ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#121 » by machu46 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:31 pm

DingleJerry wrote:I see NO mentioned a lot. Is thee really any indication they're going to do anything but chase the 8 seed? Sure seems to me like they'll continue to do exactly that instead of a teardown.

Nobody really knows what their plans are (I assume they want to win now) but The Athletic reported that they were likely to make significant changes this offseason.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,532

Post#122 » by raferfenix » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:37 pm

Thinking about Paul George as a potential trade target, caught this:

Why Paul George never should have left Indiana

George then shared this odd comment following the game: "I think internally, we always felt this was not a championship-or-bust year for us."

OK.

However, George, of course, chose to leave Indianapolis. The most recent reason he gave was that the Pacers "don't want to win:"

"Cat's like, 'P, I want to play with you. I would love to come with y'all,'" George said of the league's top power forward, though he would not reveal the name of the player, on The Players' Tribune's Knuckleheads Podcast in June. "(But the Pacers) said, 'We're a small market. We can't do it. We're a small market. We can't afford that.' Best power forward wants to come play here and y'all can't make that work? Now I'm (angry). 'What am I doing here? They don't want to win. ... Not everybody chooses Indy.' They didn't want to do it."

Now, of course, there's this:

Read on Twitter

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2020/09/16/paul-george-why-all-star-never-should-have-left-indiana-pacers/5814808002/
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,771

Post#123 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:40 pm

Friendly reminder that I'm still going to will signing Boogie into existence, sorry dorks.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#124 » by FlagsFlyForever » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:44 pm

Paul George could save a child from a burning building and Pacers fans would be like "why didn't he pay for the kid's college fund too?"
Read on Twitter
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#125 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:23 pm

BucksRule18 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:There’s a handful of guys that I think I’d disown the Bucks if they acquired. Beverly is one. One of the biggest douche bags in the game.

Yeah, I tend to agree. There are a very few players in each league that I just can't cheer for even if playing for my team (e.g. Jeffrey Leonard with the Brewers).

What did Jeffrey Leonard do lol?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#126 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:27 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Friendly reminder that I'm still going to will signing Boogie into existence, sorry dorks.

Brook Lopez game. Morris Twin 'tude. Damien Inglis health.

Let's go get 'em.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,667

Post#127 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:29 pm

Would absolutely sign Boogie on the vet minimum to back up Brook once we send RoLo to OKC in the Chris Paul trade.

8-)
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,567

Post#128 » by Frank Nova » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:08 pm

Khris Middleton and DJ Wilson to Portland for CJ McCollum Zach Collins and Gary Trent Jr. Then Bledsoe, Hill, Ersan, Rolo and 24 to OKC for CP3 and Terence Ferguson.

CP3, McCollum, Trent Jr, Giannis, Brook
Mason, Divincenzo, Ferguson, Collins

Maybe try and get someone like DJ Augustine to be the back up PG too. Does that team get to the finals?
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#129 » by LuessiT » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:11 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Khris Middleton and DJ Wilson to Portland for CJ McCollum Zach Collins and Gary Trent Jr. Then Bledsoe, Hill, Ersan, Rolo and 24 to OKC for CP3 and Terence Ferguson.

Maybe try and get someone like DJ Augustine to be the back up PG too. Does that team get to the finals?

We're not going to trade everyone sans Giannis nor is it a good idea.
BucksRule18
Senior
And1: 360

Post#130 » by BucksRule18 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:23 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
BucksRule18 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:There’s a handful of guys that I think I’d disown the Bucks if they acquired. Beverly is one. One of the biggest douche bags in the game.

Yeah, I tend to agree. There are a very few players in each league that I just can't cheer for even if playing for my team (e.g. Jeffrey Leonard with the Brewers).

What did Jeffrey Leonard do lol?

He used to showboat by having one hand (flap) down while rounding the bases after a home run. Announcers would always call him out on it and I used to hate it as a teenager and couldn't stand him. Today I would just laugh about it. I also remember at the time that Brewers fans disliked the signing. Can't remember the specifics though. :)
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,884

Post#131 » by Fotis St » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:24 pm

I just checked if Seth Curry's 3p shooting falls off a cliff at the playoffs... Last 2 years, 22 games he averages 42+ 3P% ... I hope Horst, reads this with his fake realgm account...
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#132 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:33 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Friendly reminder that I'm still going to will signing Boogie into existence, sorry dorks.

Giannis isn't signing off on a guy that threatened to shoot his baby mama. :lol:
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#133 » by DingleJerry » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:37 pm

Fotis St wrote:I just checked if Seth Curry's 3p shooting falls off a cliff at the playoffs... Last 2 years, 22 games he averages 42+ 3P% ... I hope Horst, reads this with his fake realgm account...

Why would Dallas possibly trade him unless you massively overpay? He's perfect fit for them signed on a team friendly long term contract. I've wanted him for years but I don't see why dallas would possibly let him go
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,590

Post#134 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:40 pm

Magic get: Bledsoe, DJ Wilson
Spurs get: Aaron Gordon
Bucks get: Derrick White, Rudy Gay
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#135 » by Fotis St » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:45 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
Fotis St wrote:I just checked if Seth Curry's 3p shooting falls off a cliff at the playoffs... Last 2 years, 22 games he averages 42+ 3P% ... I hope Horst, reads this with his fake realgm account...

Why would Dallas possibly trade him unless you massively overpay? He's perfect fit for them signed on a team friendly long term contract. I've wanted him for years but I don't see why dallas would possibly let him go

Dallas has a hole at the Center position, I think Brook Lopez starts there ... We can shift Giannis to the 5 or get a cheap player like Kaminski to cover the C position or play DJ Wilson at the 5 which I think is his only chance to ever be useful
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,567

Post#136 » by Frank Nova » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:53 pm

LuessiT wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:Khris Middleton and DJ Wilson to Portland for CJ McCollum Zach Collins and Gary Trent Jr. Then Bledsoe, Hill, Ersan, Rolo and 24 to OKC for CP3 and Terence Ferguson.

We're not going to trade everyone sans Giannis nor is it a good idea.

Giannis was apparently the 1 that told Lasry to be “creative” restructuring the roster to fit better around him. Sounds like trading everyone is a great idea actually. Especially considering we’d have 2 closers as lead guards and still Giannis and Brook defending the paint. I’d like to keep Khris but considering he is widely considered a 3rd team all NBA snub, he likely has a pretty significant trade value attached to him now. Get a haul for Khris and trade a haul for CP3. Sounds pretty creative to me.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
BucksRule18
Senior
And1: 360

Post#137 » by BucksRule18 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:00 pm

When do we find out whether Rolo or Wesley opt in or out for next year?
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#138 » by DingleJerry » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:11 pm

Fotis St wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

Dallas has a hole at the Center position, I think Brook Lopez starts there ... We can shift Giannis to the 5 or get a cheap player like Kaminski to cover the C position or play DJ Wilson at the 5 which I think is his only chance to ever be useful

IDK, they have a whole at backup big but I don't see why they'd be desperate. They should be playing Zinger as 5 most times. Surround with shooters, just like Curry.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#139 » by LuessiT » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:17 pm

Fotis St wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

Dallas has Porzingis?!
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#140 » by Fotis St » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:21 pm

LuessiT wrote:
Fotis St wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

Dallas has Porzingis?!

How many minutes does he play the 5 ?
I thought most of his min were at the 4.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks