ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
mke_design
Veteran
Posts: 2,850
And1: 1,466
Joined: Mar 09, 2014
     

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#81 » by mke_design » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:51 am

AussieBuck wrote:So last Lasry era gave us Kidd and Monroe. Got to say I'm more than a little worried about the potential for casual fan derp returning to the front office. This is why I like the Paul idea. He's both the name recognition guy and easily better than any teammate Giannis has had.


I mean - Paul is probably the biggest name to get right now (assuming his availability is real) who isn't Anthony Davis in a casuals mind. So it would be logical to be interested.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
User avatar
raferfenix
RealGM
Posts: 19,570
And1: 1,575
Joined: Apr 05, 2003

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#82 » by raferfenix » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:55 am

Paul’s team could be talking to the press too.

If their priority is a championship there aren’t many better opportunities than Milwaukee.

Giannis might also add years to CP3’s career. He couldn’t dream of a better target to pass to or a defensive beast to do the dirty work. And then there is the endorsement factor.

Whether the Bucks much less Giannis personally are interested is a different story.
ShootingtheJ
Rookie
Posts: 1,012
And1: 380
Joined: Jun 20, 2010

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#83 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:17 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:
skones wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:Do you guys enjoy treadmills? If so, how about:

PG, Zubac and Lou for Khris Middleton and Eric Bledsoe.


With the way PG played, and the rumblings of the friction with Harrell in game 2. It actually wouldn't surprise me if we weren't able to squeeze Shamet out of this as well. Either way, I wouldn't be made at a deal like this.


Shamet is the guy I want man. We'd be getting our starting SG to run next to Giannis during their primes.

Dont think we need to do a complete upheaval but sending out Bled for him and Bev is where I started in the last thread. Fill in whatever peripheral pieces you'd like.


Shamet can shoot the 3 and defend a little, but Donte is significantly better. Shamet was a replacement level player this year, and invisible during the Clippers 3 straight loss collapse.
mediocrityrules
Senior
Posts: 700
And1: 550
Joined: Nov 27, 2013
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#84 » by mediocrityrules » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:23 am

We need a guy who can take the ball down the court, pounding the dribble while having his back to the play before throwing up a really broken looking three ball. I hereby start the campaign to bring back Delly.
Bucksfan28
Head Coach
Posts: 6,068
And1: 2,725
Joined: Nov 15, 2009

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#85 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:07 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
skones wrote:
With the way PG played, and the rumblings of the friction with Harrell in game 2. It actually wouldn't surprise me if we weren't able to squeeze Shamet out of this as well. Either way, I wouldn't be made at a deal like this.


Shamet is the guy I want man. We'd be getting our starting SG to run next to Giannis during their primes.

Dont think we need to do a complete upheaval but sending out Bled for him and Bev is where I started in the last thread. Fill in whatever peripheral pieces you'd like.


Shamet can shoot the 3 and defend a little, but Donte is significantly better. Shamet was a replacement level player this year, and invisible during the Clippers 3 straight loss collapse.


Idk about significantly better, Donte certainly has more dimensions to his game. To me, Shamet is exactly the kind of flamethrowing 3pt shooter you need next to Giannis. Hes young and Bud has a good reputation for player development*.

*Am i sctually remembering that correctly?
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
skones
RealGM
Posts: 28,673
And1: 8,107
Joined: Jul 20, 2004
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#86 » by skones » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:20 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
Shamet is the guy I want man. We'd be getting our starting SG to run next to Giannis during their primes.

Dont think we need to do a complete upheaval but sending out Bled for him and Bev is where I started in the last thread. Fill in whatever peripheral pieces you'd like.


Shamet can shoot the 3 and defend a little, but Donte is significantly better. Shamet was a replacement level player this year, and invisible during the Clippers 3 straight loss collapse.


Idk about significantly better, Donte certainly has more dimensions to his game. To me, Shamet is exactly the kind of flamethrowing 3pt shooter you need next to Giannis. Hes young and Bud has a good reputation for player development*.

*Am i sctually remembering that correctly?


Donte IS significantly better right now.

With that being said, Shamet has the makings of one of those impossible floor warping spacers that you need to track all over the floor as all times. The only reason he's not entirely untouchable is because he hasn't had that breakout yet, and that breakout isn't a guarantee.
User avatar
drone3
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,937
And1: 1,215
Joined: Sep 10, 2015

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#87 » by drone3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:45 am

What are Schroeders pros and cons? Is he actually better than Bled?
midranger
RealGM
Posts: 34,481
And1: 5,755
Joined: May 12, 2002

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#88 » by midranger » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:54 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
skones wrote:
With the way PG played, and the rumblings of the friction with Harrell in game 2. It actually wouldn't surprise me if we weren't able to squeeze Shamet out of this as well. Either way, I wouldn't be made at a deal like this.


Shamet is the guy I want man. We'd be getting our starting SG to run next to Giannis during their primes.

Dont think we need to do a complete upheaval but sending out Bled for him and Bev is where I started in the last thread. Fill in whatever peripheral pieces you'd like.


Shamet can shoot the 3 and defend a little, but Donte is significantly better. Shamet was a replacement level player this year, and invisible during the Clippers 3 straight loss collapse.

I love your shtick.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 16,844
And1: 10,592
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#89 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:12 am

raferfenix wrote:Paul’s team could be talking to the press too. a .


I don’t think he is in this instance but that’s an element of this that can’t be overlooked. Any positive thing someone has to say about Chris Paul as a player is true. He’s one of the best point guards ever. There’s also a real life Cliff Paul who runs his own corporation. NBAPA. State Farm. Media partners . Shoes. Except Cliff Paul the enterprise has some of the same “irksome” energy we seen on the court. It was a perfect storm in OKC for him to excel in both personas. The spacing is trickier in Milwaukee.
ShootingtheJ
Rookie
Posts: 1,012
And1: 380
Joined: Jun 20, 2010

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#90 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:58 am

midranger wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
Shamet is the guy I want man. We'd be getting our starting SG to run next to Giannis during their primes.

Dont think we need to do a complete upheaval but sending out Bled for him and Bev is where I started in the last thread. Fill in whatever peripheral pieces you'd like.


Shamet can shoot the 3 and defend a little, but Donte is significantly better. Shamet was a replacement level player this year, and invisible during the Clippers 3 straight loss collapse.

I love your shtick.


?
KidA24
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,417
And1: 3,031
Joined: Nov 01, 2012

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#91 » by KidA24 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:17 am

chonestown wrote:Out: old guys
In: new guys

imo


Out: Bucks
In: Non-Bucks
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
LuessiT
General Manager
Posts: 7,802
And1: 2,010
Joined: Jan 08, 2016
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#92 » by LuessiT » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:18 am

If CP3 is out, the guys I'm looking at next are CJ McCollum and Kemba. I really want someone who can run the 2 man game with Giannis.
User avatar
mcfromage
Veteran
Posts: 2,553
And1: 556
Joined: May 03, 2007
Location: California

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#93 » by mcfromage » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:12 am

LuessiT wrote:If CP3 is out, the guys I'm looking at next are CJ McCollum and Kemba. I really want someone who can run the 2 man game with Giannis.


I. Want. Beal.
User avatar
drone3
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,937
And1: 1,215
Joined: Sep 10, 2015

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#94 » by drone3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:17 am

Want CP3 or Conley will probably end up with DJ Augustine or Schroeder.
User avatar
Pachinko_
RealGM
Posts: 13,083
And1: 12,612
Joined: Jun 13, 2016
Location: Greece/Australia
   

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#95 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:44 am

I want Michael Jordan, but young.
User avatar
Fotis St
Head Coach
Posts: 7,000
And1: 1,826
Joined: May 05, 2015
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#96 » by Fotis St » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:25 am

Masai Ujiri would just trade for James Harden ... after announcement Giannis & Harden calls and you just shut them up by saying that "Your both Legacy is on the line .... Get to the Finals" and hang up
My draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/Semi Ojeleye/*John Collins, '18 Trade down Devonte Graham/Elie Okobo, Hamidou Diallo, buy a 2nd for Kostas
User avatar
har13
Veteran
Posts: 2,714
And1: 1,264
Joined: Jan 31, 2016
   

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#97 » by har13 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:16 am

Never going to happen lol.

Schroder for Bledsoe and picks

Vucevic, Ross and a pick for Khris and Brook.

Sign Crowder

Mclemore for Pat and a 2 round pick.

Sign a C.


Schroder/ Hill

DDV/Mclemore / Ross

Crowder/ Matthews / Ross

Giannis/ Crowder

Vucevic / Giannis / Someone
Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

User avatar
Fotis St
Head Coach
Posts: 7,000
And1: 1,826
Joined: May 05, 2015
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#98 » by Fotis St » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:47 am

Whats with all this DDV hype? Where does it come from? It ain't his shooting, it aint his pick n roll plays, what is it? Is it fun to watch a short guard dunk? OK.

Bayless was better than DDV has ever been, at least I remember him shooting the 3 at 40%.

What's Donte? He is 23+ and you are acting like he is 19. He wasn't even a starter at Villanova... how do you suggest to be a starter on a Championship team with Giannis demanding guards hitting the 3 at 40%clip?
My draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/Semi Ojeleye/*John Collins, '18 Trade down Devonte Graham/Elie Okobo, Hamidou Diallo, buy a 2nd for Kostas
LuessiT
General Manager
Posts: 7,802
And1: 2,010
Joined: Jan 08, 2016
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#99 » by LuessiT » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:27 am

Fotis St wrote:Whats with all this DDV hype? Where does it come from? It ain't his shooting, it aint his pick n roll plays, what is it? Is it fun to watch a short guard dunk? OK.

Bayless was better than DDV has ever been, at least I remembers him shooting the 3 at 40%.

What's Donte? He is 23+ and you are acting like he is 19. He wasn't even a starter at Villanova... how do you suggest to be a starter on a Championship team with Giannis demanding guards hitting the 3 at 40%clip?


He's #49 in RPM and his advanced stats with Giannis on the floor are nuts. He contributed in a lot more ways than just shooting.
User avatar
tyland
Veteran
Posts: 2,583
And1: 411
Joined: Jun 29, 2006
Location: Australia
Contact:
     

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#100 » by tyland » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:29 am

drone3 wrote:Want CP3 or Conley will probably end up with DJ Augustine or Schroeder.
I'd love Augustin off the bench. Would be very handy running pick n roll. I believe he is a very good shooter off the dribble.

Without having Schroeder's stats in front of me, I believe he has had a good year. Is this an outlier or a result of being used differently? I'm intrigued by him, but not as plan A.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes

Return to Milwaukee Bucks