ImageImage

PG Miami - This Buds For You

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

James1980
Veteran
And1: 381

Re: PG Miami - This Buds For You 

Post#401 » by James1980 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:26 am

Saw an article that Portland was interested in Middleton, trade hime for CJ McCollum?
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
BucksRule18
Senior
And1: 360

Post#402 » by BucksRule18 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:26 am

The biggest problem with this early loss is that the Bucks will likely not get any discounts from veterans chasing a ring. The team's stock has dropped tremendously after a second round exit. Maybe it's for the better because I'd much rather see Giannis surrounded by younger talent than aging veterans on minimum salaries whom haven't made this team better over the past 2 years.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,042

Post#403 » by Magic Giannison » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:27 am

Prez wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:
Prez wrote:You are once again completely missing the point.

You'r point is comparing players that are totally different situations that aren't comparable ??? What your point then.

We get it Giannis is flawed but despite that he is playing better than last year and yet our team overall performs worse.

Giannis is putting 29/15/6 and we still getting swept, if that isnt enough then im not sure any player with our current roster can do anything.

Put any of the 4 players you mentioned on this team with same exact coaching and tell me if they win vs Miami....

Giannis is averaging 22.7 ppg on 45/15/54 shooting this series, he's barely cracking 50% TS. Yes, those other guys are doing significantly better than that and they're not getting swept.

They actually did, Durant when they blew 3- 1 to Warriors didn't shoot well and played much worse defense and passing than Giannis while having an MVP next to him.

Kawhi was never remotely close to situation Giannis was because he was playing with All time players.

Lebron 2007 swept by spurs.

Tell me how good was Lebrons shooting in 2008 when they went vs Celtics Image

Maybe 2009 when they lost to Magic?

You already know 2011 obviously.

All the above eliminations series he shot twice above 50%.... But hey, as long he scores a lot on huge volume it doesnt matter right?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#404 » by trwi7 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:33 am

James1980 wrote:Saw an article that Portland was interested in Middleton, trade hime for CJ McCollum?

https://youtu.be/GWj0xWVPn4s?t=259
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,373

Post#405 » by MHeat0279 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:35 am

Guys no trolling here, i am sorry for what you are going through, i myself have felt the pain back in the 90's with those knicks vs Heat claasic battles. Keep your heads up, things usually improve with time. Nothing against your team, but in a series there is always a winner and a loser. Just regroup, make whatever change needs to be made and keep on supporting your team. Good luck
talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#406 » by talbert » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:47 am

PintSizedBox10 wrote:
talbert wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:Do we really need to reduce basketball to this though?
I was already bored of this in 1987 when Nick Galis won us a Eurobasket pretty much singlehandedly.

Haha I mean, YEAH!

This team was deflated because none of them knew how to get a bucket when it counted. Jamal Murray took over when it counted. Giannis can't do that because he doesn't have enough basketball moved in his arsenal. Giannis needs some damn post moves!
Why pay Midds then?

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

Because you need 5 players on the court and why not get the best you possibly can. There was no other better option that wanted to come play in Milwaukee. But this isn't the point.

... Giannis can't get a shot over a defender. I mean Jesus Christ, get with RoLo, and work on a hook shot. :banghead:
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#407 » by neiLz » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:52 am

Giannis is my fav Bucks player of all time. I spent the last 25 years waiting for the bucks to get that superstar. They got the back to back mvp and **** the bed the past 2 seasons. Top to bottom everyone is to blame.

My biggest fear this post season was giannis not having a side kick. Well midds and Lopez came to play. Giannis hasn't answered the bell. Bud hasnt answered the bell.

Blow it up.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#408 » by buckboy » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:52 am

Max Green wrote:Would rather have Butler then Middleton without hesitation.

Lol. Max is back. What a shocker.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#409 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Sep 5, 2020 4:59 am

talbert wrote:
PintSizedBox10 wrote:
talbert wrote:
Haha I mean, YEAH!

This team was deflated because none of them knew how to get a bucket when it counted. Jamal Murray took over when it counted. Giannis can't do that because he doesn't have enough basketball moved in his arsenal. Giannis needs some damn post moves!
Why pay Midds then?

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

Because you need 5 players on the court and why not get the best you possibly can. There was no other better option that wanted to come play in Milwaukee. But this isn't the point.

... Giannis can't get a shot over a defender. I mean Jesus Christ, get with RoLo, and work on a hook shot. :banghead:

no big does post moves anymore. You're more likely to see a random one by someone like Luka than a big trying to be Hakeem.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,024

Post#410 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:02 am

Giannis even at this level play is our best shot at a championship. Number one priority is keeping him. Once he is gone, our window at a championship is closed for at least five years.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#411 » by trwi7 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:02 am

buckboy wrote:
Max Green wrote:Would rather have Butler then Middleton without hesitation.

Lol. Max is back. What a shocker.

All we need is europa hyping T.J. Ford and CBQ hyping that sweet cash we got for Villanueva and it'd be just like old times.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,613

Post#412 » by blazza18 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:04 am

Historic performance.

Read on Twitter
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#413 » by mattg » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:12 am

What's there to say? Yeah our roster construction is sorta crap. Our coaching looks like junk on both ends. And our best player and league MVP has been total garbage. In an already tough match up I'm honestly shocked Miami hasn't blown us out harder. They literally get whatever they want offensively while even when we are winning we are scraping like nails on chalkboard to get poor looks. It always feels inevitable that we will lose given our complete lack of feel. Watching how we play is honestly painful.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,887

Post#414 » by Plossum » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:15 am

Lol we’re officially worse than the Josh Smith/Corey Brewer comeback.
#LockUpChuck
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,291

Post#415 » by fan230 » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:44 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Giannis even at this level play is our best shot at a championship. Number one priority is keeping him. Once he is gone, our window at a championship is closed for at least five years.

Five years? More like fifteen years if not fifty years.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#416 » by DanoMac » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:46 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Giannis even at this level play is our best shot at a championship. Number one priority is keeping him. Once he is gone, our window at a championship is closed for at least five years.

I’m as upset and heartbroken as everybody else here, but yea, the “trade Giannis” takes need to stop.

He ain’t going anywhere. It’s not like he’s putting up 45 & 20 games and we’re losing. He’s not himself.

Wonder if he never really recovered from that pre COVID knee injury
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,396

Post#417 » by Revived » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:50 am

Brewhoopfan wrote:My basketball team in 7th grade had a more complicated offense than Bud's, and our coach sucked. It's demoralizing as a player to know your coach has no adjustments. It's demoralizing when the coach keeps telling you to do the same crap over and over that isn't working.

George Hill was asked if they need some big adjustments or just do what they're doing better. His answer was "Big adjustments, they've beaten us 3 games in a row." It's getting hard for players to hide their frustration.

The Bucks are in a tough spot. I can't imagine Giannis wanting Bud gone. He didn't even want Kidd gone :o

George Hill said he didn’t even want to be here and hates having to play basketball now so he’s probably not the best one to ask about adjustments or the game period.
Revived
RealGM

Post#418 » by Revived » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:54 am

DingleJerry wrote:
tydett wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
I've been trying to think of a destination for both of them forever and I can't. They have weird salary slots and you have to combine both of them to match salary in a realistic deal. I just can't see anyone wanting both of them, so it would be a multi-team deal. I could talk myself into the Bulls making sense.

If CP3 is out of reach, how about CPE? That's Chris Paul (East), aka Kyle Lowry. The Raptors might have to do a quick rebuild. Gasol is basically done while Ibaka and FVV will get way overpaid, if they can even keep them. Could see them doing a soft reset if their series continues to go the way it has.

Realistically has to be a three-team. Maybe something like http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yxunjjc9 even though the Bucks are giving up the two best players in the trade.

See, talking to a brick wall with guys that are here only as giannis fan, not bucks fans.

To this. Just kicking around what about something like Beal to Portland, McCollum to us, Bled/Brook to WAS and they get paid in picks and some kind of other young assets that can be thrown in, idk some combo of guys like DDV/Trent/Collins. We'd probably have to give DDV and a 1st or two. WAS probably isn't getting enough but if Beal asks for it it's not too bad, get two smaller shorter contracts back and then young stuff, then tank.

Would having Beal instead of McCollum solve any of Portland’s defensive problems?
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#419 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat Sep 5, 2020 5:57 am

If Giannis is hurting, it didn't seem to hinder his movement. He suffered from poor decision making and a lack of effort at times but he still did some of his Amazing Giannis Things at the rim that no other player in the league can physically do. Then he did some of his Stupid Giannis Things like go 0/7 from three when the Heat were begging him to take the wide open shots.
Read on Twitter
Revived
RealGM

Post#420 » by Revived » Sat Sep 5, 2020 6:01 am

James1980 wrote:Saw an article that Portland was interested in Middleton, trade hime for CJ McCollum?

I think TJ Warren would be the better trade target. He has experience playing with Bledsoe too so could help with team chemistry as well.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks