ImageImage

Bud Replacement Candidates

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Updated List (Donovan, Craig, Internal added)

Becky Hammon (SAS asst)
No votes
Kenny Atkinson
6%
Mike D'Antoni
9%
Billy Donovan
11%
Jerry Stackhouse
11%
Chris Finch (NOP asst)
6%
Dan Craig (MIA asst)
No votes
Internal Promotion (Darvin Ham or Charles Lee)
6%
Retain Bud & Pray He Improves (or brings in someone to run the offense)
49%
Other (Specify, lots of worthy candidates)
3%

Total votes: 35

coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Re: Bud Replacement Candidates 

Post#101 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Sep 6, 2020 12:43 am

No coach would turn these players into a team with solid basketball smarts. I'm not exactly defending Bud, but I am saying that people putting so much blame on him are implicitly defending the players too much. They weren't supposed to turn into pumpkins at midnight. STOP BEING PUMPKINS YOU BUTTHOLES!
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#102 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Sep 6, 2020 1:08 am

Yeah I like the Charles Lee idea. Would also be good with Ham. It’s bud or a current staff member for me (until be gets a win in this series he doesn’t get a capital B)
icoholic
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,086

Post#103 » by icoholic » Sun Sep 6, 2020 1:36 am

Adrian Griffin should be on everyone's shortlist.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#104 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Sep 6, 2020 2:37 am

icoholic wrote:Adrian Griffin should be on everyone's shortlist.

He was on everyone’s shortlist until some domestic violence allegations came out from his ex wife recently.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#105 » by humanrefutation » Sun Sep 6, 2020 2:46 am

I'm in the camp that we need more of a roster shakeup than a coaching shakeup.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#106 » by LuessiT » Sun Sep 6, 2020 2:55 am

Badgerlander wrote:I mean it has to be Stackhouse right? I mean look at that list? Really? Is everyone really not paying attention to what is going on right now?

Yeah the list is devastating. That's why I voted to roll with Bud. I like Stack but there is a reasonable chance we're better off with Bud.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#107 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Sep 6, 2020 3:20 am

Read on Twitter

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#108 » by M-C-G » Sun Sep 6, 2020 4:09 am

Bud is still the right guy. Needs to adapt, and know he has to or he is out. Break his stubbornness and we still have a world class coach and team. Just needs to humble himself a bit, skills are all there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,619

Post#109 » by Matches Malone » Sun Sep 6, 2020 4:12 am

How many times does he need to humble himself before he actually changes? I think he is what he is at this point. His playoff record speaks volumes.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,281

Post#110 » by rilamann » Sun Sep 6, 2020 4:32 am

Is Chris Ford still alive?
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,776

Post#111 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Sep 6, 2020 4:42 am

I always liked Ime Udoka.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#112 » by Badgerlander » Sun Sep 6, 2020 12:11 pm

I can’t believe anyone wants to let Bud stay. Sound like abused women, “but he’ll change.” People don’t change.

Fire Bud into the sun. Should have been fired right after 40-13. Disgraceful. Two years in a row this team has folded in the playoffs like the Packer defense letting Terrell Davis score so Holmgren can have more time on the clock. And after 6 years of anemic offense I’m sick of Spurs disciples, swing offense, Princeton garbage. Give me some PnR and drive and kick or give me death. Should all sign up to be virtual fans and hold up FIRE BUD signs in front of the camera
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#113 » by djsunyc » Sun Sep 6, 2020 12:41 pm

ReddRum wrote:I think Bud has to go. He had 2 years with the MVP of the league and failed miserably. We also need a new PG. I’m tired of watching Giannis run iso’s at the top of the key - I would love Lillard obviously but Chris Paul seems a little more realistic. Giannis needs a legit PG to feed him or his time in Milwaukee is doomed

the bucks to me leave me so confused. and throw in the bubble and it's even tougher to evaluate.

i'm stuck between these two hypothesis:

1. bud has overachieved dramatically with this roster in the regular season but the playoffs is a true indicator of what they really are or

2. bud is able to win big in regular season but lacks the adjustments needed in the postseason

i actually lean more towards #1 but i really have no clue.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#114 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Sep 6, 2020 1:14 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:Giannis: I want Jason back or I'm out. What do you do?

Not sure what Jason Terry will do but sure. Hell, I'll bring Jason Kidd back as coach/gm. Giannis + Kidd + ? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Whatever we get back.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#115 » by jschligs » Sun Sep 6, 2020 2:12 pm

I don't think he goes. But what I'm curious of is if he would ever consider adjusting if Giannis said "yo, you gotta do some things differently." For a numbers and smarts coach, he sure is dumb sometimes.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,393

Post#116 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Sep 6, 2020 2:16 pm

I've cleaned this up a bit. Trade ideas need to go in the trade thread. Thanks!
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,136

Post#117 » by JimmyTheKid » Sun Sep 6, 2020 3:36 pm

I'm old enough to remember when not loving the hire, or any real criticism along the way, was considered blasphemy. Atlanta fans warned us.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#118 » by FrieAaron » Sun Sep 6, 2020 5:47 pm

djsunyc wrote:
ReddRum wrote:I think Bud has to go. He had 2 years with the MVP of the league and failed miserably. We also need a new PG. I’m tired of watching Giannis run iso’s at the top of the key - I would love Lillard obviously but Chris Paul seems a little more realistic. Giannis needs a legit PG to feed him or his time in Milwaukee is doomed

the bucks to me leave me so confused. and throw in the bubble and it's even tougher to evaluate.

i'm stuck between these two hypothesis:

1. bud has overachieved dramatically with this roster in the regular season but the playoffs is a true indicator of what they really are or

2. bud is able to win big in regular season but lacks the adjustments needed in the postseason

i actually lean more towards #1 but i really have no clue.

It's a little bit of both I think. Possibly more so number 1, but there is really no excuse for the starters playing the minutes they are this series given how bad the bench has been.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,086

Post#119 » by BigO » Sun Sep 6, 2020 7:38 pm

Rather than throw out names that on the face of it make no sense, it would help if people explain why they think Cassell or Charles Lee should be considered. Because I can't think of one good reason for either of them or several others, but there may be information you know that some of us don't.

In my over seven decades watching, coaching and partaking in sports, I can't think of a single example that can be compared to this collapse. So it's hard to judge the whole thing. But we do know that Bud doesn't play his best players anywhere near the time other coaches do. We also know he either has no clue or is too stubborn to teach his players multiple defenses or offenses. These are two reasons he has to go. I picked the Heat in 5 or 6, but never thought it would be this bad.

As to who should replace him, that's the hard part. I think Bud is top 7 or 8 in the league. I would not take Dantoni because, like Bud, he only knows one way to play. Can't adapt.

The Boston, Toronto, Miami, and Dallas coaches are taken. The one coach I like is Utah's coach. Can he be poached? Probably not. That leaves assistants that work for some of these top coaches. Worth a look.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,096

Post#120 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun Sep 6, 2020 7:40 pm

Think I'd rather bring Cassell off the bench. (I'm kidding, Horst.)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks