Giannis Thread - Met with ownership pg 6

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 3,347

Re: Giannis Thread - Met with ownership pg 6 

Post#381 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Krispy Kreme wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:#ThroughTheWall is such a great slogan to throw at the the haters.

Meh, if critiquing his game makes someone a "hater," then so be it.

Also, #ThroughTheWall is a terrible slogan seeing as that's what he currently tries to do and it doesn't really work. :lol:

Definition of intensity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein (Probably)
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 10,745

Post#382 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Settling for Dennis Schroder would be the ultimate Bucks lateral move. Not really convinced that he's all of a sudden a good shooter and there's a reason why a team finally figured out it's better to bring him off the bench and in two-guard lineups (hint: he's not an effective lead guard).
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 7,336

Post#383 » by JayMKE » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:17 pm

Does anybody think Schroder gets us over the hump?
FREE GIANNIS
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 10,476

Post#384 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:20 pm

JayMKE wrote:Does anybody think Schroder gets us over the hump?

Not sure but I’d definitely rather go into the playoffs with him than Bledsoe.
Fotis St
Head Coach
And1: 1,809

Post#385 » by Fotis St » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:21 pm

Would you believe that this season Bledsoe shot the 3pt ball better than : Pat Connaughton , Donte Divincenzo and Brook Lopez and only 2% worse than Wes ?

The elimination has set alot of fog and we can't have a clear view on our team overall status.

We just remember Bled not making some crucial 3s and we tend to believe that Bled is our worse shooter .... guess again ...

Pat Connaughton.....67 games 18.6min 3P% 33.1 , 0.8 / 2.5 3PA
Donte DiVincenzo....66 games 23min 3P% 33.6 , 1.3 / 3.7 3PA
Brook Lopez...........67 games 26.7min 3P% 31.4 , 1.5 / 4.8 3PA

Eric Bledsoe...........61games 27min 3P% 34.4 , 1.2 / 3.5 3PA
Wes Mathews......... 67games 24.4min 3P% 36.4 , 1.6 / 4.4 3PA

This is not supporting cast for Giannis , consider one more thing , most of these attempts are WIDE OPEN 3P shots cause of Giannis gravity... thats the foundation of the WALL
My draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/Semi Ojeleye/*John Collins, '18 Trade down Devonte Graham/Elie Okobo, Hamidou Diallo, buy a 2nd for Kostas
PG Graveyard
Bench Warmer
And1: 759

Post#386 » by PG Graveyard » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:22 pm

i guess it depends what the trade looks like....Has to be an upgrade over playoff Bledsoe and he is a guy I have always liked. Maybe it gets us over the hump. Feels a little light when we are talking about guys like CP etc.
BigO
Junior
And1: 163

Post#387 » by BigO » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:30 pm

Bucks do need someone who can break down the defense. Bledsoe used to be able to do it, but he is not a prime time player. So Schroder is interesting only in that regard. But no, he doesn't move the needle much.

90% of the time, when teams hit roadblocks, I think it's player personnel. But with the Bucks, Kidd was/is one of the worst coaches I've seen and Bud is one of the worst playoff coaches I've seen. So getting over the hump isn't just personnel changes. Bud needs to change:

1) Offense- posting Giannis down low and encouraging him, rather than stopping him, to take short jumpers and half hooks

2) Offense-much more movement-watch Miami-huge difference

3) Defense-stop relying totally on sticking to your man-employ switching man defense, zone concepts depending on foe

4) Prepare your best players to play 40 minutes plus in playoffs
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 20,203

Post#388 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:35 pm

I love Schroder but if obtaining him is our only move it's not enough.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Krispy Kreme
Analyst
And1: 1,612

Post#389 » by Krispy Kreme » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:51 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I love Schroder but if obtaining him is our only move it's not enough.

Agreed.

I think he's a better lead guard than Bledsoe, though. At least offensively.

I guess you can be skeptical of his 3P% this season, but he showed significant improvement on a pretty hefty number of attempts per game. That and he's a much better finisher than Bledsoe within 10 feet, and they're about the same at the rim.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 465

Post#390 » by averageposter » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:53 pm

If Lavine is a realistic option I'd favor him, and that feels weird to say it. I think whomever runs the point has to be capable of getting scorching hot shooting threes. The wall that will forever be erected to limit Giannis also gums things up for break down the defense get in the lane and finish type guys. I think it made for tough sledding for Bledsoe with a similar attack heavy offense. After last year Lavine's contract seems fair. Paul's contract is insane, and while he definitely had more left than I thought this year, any year could be a dropoff year.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 10,745

Post#391 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:03 pm

The only way I'd ever want Zach LaVine anywhere near this team is if a guy like CP3 is coming in as well to take the ball out of his hands. Even ignoring that he doesn't give a **** about defense, LaVine might have the worst shot selection of any player I've seen since Brandon Jennings. You're basically betting on him completely changing everything about his play-style, and I think that's easily a losing bet.
German Athens
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#392 » by German Athens » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Yeah, I’d hope we’d be shooting higher than schroder unless there are multiple more moves. Doesn’t he have kind of a set shot jumper like Bledsoe? That and statistically he doesn’t look that good in the pick and roll.

Side note: CP3 is absolutely insane in the pick and roll. 1.08 ppp while running 8.1 possessions per game. Kemba and Lillard are the only two players who are more efficient on the same or higher volume.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,110

Post#393 » by Nowak008 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:18 pm

averageposter wrote:If Lavine is a realistic option I'd favor him, and that feels weird to say it. I think whomever runs the point has to be capable of getting scorching hot shooting threes. The wall that will forever be erected to limit Giannis also gums things up for break down the defense get in the lane and finish type guys. I think it made for tough sledding for Bledsoe with a similar attack heavy offense. After last year Lavine's contract seems fair. Paul's contract is insane, and while he definitely had more left than I thought this year, any year could be a dropoff year.

We have done too much winning over the last few years, I am also in favor of Lavine so we can bring back the tank.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Fotis St
Head Coach

Post#394 » by Fotis St » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:18 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:The only way I'd ever want Zach LaVine anywhere near this team is if a guy like CP3 is coming in as well to take the ball out of his hands. Even ignoring that he doesn't give a **** about defense, LaVine might have the worst shot selection of any player I've seen since Brandon Jennings. You're basically betting on him completely changing everything about his play-style, and I think that's easily a losing bet.

In order to get em both Khris has to be included in the CP3 trade. Are you ok with that?

If we want to keep Khris...
I thinking getting LaVine and Rubio instead of CP3 while keeping Khris is a way to go.

The main piece to get LaVine is Bled + Ersan + 24 + DDV if they like him
The main piece to get Rubio is G. Hill + 2nds
My draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/Semi Ojeleye/*John Collins, '18 Trade down Devonte Graham/Elie Okobo, Hamidou Diallo, buy a 2nd for Kostas
German Athens
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#395 » by German Athens » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:19 pm

Also, do you think pick and rolls would work with Giannis as the ballhandler against the wall?

I know that might seem bizarre, as that would mean you’d be pushing more bodies to Giannis and muddying up lanes even more so, but would that also do the same for the defenders? Conventional wisdom would say pass to the players whose defender is sagging to help build the wall - they would have an open 3 - but that’s usually what the defense wants, and generally they seem to be able to recover. Wouldn’t a double screen on one end of the 3 man wall make it pretty hard to either get back to Giannis, or cause enough chaos as to where a rolling man might be able to break free?

I distinctively remember under kidd when Giannis first got moved to pg in the second half of the season - he actually displayed change of pace play. He ran the pick and roll, got his defender behind him and just slowed up waiting for the roller to get an opening. You know, actual pg chops.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 20,548

Post#396 » by emunney » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:28 pm

German Athens wrote:
emunney wrote:Feels like all signs are pointing to Schroder right now.

What makes you say that?

The player descriptions of targets floating out of these articles sound like they're talking specifically about him. History with Bud. Age.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.

Run. Dunk. Repeat.
Krispy Kreme
Analyst
And1: 1,612

Post#397 » by Krispy Kreme » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:29 pm

Fotis St wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:The only way I'd ever want Zach LaVine anywhere near this team is if a guy like CP3 is coming in as well to take the ball out of his hands. Even ignoring that he doesn't give a **** about defense, LaVine might have the worst shot selection of any player I've seen since Brandon Jennings. You're basically betting on him completely changing everything about his play-style, and I think that's easily a losing bet.

In order to get em both Khris has to be included in the CP3 trade. Are you ok with that?

If we want to keep Khris...
I thinking getting LaVine and Rubio instead of CP3 while keeping Khris is a way to go.

The main piece to get LaVine is Bled + Ersan + 24 + DDV if they like him
The main piece to get Rubio is G. Hill + 2nds

I'm not sure the Suns are going to give up Rubio for Hill and 2nds. He's still relatively young and coming off arguably his best season ever, for a team that's clearly up and coming.
Fotis St
Head Coach

Post#398 » by Fotis St » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:32 pm

If a team like the Suns wants DDV in a Rubio-G.Hill Trade ... Sure I would include him
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 10,476

Post#399 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:35 pm

We know Giannis is private. Do we think he likes the owner going straight to the multiple media people with details about their meeting?
StickeeFingaz
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,152

Post#400 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:47 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:We know Giannis is private. Do we think he likes the owner going straight to the multiple media people with details about their meeting?

Not sure but I feel like Saratsis thinks he's a master manipulator.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks