » by ElPeregrino » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:14 am

midranger wrote:My guess is there is a pay difference if they "opt out" as a healthy scratch vs too sick to play with illness.

There is. Opting out when healthy results in forfeiture of 1.08% of a player's annual salary for each game missed. Players who are too sick/injured to play receive their full salary for the games they have to miss.
Read on Twitter
?lang=en
User avatar
steger_3434
RealGM
Posts: 15,781
And1: 3,328
Joined: Mar 05, 2005
Location: Getting Rowdy in Section 212 with Squad 6
       

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1259 » by steger_3434 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:56 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
midranger wrote:My guess is there is a pay difference if they "opt out" as a healthy scratch vs too sick to play with illness.

There is. Opting out when healthy results in forfeiture of 1.08% of a player's annual salary for each game missed. Players who are too sick/injured to play receive their full salary for the games they have to miss.

They only lose 1% of their salary if they are a healthy scratch? Seems like that’s an incentive not to play. If my company said sit at home and enjoy your time off and it only costs me 1%? I’m doing it in a second


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
User avatar
ElPeregrino
Head Coach
Posts: 6,846
And1: 3,725
Joined: Feb 21, 2013

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1260 » by ElPeregrino » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:16 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:
midranger wrote:My guess is there is a pay difference if they "opt out" as a healthy scratch vs too sick to play with illness.

There is. Opting out when healthy results in forfeiture of 1.08% of a player's annual salary for each game missed. Players who are too sick/injured to play receive their full salary for the games they have to miss.

They only lose 1% of their salary if they are a healthy scratch? Seems like that’s an incentive not to play. If my company said sit at home and enjoy your time off and it only costs me 1%? I’m doing it in a second


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

1% for each game missed. Opting out of the entire season means losing between 9-15% depending on how far their team goes in the playoffs.




Read on Twitter
?lang=en

Return to Milwaukee Bucks