ImageImage

Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP - The Contract discussions

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP - The Contract discussions 

Post#1501 » by raferfenix » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:30 am

What a relief it will be when and if Giannis signs the supermax.

The Bogdan fiasco has made this offseason way more nerve-wracking than it likely had to be, especially coming after our latest playoff collapse, when it would be expected that our front office would be firing on all cylinders to nail the most important offseason in a generation.

But if Giannis ultimately signs anyways it will solidify how lucky our franchise is to have the most loyal superstar out there.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,285

Post#1502 » by HKPackFan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:43 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:The wonderful girl who is way out of your league and actually saved you from a very dark time period in your life is coming to a special dinner you've planned in which both sets of parents are invited. She knows you're going to pop the question. You've talked about it on many occasions throughout the years. Although you have expressed your love for her, your deep seated hatred for yourself, your inferiority complex and your embarrassment about being born on the wrong side of the tracks prevents you from providing for her the way other men could.

It's a good thing for you this perfect woman loves a fixer-upper, and improbably she is always speaking of how special you are, how you are her first and only. You even let her worthless brother live below you rent-free when you really needed to fill that space with a tenant who could contribute something. Actually, you treat her entire family like your own. In your private moments you sometimes have a bit of remorse about your calculation in regards to her brothers and other concessions you've made over the years, but YOUR LOVE IS TRUE. You can't imagine living without her.

So you pop the question in front of everyone, but with tears in her eyes she says she needs more time. She kisses you tenderly and tells you not to worry, but she just needs to be sure you can provide the type of life she deserves. She finally came to the realization I'm just no good for her, you think. Guys like me just don't get girls like that.

Her father ushers her away and offers you $50,000 and his old F-150 to never see his daughter again.

What do you do?

Alex Lasry:

"I tell my dad to pay him up to $500k! My daddy can afford it! And I'll call my friend WOJ to let him know the news. But I don't understand why my brother lives in his basement."
#FreeChuckDiesel
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,574

Post#1503 » by Frank Nova » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:44 am

raferfenix wrote:What a relief it will be when and if Giannis signs the supermax.

The Bogdan fiasco has made this offseason way more nerve-wracking than it likely had to be, especially coming after our latest playoff collapse, when it would be expected that our front office would be firing on all cylinders to nail the most important offseason in a generation.

But if Giannis ultimately signs anyways it will solidify how lucky our franchise is to have the most loyal superstar out there.

I’m really hoping there’s just a big event with Giannis Jrue and Khris in the new uniforms and Giannis and Jrue sign their extensions together and it’s just one big party. I’ll be partying in Pittsburgh that’s for sure....
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#1504 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:50 am

Frank Nova wrote:
raferfenix wrote:What a relief it will be when and if Giannis signs the supermax.

I’m really hoping there’s just a big event with Giannis Jrue and Khris in the new uniforms and Giannis and Jrue sign their extensions together and it’s just one big party. I’ll be partying in Pittsburgh that’s for sure....

That would be cool but I don't think Jrue can sign an extension until February.
#FreeChuckDiesel
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#1505 » by raferfenix » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:51 am

Is there any other superstar who would even consider signing the supermax in this situation?

The Bucks collapsed against the Raptors (with a roster beneath the luxury tax), then decreased our overall talent level by trading Brogdon (in part to save money), collapsed even worse against the Heat, after which we traded almost all our future assets for Jrue Holiday while failing to acquire Giannis’ preferred target.

Giannis might re-up anyways saying he’s happy that he isn’t the GM. Maybe Holiday moves the needle so much that missing out on Bogdan (due to salary cap and PR snafus) won’t ultimately matter comparably.

I’m not sure what other superstars would be so understanding. Feeling lucky to have Giannis! Most of the others would have already forced their way out of here citing the front office.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,932

Post#1506 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:54 am

humanrefutation wrote:
engelmartin wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
That's a decent explanation for the delay

There hasn't actually been a delay, he flew out this morning at 3:50 a.m. If he flew from Greece it would take 11 hours (at the very least), meaning the earliest he could have possibly landed was two hours ago.

Read on Twitter

I think he was in NYC yesterday.

:
He's got the Miami Vice colors on.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#1507 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:01 am

raferfenix wrote:Is there any other superstar who would even consider signing the supermax in this situation?

Kind of a weird thing to say when they just won 60-games in back-to-back seasons. So basically, a superstar should only commit to a franchise that's either already a dynasty or is just coming off a championship. That's a pretty impossible bar for any superstar in their mid-20s to hold a franchise to. Maybe Giannis understands the responsibility for winning a chip ultimately falls on him and being a quitter isn't in his DNA?

:dontknow:
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,574

Post#1508 » by Frank Nova » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:05 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:

That would be cool but I don't think Jrue can sign an extension until February.

Okay well ****, a verbal commitment would suffice I guess. I just hope it’s a spectacle is all. We’ve been buried in negative headlines, I’m curious how toxic the “Giannis made a mistake by signing” crowd is gonna be. And if the national media would jump back on the Bucks darling bandwagon or not...
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#1509 » by raferfenix » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:19 am

Ron Swanson wrote:
raferfenix wrote:Is there any other superstar who would even consider signing the supermax in this situation?

Kind of a weird thing to say when they just won 60-games in back-to-back seasons. So basically, a superstar should only commit to a franchise that's either already a dynasty or is just coming off a championship. That's a pretty impossible bar for any superstar in their mid-20s to hold a franchise to. Maybe Giannis understands the responsibility for winning a chip ultimately falls on him and being a quitter isn't in his DNA?

Not saying I wish it were the case.

But in this era of the NBA most superstars would have moved on to a bigger market with a more renowned front office.

When and if Giannis signs long term I’ll be that much more appreciative for him for going against the grain!

The Bucks’ front office has made some critical mistakes but they have time to make up for it and get some hardware for the franchise — provided Giannis is on board.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,240

Post#1510 » by dbrodz7 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:40 am

Read on Twitter
Misery loves company
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,981

Post#1511 » by zimpy27 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:43 am

Ron Swanson wrote:

If Giannis's goal is to help Milwaukee win a championship then him leaving and never coming back would be quitting.
If Giannis's goal is to win a championship then leaving Milwaukee for a destination that he thinks puts him in a better position to win a championship is not quitting at all, it could even be viewed as the opposite of quitting.

I think this is where a fan of the team mixes their goals with what they expect a players goals to be.

I think it's definitely worth being thankful for having a superstar who cares about the city/team enough to want that city/team to win a championship. That is pretty rare these days.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#1512 » by DavidDunn21 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:40 am

A great player should want to be the best player he can be and make his team perform at the highest level possible.

The 2017 Rockets, 1993 and 2007 Suns, '92 Knicks, 2000 Pacers, 2020 Nuggets and many others maxed out their potential. That is THE OBJECTIVE of basketball.

In no year since 2001 have the Bucks or Giannis reached their ceiling. There is more work to do

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#1513 » by SirChurros » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:57 am

skones wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:You guys keep getting flooded with the Giannis and Thanasis TCL commercials? You'd think he'd be able to get a better TV endorsement than TCL.

They're a 10 billion dollar company and the own the 2nd largest share of the TV market in the world. They're not exactly small.
I'm just saying they make some pretty **** TVs.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#1514 » by BuckFan25226 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:20 am

Krispy Kreme wrote:
skones wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:You guys keep getting flooded with the Giannis and Thanasis TCL commercials? You'd think he'd be able to get a better TV endorsement than TCL.

They're a 10 billion dollar company and the own the 2nd largest share of the TV market in the world. They're not exactly small.

They actually make some decent TV's in their mid to high end line.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,375

Post#1515 » by MoreTrife » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:32 am

BuckFan25226 wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
skones wrote:

Yeah I have one they're great!
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,960

Post#1516 » by RiotPunch » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:35 am

MoreTrife wrote:
BuckFan25226 wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:I'm just saying they make some pretty **** TVs.

Yeah I have one they're great!

Time to merge the Giannis and tech threads.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,281

Post#1517 » by soboMP3 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:15 am

Krispy Kreme wrote:
skones wrote:

Negative
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,840

Post#1518 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:28 am

Prez wrote:My guess is if it’s going to happen the Bucks are going to make an event of it.

As it should be. They should unveil a 100' Giannis statue at the top of the U.S Bank building. And if it weren't for Covid, I'd expect a damn parade. This is a biiiiig deal. **** you LA. **** you Miami. **** you Golden State. And **** you Atlanta. Oh, and **** you too Mr. Silver, you bitch.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,738

Post#1519 » by DanoMac » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:42 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
Prez wrote:My guess is if it’s going to happen the Bucks are going to make an event of it.

As it should be. They should unveil a 100' Giannis statue at the top of the U.S Bank building. And if it weren't for Covid, I'd expect a damn parade. This is a biiiiig deal. **** you LA. **** you Miami. **** you Golden State. And **** you Atlanta. Oh, and **** you too Mr. Silver, you bitch.

This is the speech we need from Horst
Big Dog Yank
Senior
And1: 767

Post#1520 » by Big Dog Yank » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:13 am

VooDoo7 wrote:

Don't forget Toronto!
"Ready to Die"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks