RealGM
And1: 3,903

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Bled positive, asymptomatic 

Post#1841 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:50 pm

Vol wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

It’s official, Wesley is now the Dread Pirate Roberts and “He Is Here For Your Souls!”

Oh god, Wesley about to shoot 30 percent now!

FMVP in October.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#1842 » by H2tObes » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:06 am

Big hair decreases shooting percentages
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#1843 » by M-C-G » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:50 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Eh, the real asterisk is winning a championship without any kind of home court advantage. Not sure what % of winners didn’t have at least conference home court

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Home court advantage only comes into play if the series goes seven games, which is fairly uncommon. The Bucks have only had four series go to Game 7 in the past 32 seasons. If there is a Game 7 and we lose a close one, there will be the "what if" questions but I don't see it warranting an asterisk. The NCAA tournament and the Super Bowl are played on neutral sites with no issue. It's not an injustice.

Respectfully you haven’t thought this thru. Getting the first two games at home and going 2-0 in a series has a HUGE boost to winning a series.

I’d have to dig up the numbers and don’t have time now, but as I recall it is pretty staggering the % of series won.

M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1844 » by M-C-G » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:51 am

H2tObes wrote:Big hair decreases shooting percentages

True, for Brook it is neck hair though

M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1845 » by M-C-G » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:53 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Tired of the whole FF is too quiet thing. Yeah it's not as loud as the BC. Mostly because of how it's built. FF is very open. The BC was a cement box and the sound bounced around in there.

Yeah people that complain should preface it with the games they attended because I really feel like the sound in the arena is different than what you hear on TV.

The other argument is people aren’t in their seats to start the second half. And any guy that has tried to piss at half time will tell you the bathroom set up is awful and the lines are massive because of it.

KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,268

Post#1846 » by KidA24 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:01 am

ElPeregrino wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Eh, the real asterisk is winning a championship without any kind of home court advantage. Not sure what % of winners didn’t have at least conference home court

Home court advantage only comes into play if the series goes seven games, which is fairly uncommon. The Bucks have only had four series go to Game 7 in the past 32 seasons. If there is a Game 7 and we lose a close one, there will be the "what if" questions but I don't see it warranting an asterisk. The NCAA tournament and the Super Bowl are played on neutral sites with no issue. It's not an injustice.

32 years. So, since 87-88.

21 playoff series. 4 game 7's. Also, the first round was only 5 games then, they played 3 game 5's. So literally, 1/3 of the series.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 678

Post#1847 » by ejn1214 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:09 am

MAC1987 wrote:From my personal experience, I went to game 2 against the Raptors and maybe I cheered to much, but I felt like the only one sometimes.

I always go with a friend that lives DT MKE and he said b4 when they sucked more young people went because it was cheap. Now it is more expensive and its quieter likely with the older crowd.

Not saying this is everyone else's experience.
ReasonablySober wrote:The Forum bitching has been lame forever. It's plenty loud.

Sent from my SM-T510 using RealGM mobile app

The building is irrelevant. The crowd has changed. When we were limping in the playoffs and those regular season crowds were sparce, the playoffs were still crazy. I remember the game where giannis speared dunleavy and that crowd was wild before we got blown out halfway through the first quarter. Last year I went to most of the playoff games and I was disappointed.

I told my wife the crowd was gonna be crazy, and remembered the energy in the bc playoff games, and it felt more like high profile regular season games. Alot of regular people are priced out. Paying $150 - $200 for the worst seats is brutal. A lot of rich/bandwagon fans in the stands. A normal college kid or guy right out of college is gonna struggle paying for those games. I'm guessing there was better energy outside ff on the big screen.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#1848 » by skones » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:40 pm

M-C-G wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Tired of the whole FF is too quiet thing. Yeah it's not as loud as the BC. Mostly because of how it's built. FF is very open. The BC was a cement box and the sound bounced around in there.

Yeah people that complain should preface it with the games they attended because I really feel like the sound in the arena is different than what you hear on TV.

The other argument is people aren’t in their seats to start the second half. And any guy that has tried to piss at half time will tell you the bathroom set up is awful and the lines are massive because of it.

The fact that there's so little to complain about that the arena noise is one of them is a win in and of itself. 6 years ago this time/spring time, Jeff Adrian made us 4.4 points better per 100 possessions.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,410

Post#1849 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:44 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

It’s official, Wesley is now the Dread Pirate Roberts and “He Is Here For Your Souls!”

He looks like he would get an early release from prison if he can convince Jesus Shuttlesworth to go to Big State.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,256

Post#1850 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:55 pm

M-C-G wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:

Respectfully you haven’t thought this thru. Getting the first two games at home and going 2-0 in a series has a HUGE boost to winning a series.

I’d have to dig up the numbers and don’t have time now, but as I recall it is pretty staggering the % of series won.

When the home team wins game 1, they win the series 86% of the time. When they go up 2-0, they win the series 94% of the time. When they go up 3-0, they win the series 100% of the time. That's the nature of a best-of-seven series. You wouldn't expect an inferior team to be able to win four games before the superior team wins two.
Read on Twitter
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#1851 » by soxperry » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:10 pm

Fiserv is fine. The experience suffers from the same set of corporate entertainment/advertising **** that is present in every other NBA arena, and the Clutch Crew needs to go, but everything else is great imo

as far as the fans not getting back to their seats in time for the 2nd half. i'm guessing that is because we are seeing more casual fans that are just there for the experience and the social media photo ops and they are wandering around the concourse getting food and buying things. i think there is probably a big chunk of people who would be really into the game that just can't afford to go as much anymore.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager

Post#1852 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:22 pm

KidA24 wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:

32 years. So, since 87-88.

21 playoff series. 4 game 7's. Also, the first round was only 5 games then, they played 3 game 5's. So literally, 1/3 of the series.

Home court advantage is more important in best-of-five series because winner-take-all Game 5s are more common than winner-take-all Game 7s. Since the NBA adopted the 16-team playoff in 1984, 86 out of 388 best-of-seven series have gone to Game 7 (22%). I feel like what I said was accurate. It's "fairly uncommon" for a series to go to seven games.

Read on Twitter
KendallMarshall
Sophomore
And1: 102

Post#1853 » by KendallMarshall » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:56 pm

M-C-G wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:

Tell that to last year's Bucks :-(
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#1854 » by skbucks1985 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:14 pm

ElPeregrino wrote:

I'd argue those are injustices. Less so with college sports because schedules are so imbalanced and how teams compare is so subjective that having a committee determine who gets in and doesn't among the fringe teams and give teams favorable or unfavorable regions and matchups is acceptable, but determining who gets home field especially among the top teams is a bridge too far.

But 13-3 San Francisco playing 12-4 Kansas City in Miami is completely ridiculous and home field in the World Series being decided by a lot of players that won't sniff the World Series is even more ridiculous.

I realize I'm being pedantic and it really only furthers the absurdity of the asterisk talk because the NBA and NHL are the only major American sports that decide home court in the championship games based on the competitive accomplishments of the teams participating.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#1855 » by trwi7 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:05 pm

safi wrote:home field in the World Series being decided by a lot of players that won't sniff the World Series is even more ridiculous.

Luckily they don't do that anymore.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,974

Post#1856 » by drew881 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:19 pm

What are the rules on signing replacement players? Do they have to be in the G-league?
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1857 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:41 pm

drew881 wrote:What are the rules on signing replacement players? Do they have to be in the G-league?

They just can’t have finished their season on an overseas team. Vets who were chilling (Tyler Zeller, Jamal Crawford) or G-League guys.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,974

Post#1858 » by drew881 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:32 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
drew881 wrote:What are the rules on signing replacement players? Do they have to be in the G-league?

They just can’t have finished their season on an overseas team. Vets who were chilling (Tyler Zeller, Jamal Crawford) or G-League guys.

So we can sign Ray Allen :)?
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#1859 » by M-C-G » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:54 pm

ElPeregrino wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:Home court advantage only comes into play if the series goes seven games, which is fairly uncommon. The Bucks have only had four series go to Game 7 in the past 32 seasons. If there is a Game 7 and we lose a close one, there will be the "what if" questions but I don't see it warranting an asterisk. The NCAA tournament and the Super Bowl are played on neutral sites with no issue. It's not an injustice.

When the home team wins game 1, they win the series 86% of the time. When they go up 2-0, they win the series 94% of the time. When they go up 3-0, they win the series 100% of the time. That's the nature of a best-of-seven series. You wouldn't expect an inferior team to be able to win four games before the superior team wins two.

Does a home team have a higher or lower winning percentage? Again, you’ve underestimated HCA by not thinking it all the way through in my opinion.

FlagsFlyForever
General Manager

Post#1860 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:21 pm

M-C-G wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Does a home team have a higher or lower winning percentage? Again, you’ve underestimated HCA by not thinking it all the way through in my opinion.

I'd like to address your point but I don't understand your question. Does a home team have a higher or lower winning percentage than what?

Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks