Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Re: Giannis Thread - 2 Time MVP - The Contract discussions 

Post#821 » by machu46 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:27 pm

soxperry wrote:
mke_design wrote:
soxperry wrote:I overheard someone talking the other day. No idea if this is a true story. Prior to buying his new house, Giannis went to look at a top floor condo in a high rise downtown. Apparently he walked out very quickly after he asked how much the HOA fees were. If thats true, it certainly fits the profile of someone who grew up having to be thrifty and is still in that mindset. Food for thought...

Side note - the lamest part about an HOA is having to PAY them when you sell your home to get out of the HOA. It's bananas.

Ha! Yeah i used to think i was a condo guy. Thats what turned me away as well. Me and Giannis. Identical.

Yep. Here in DC some places charge like $1,000 a month for HOA. It’s insane. We bit the bullet and bought a house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#822 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:12 pm

If the Bucks make the finals, Giannis stays.

If the Bucks miss, he will walk.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#823 » by trwi7 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:02 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:If the Bucks make the finals, Giannis stays.

Thank you for your insight random person.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#824 » by truly » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Any other team you hold to this standard or just the Bucks?
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#825 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:48 pm

truly wrote:

Any other team you hold to this standard or just the Bucks?

Well that’s why the real gm Giannis post was eluding to this morning.

If the team makes the right moves and they win, he says he will stay. If they don’t, he says it’s a business and he can walk.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#826 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:49 pm

Giannis Antetokounmpo gave an interview during a visit to Sweden discussing his future with the Milwaukee Bucks.

"There are a lot of rumors," said Antetokounmpo. "Everyone has opinions. But at the end of the day, I will do what is best for my family. I do not see why I could not be in Milwaukee for several years.

As long as Milwaukee and I are on the same page when it comes to being one of the best teams in the league and winning championships, that's fine.”

"When it changes, it will not be good. It's easy, I want to be a winner. I do not care about the money. My family is fine and I can take care of my children and grandchildren so that's not the most important thing right now, it's winning. As long as we can win and create a winning culture, it will be good."

Antetokounmpo was then asked if his plan is to remain with the Bucks and then possibly sign an extension. Antetokounmpo can sign a supermax extension with the Bucks this offseason, or he can wait until he becomes a free agent in 2021.

"I do not know what the plan is," replied Antetokounmpo. "It depends on what decisions they make. If they make the right decision, I'll be there for many years. If they do not, we'll see. The NBA is business and we can take it day by day. Hopefully we can succeed together."

UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#827 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:30 pm

trwi7 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Not my words, from Giannis himself.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#828 » by trwi7 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:38 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

No, those are your words. Don't bitch out and say they aren't.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#829 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:55 pm

Does seem like Giannis is planting seeds. I’d be so sad to see him go, but I honestly can’t blame him. Other than lucking into Middleton the Bucks have been pretty bad at roster building over the years and had a coach that was horrendous towards Giannis’ early developmental years.
Do it for Chuck
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#830 » by JayMKE » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:00 pm

Giannis can play GM here, I dunno what he means by right decisions so its interesting to think who he blames and if he has any red lines for moving guys. Who does Giannis want us to get and who is he comfortable losing as teammate? I'm for whatever the hell he wants to get him to sign the supermax. :lol:
FREE GIANNIS
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#831 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:06 pm

JayMKE wrote:Giannis can play GM here, I dunno what he means by right decisions so its interesting to think who he blames and if he has any red lines for moving guys. Who does Giannis want us to get and who is he comfortable losing as teammate? I'm for whatever the hell he wants to get him to sign the supermax. :lol:

It’s hard to speculate because that team seems so tight. My guess would be he’s very frustrated to see Bledsoe clam up three years straight in the playoffs. IIRC there was a play against Miami where Bledsoe killed a rally by bricking a pull up three and I saw the light go out of Giannis’s eyes.
Do it for Chuck
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,928

Post#832 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:28 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Does seem like Giannis is planting seeds. I’d be so sad to see him go, but I honestly can’t blame him. Other than lucking into Middleton the Bucks have been pretty bad at roster building over the years and had a coach that was horrendous towards Giannis’ early developmental years.

I don't think Hambone lucked into Middleton. That was a savvy move, knowing who they were getting. He was plugged into Dumars & pushed them to include him even though he didn't want to. As bad as John could be, he & his staff knew talent.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#833 » by AussieBuck » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:32 pm

Hammonds seemed more excited to get Udoh as a throw in as part of the Bogut trade than he was about Middleton in the Jennings one.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#834 » by soxperry » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:35 pm

machu46 wrote:
soxperry wrote:
mke_design wrote:
Side note - the lamest part about an HOA is having to PAY them when you sell your home to get out of the HOA. It's bananas.

Ha! Yeah i used to think i was a condo guy. Thats what turned me away as well. Me and Giannis. Identical.

Yep. Here in DC some places charge like $1,000 a month for HOA. It’s insane. We bit the bullet and bought a house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah.. i know that's the financially smart move i just have a phobia of turning into guy who spends half his life either doing or talking about doing yard work and house projects. that's just so sad to me.

not that i'm doing anything super important or interesting with my free time as it is... it's pretty irrational.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,928

Post#835 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:42 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Hammonds seemed more excited to get Udoh as a throw in as part of the Bogut trade than he was about Middleton in the Jennings one.

Doesn't mean they didn't highly value Khris, just that they thought Udoh could unlock his potential. Khris had health concerns, probably leading to being even keel on if it would pan out. Not due to doubt in his game but if he'd recover it.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#836 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:48 pm

trwi7 wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

“As long as Milwaukee and I are on the same page when it comes to being one of the best teams in the league and winning championships, that's fine.”

"When it changes, it will not be good.”

"I do not know what the plan is," replied Antetokounmpo. "It depends on what decisions they make.

If they make the right decision, I'll be there for many years.

If they do not, we'll see. The NBA is business and we can take it day by day. Hopefully we can succeed together."
trwi7
RealGM

Post#837 » by trwi7 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:51 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

“As long as Milwaukee and I are on the same page when it comes to being one of the best teams in the league and winning championships, that's fine.”

"I do not know what the plan is," replied Antetokounmpo. "It depends on what decisions they make.

If they do not, we'll see. The NBA is business and we can take it day by day. Hopefully we can succeed together."

And this is you.

Get swept in the Finals, he stays. Lose game 7 of the ECF, he leaves. That's what you're saying. Don't back away from shit you said.

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#838 » by WRau1 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:59 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Hammonds seemed more excited to get Udoh as a throw in as part of the Bogut trade than he was about Middleton in the Jennings one.

Doesn't mean they didn't highly value Khris, just that they thought Udoh could unlock his potential. Khris had health concerns, probably leading to being even keel on if it would pan out. Not due to doubt in his game but if he'd recover it.

Middleton was the key of that trade. It wouldn't have happened if DET didn't eventually give in to him being included. I know there are other posters here that can back this up.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#839 » by talbert » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:24 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Giannis can play GM here, I dunno what he means by right decisions so its interesting to think who he blames and if he has any red lines for moving guys. Who does Giannis want us to get and who is he comfortable losing as teammate? I'm for whatever the hell he wants to get him to sign the supermax. :lol:

It’s hard to speculate because that team seems so tight. My guess would be he’s very frustrated to see Bledsoe clam up three years straight in the playoffs. IIRC there was a play against Miami where Bledsoe killed a rally by bricking a pull up three and I saw the light go out of Giannis’s eyes.

Remember that play well. I saw that too.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#840 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:30 pm

trwi7 wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

And this is you.

Get swept in the Finals, he stays. Lose game 7 of the ECF, he leaves. That's what you're saying. Don't back away from shit you said.

Yup and I stand by it.

If the Bucks make it to the finals, Giannis will stay. If not he will test free agency.

Zach Lowe has already stated Giannis is gonna play the season out and the Dallas Mavericks are not going to spend money this off season to hold an open slot for Giannis.

So has the Miami Heat, Pat Riley telling Bam to hold and wait for an extension because they want maximum flexibility for next off season.

It’s gonna come down to the Bucks, Mavs and Heat for Giannis. Play with Middleton and Bledsoe or Luka & Porzingas or Jimmy and Bam.

I want Giannis to stay in mid markets cities but he won’t be the first top 5 superstar to leave town.

Lebron left Cleveland, KG left Minnesota, Dwight left Orlando, Kawhi left Toronto, Shaq left Orlando, Durant left OKC.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks