ImageImage

Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP - Disney Movie

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
Pachinko_
RealGM
Posts: 13,142
And1: 12,658
Joined: Jun 13, 2016
Location: Greece/Australia
   

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#601 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:52 am

Matches Malone wrote:Was this video ever brought up yet? First time I watched it. Made me depressed lol.

I expect Giannis to be pretty much the same player for a while going forward.

I think his burning desire to get bigger and lift weights all day will eventually subside and his brain will naturally start finding more interest in the intricate details of basketball. And instead of people telling him what he needs to improve he will seek the right people and training methods himself. And all that will happen between his late twenties - early thirties, he will be at his best as a complete player around 32-33 years old, and will probably still look and move like a freak past his mid 30's.

He's lucky he's a natural gym rat with no injuries or bad lifestyle habits and obviously those superhuman genes, he's probably looking at an LBJ/VC/Tim Duncan/Karl Malone type career.
User avatar
theFireBlanket
Head Coach
Posts: 7,230
And1: 1,570
Joined: Feb 23, 2011

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#602 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:49 pm

Allen Iverson wants Giannis to goto Golden State. Perfect timing he'd come out saying that with cause to reflect on the 2001 ECF.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.
CharityStripe34
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,828
And1: 662
Joined: Dec 01, 2014
     

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#603 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:09 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:Was this video ever brought up yet? First time I watched it. Made me depressed lol.

I expect Giannis to be pretty much the same player for a while going forward.

I think his burning desire to get bigger and lift weights all day will eventually subside and his brain will naturally start finding more interest in the intricate details of basketball. And instead of people telling him what he needs to improve he will seek the right people and training methods himself. And all that will happen between his late twenties - early thirties, he will be at his best as a complete player around 32-33 years old, and will probably still look and move like a freak past his mid 30's.

He's lucky he's a natural gym rat with no injuries or bad lifestyle habits and obviously those superhuman genes, he's probably looking at an LBJ/VC/Tim Duncan/Karl Malone type career.
He can add to his game quicker but I think he needs a different coaching staff. Bud runs D'Antoni five-out stuff. The Bucks are treating Gianni like hes LeBron instead of a more athletic Garnet with transition/handles.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
giannis and 1
Junior
Posts: 320
And1: 149
Joined: Jan 06, 2019
Location: surrounded by craptor fans in Vancouver, BC
       

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#604 » by giannis and 1 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:13 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Was this video ever brought up yet? First time I watched it. Made me depressed lol.


this is frustrating :noway:
still learning the game
User avatar
Pachinko_
RealGM
Posts: 13,142
And1: 12,658
Joined: Jun 13, 2016
Location: Greece/Australia
   

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#605 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:51 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:He can add to his game quicker but I think he needs a different coaching staff. Bud runs D'Antoni five-out stuff. The Bucks are treating Gianni like hes LeBron instead of a more athletic Garnet with transition/handles.

Yes, but it must be extremely hard to convince himself there is something wrong with what he's been doing so far, when what he's been doing so far got him b2b MVPs, Nike, some 3 digit millions, 100 most influencial people in the world for **** sake (I mean I love the guy like a son but the world really needs to do better LOL)

Current Giannis needs to be an opportunistic scorer. He needs to be allowed to move like every other player on the team and wait for the opportunities that are right for him to score. Basically let him do what DDV does, he will probably still average 20, easy. ****, even if he averages zero he's still an All Star just from defense and rebounds.

But he can't be asked to create and score all the time, he just doesn't have that yet. He has to be allowed to pick his battles offensively and allowed to return the ball where it came from when he's double & triple teamed.

TLDR: we need a proper playmaker and an offense that can function at PO level intensity with and without Giannis.
User avatar
theFireBlanket
Head Coach
Posts: 7,230
And1: 1,570
Joined: Feb 23, 2011

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#606 » by theFireBlanket » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:31 am

4FMVP4Rings4MVP wrote:Lebron, KD, and Kawhi all have multiple Finals MVPs. Something Giannis will never have. Giannis has been exposed in front of the whole world as a playoffs choker. Giannis is a disgrace.


Easy to accomplish when you have an insane stranglehold on the refs whistle or goto an already championship caliber team. Get outta here with that. You're talking about a 25 year old.

Giannis would have taken those in possession last year if he could barrel into & push off defenders like the LA rivals do. He'd be set to play in the finals again now.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.
User avatar
RiotPunch
RealGM
Posts: 18,029
And1: 6,070
Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Location: LA
     

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#607 » by RiotPunch » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:42 am

Hope Giannis gets something closer to a LeBron whistle when it comes to charges called next season after, you know, winning back-to-back MVP's and reigning DPOY.
User avatar
theFireBlanket
Head Coach
Posts: 7,230
And1: 1,570
Joined: Feb 23, 2011

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#608 » by theFireBlanket » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:04 am

Nah, f-ck winning by the refs. Win on legit calls. Gianni is capable.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.
ReddoverKobe
Senior
Posts: 540
And1: 377
Joined: Feb 12, 2019
   

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#609 » by ReddoverKobe » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:06 am

giannis and 1 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:Was this video ever brought up yet? First time I watched it. Made me depressed lol.


this is frustrating :noway:


Someone send this to the bucks please
User avatar
Fotis St
Head Coach
Posts: 7,064
And1: 1,842
Joined: May 05, 2015
 

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#610 » by Fotis St » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:38 am

Bud did nothing to prepare our team for wall and zone defense ... I think not MJ, not Kobe, not anyone has faced a Wall and a Triple Team like Giannis.

NBA should ban Zone defense

Zone defense brings the score down, and hurts the show... individual talent is lost cause of double-triple team ... It should be a Man's League not a High-School league... I mean Giannis one of the greatest athletes to ever play this game... is triple teamed... he can't go forward, he can't go right, can't go left, can't spin left or right, can't shove cause they always flop and get the whistle or Giannis could get seriously injured stepping on those floppers legs... Its getting ridiculous
My draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/Semi Ojeleye/*John Collins, '18 Trade down Devonte Graham/Elie Okobo, Hamidou Diallo, buy a 2nd for Kostas
User avatar
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
Posts: 45,852
And1: 16,509
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: And Brogdon.
 

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#611 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:57 am

They didn't even play that much zone against us.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
User avatar
Pachinko_
RealGM
Posts: 13,142
And1: 12,658
Joined: Jun 13, 2016
Location: Greece/Australia
   

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#612 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:20 am

Giannis passing has been steadily declining, his assist/TO ratio was ok when Kidd first tried him at PG and has gone to **** since then. You can't double/triple Lebron or Doncic or Jokic because they find the open player with great accuracy, Giannis passing is hit & miss.
User avatar
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
Posts: 45,852
And1: 16,509
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: And Brogdon.
 

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#613 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:37 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Giannis passing has been steadily declining, his assist/TO ratio was ok when Kidd first tried him at PG and has gone to **** since then. You can't double/triple Lebron or Doncic or Jokic because they find the open player with great accuracy, Giannis passing is hit & miss.

Meh.

16/17 (80 games)
Image

19/20 (57 pre bubble games)
Image
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
User avatar
Pachinko_
RealGM
Posts: 13,142
And1: 12,658
Joined: Jun 13, 2016
Location: Greece/Australia
   

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#614 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:34 am

why is this different to bball ref stats?
Or is it?... I'm not sure I'm reading this properly
User avatar
Fotis St
Head Coach
Posts: 7,064
And1: 1,842
Joined: May 05, 2015
 

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#615 » by Fotis St » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:40 am

Giannis needs a better coach to make X & Os with him NOT as a ball handler at the top of the key, alot here said that side pick n rolls can work better, or even iso post or off ball where he cuts or as a lob threat. We just wasted one more year of Giannis young dominant and healthy.
My draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/Semi Ojeleye/*John Collins, '18 Trade down Devonte Graham/Elie Okobo, Hamidou Diallo, buy a 2nd for Kostas
User avatar
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
Posts: 45,852
And1: 16,509
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: And Brogdon.
 

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#616 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:51 am

Pachinko_ wrote:why is this different to bball ref stats?
Or is it?... I'm not sure I'm reading this properly

19/20 wasn't updated for bubble play yet.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
User avatar
Pachinko_
RealGM
Posts: 13,142
And1: 12,658
Joined: Jun 13, 2016
Location: Greece/Australia
   

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#617 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:50 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:why is this different to bball ref stats?
Or is it?... I'm not sure I'm reading this properly

19/20 wasn't updated for bubble play yet.

I thought Giannis was a little better passer 3-4 years ago. Anyway I trust you, maybe my eye test needs calibration.
CharityStripe34
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,828
And1: 662
Joined: Dec 01, 2014
     

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#618 » by CharityStripe34 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:53 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:He can add to his game quicker but I think he needs a different coaching staff. Bud runs D'Antoni five-out stuff. The Bucks are treating Gianni like hes LeBron instead of a more athletic Garnet with transition/handles.

Yes, but it must be extremely hard to convince himself there is something wrong with what he's been doing so far, when what he's been doing so far got him b2b MVPs, Nike, some 3 digit millions, 100 most influencial people in the world for **** sake (I mean I love the guy like a son but the world really needs to do better LOL)

Current Giannis needs to be an opportunistic scorer. He needs to be allowed to move like every other player on the team and wait for the opportunities that are right for him to score. Basically let him do what DDV does, he will probably still average 20, easy. ****, even if he averages zero he's still an All Star just from defense and rebounds.

But he can't be asked to create and score all the time, he just doesn't have that yet. He has to be allowed to pick his battles offensively and allowed to return the ball where it came from when he's double & triple teamed.

TLDR: we need a proper playmaker and an offense that can function at PO level intensity with and without Giannis.


We're basically in agreement that his area of operation should be 20-feet and in toward the basket. The team needs a legit PG to organize the offense. Gianni being more off-ball can get him 6-8 easy points every game. Gianni playing out of the post gives him easier decisions to make when doubled (more concise passing lanes).

I do agree that it'll take a lot for him to realize some of this since he's been super successful individually the last five years.
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 42,933
And1: 17,506
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
       

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#619 » by blazza18 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:41 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:I thought Giannis was a little better passer 3-4 years ago. Anyway I trust you, maybe my eye test needs calibration.


3-4 years ago Giannis was looking to pass. Now he's looking to score. I don't think your eye test is too far off.
trwi7 wrote:Ban yourself you asshole.
User avatar
engelmartin
Analyst
Posts: 3,073
And1: 1,240
Joined: Jun 03, 2013
         

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP 

Post#620 » by engelmartin » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:48 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
4FMVP4Rings4MVP wrote:Lebron, KD, and Kawhi all have multiple Finals MVPs. Something Giannis will never have. Giannis has been exposed in front of the whole world as a playoffs choker. Giannis is a disgrace.


Easy to accomplish when you have an insane stranglehold on the refs whistle or goto an already championship caliber team. Get outta here with that. You're talking about a 25 year old.

Giannis would have taken those in possession last year if he could barrel into & push off defenders like the LA rivals do. He'd be set to play in the finals again now.

Kawhi's only been to the finals once.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
The idea that Thon would have the coordination to jump around on trampolines while playing basketball is lost on me.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks