Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,189

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#1841 » by wallus » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:39 pm

WRau1 wrote:
wallus wrote:Bled, Ersan, DJ, and Robin is my offer to OKC for CP. They can flip Bledsoe for picks. I think the market for CP is vastly overrated. How many teams would take on that contract in this environment?

NYK, PHI, MIN, LAL and recently ORL in addition to us, have all been linked to CP3 the last few days.

Any of those teams going to offer a better headliner than Bledsoe? I know he sucked in the playoffs but he is still a good player.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#1842 » by mke_design » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:45 pm

wallus wrote:
WRau1 wrote:
wallus wrote:Bled, Ersan, DJ, and Robin is my offer to OKC for CP. They can flip Bledsoe for picks. I think the market for CP is vastly overrated. How many teams would take on that contract in this environment?

NYK, PHI, MIN, LAL and recently ORL in addition to us, have all been linked to CP3 the last few days.

Any of those teams going to offer a better headliner than Bledsoe? I know he sucked in the playoffs but he is still a good player.

im thinking were trying to move bled for a bogdon s/t.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,189

Post#1843 » by wallus » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:47 pm

mke_design wrote:
wallus wrote:
WRau1 wrote:

I'd be worried about who would be our PG. George is old and injury prone and Donte didn't do well when he was put in the PG role.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#1844 » by mke_design » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:52 pm

wallus wrote:
mke_design wrote:
wallus wrote:

I'd be worried about who would be our PG. George is old and injury prone and Donte didn't do well when he was put in the PG role.

I mean I would be targeting DJ Augustin
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#1845 » by raferfenix » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:16 pm

Lou Williams is denying that there is beef in the LAC lockerroom but it stands to reason that Tyronne Lue might not be able to solve all their problems on his own.

Los Angeles Clippers guard Lou Williams denied a report from Jovan Buha and Joe Vardon of The Athletic that he, Patrick Beverley and Montrezl Harrell were upset that teammate Kawhi Leonard was allowed to control his load management.

Williams made a comment on Instagram in response to a Bleacher Report post covering the report.

"Dawg, I don't even know what bristle mean," Williams wrote. "Lol @jovanbuha where ya'll get that from? Out ya source."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2913839-lou-williams-denies-rumors-some-clippers-bristled-at-kawhi-leonard-treatment
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#1846 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:00 pm

If Giannis made all the decisions, this team would be MCW, Snell, Middleton, Giannis, and Thon with Kidd as head coach.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,646

Post#1847 » by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:38 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:If Giannis made all the decisions, this team would be MCW, Snell, Middleton, Giannis, and Thon with Kidd as head coach.

and poppa Hammond would still be GM too. :lol:
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#1848 » by blazza18 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:42 pm

Giannis and Paul did a sit down with Obama last year(?) I think and seemed to have gotten on ok. Would be surprised to learn Giannis wouldn't want to play with him.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1849 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:50 pm

blazza18 wrote:Giannis and Paul did a sit down with Obama last year(?) I think and seemed to have gotten on ok. Would be surprised to learn Giannis wouldn't want to play with him.

That’s a couple hours at most. Different than a full season/multiple seasons.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,932

Post#1850 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:59 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Giannis and Paul did a sit down with Obama last year(?) I think and seemed to have gotten on ok. Would be surprised to learn Giannis wouldn't want to play with him.

That’s a couple hours at most. Different than a full season/multiple seasons.

What about the bubble season?
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1851 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:04 pm

Lowe said he’s keeping his eye on Milwaukee for Oladipo...and that’s not what I really want to hear.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Rstuedes24
Pro Prospect
And1: 702

Post#1852 » by Rstuedes24 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:07 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Lowe said he’s keeping his eye on Milwaukee for Oladipo...and that’s not what I really want to hear.

I don’t think it’s a bad idea if it’s along the lines of what we would get CP3 for, but I don’t think Indiana does that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#1853 » by giannis and 1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:10 pm

Krispy Kreme wrote:I've never really pegged Windy as a guy who has too much insight into anything non-Lebron related. I mean we just saw a report last week about how well Giannis and CP3 hit it off in the bubble. Of course that doesn't translate into the wanting to play together, but I definitely wouldn't take Windy's opinion as gospel.

Do you have a link?
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
giannis and 1
Starter

Post#1854 » by giannis and 1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:12 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
drew881 wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Initial CP3/Bucks talk starts at 5:30. At 24:00 they return to CP3/Bucks talk and Windy makes a comment about "I'm not sure it's realistic, because I'm not sure theres a great affinity...well I'm not gonna say." Then around 26:00 Windy says, "It is an interesting trade...I'm just not going to say anything."

Then around 58:00 Pelton throws out the idea of the Bucks making a LAC/OKC Paul George type of deal for Beal, in which the Bucks trade all their picks (unrestricted) for a few years and offer pick swaps. Obviously super risky if Giannis doesn't re-sign.

Sounds like either 1) CP3/Giannis won’t get along or 2) CP3 doesn’t want to live in Milwaukee.

I’m all in on the Beal idea.

I thought there were rumors of CP3 being interested in the Bucks when his value was down last summer? I have a pretty strong hunch Giannis doesn't want to play with CP3 and/or (probably "and" - see his supposed desire to be a non-traditional contender and his past comments about staying in Milwaukee) doesn't want the Bucks to make a short-sighted deal.

How is that a short sighted deal though? Unless you think we are going to give up a lot of young assets like DDV+1st on top of the salary we'd have to get rid of.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
giannis and 1
Starter

Post#1855 » by giannis and 1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:14 pm

Prez wrote:Hopefully if/when it doesn’t happen, we get more insight into why specifically it didn’t. If Giannis thinks it’s a short sighted move and doesn’t think the age/injury/$$$ risks are worth it with CP3, that’s okay I guess? If he just doesn’t like CP3 and doesn’t want to cede some control of the team, that’d be really disappointing.

I'm sorry but I'm just going to say it. Giannis is a dumbass if he doesn't want to learn from a HOFer and one of the best/smartest veterans in the NBA who is still an elite player.
still learning the game

giannis and 1
Starter

Post#1856 » by giannis and 1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:17 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:Maybe... Maybe Giannis doesn't trust CP with respect to his close relationship with Bron.

Or maybe LeBron convinced Paul to come to LA
still learning the game

CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,727

Post#1857 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:22 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:If Giannis made all the decisions, this team would be MCW, Snell, Middleton, Giannis, and Thon with Kidd as head coach.

That's All-NBA First Team All-Wingspan.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
giannis and 1
Starter

Post#1858 » by giannis and 1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:27 pm

WRau1 wrote:So Giannis not signing this offseason could work in our favor. The teams chasing Giannis could hold back on adding salary in hopes of signing him, allowing us to be one of main players in the trade market and potentially adding more value to our (potentially) Giannis-less draft picks.

This would be funny as hell if true.
still learning the game

StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1859 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:30 pm

Lowe said he'd be very surprised if the Bucks don't "something big-ish/medium-size, whatever you consider that kind of trade, Bledsoe and some other stuff for X." Which is what we all expect.

Then Bill Simmons says the CP3 trade is the disaster trade for the Bucks, after he and Lowe both thought that Paul has 3 years left on his deal, which he doesn't.
#FreeChuckDiesel
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,852

Post#1860 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:34 pm

giannis and 1 wrote:How is that a short sighted deal though? Unless you think we are going to give up a lot of young assets like DDV+1st on top of the salary we'd have to get rid of.

Completely screws up their cap for two years and they lose the MLE, plus a ton of depth, for an injury-prone 35-year-old. And regardless of what they could do with the MLE, there's a very good chance Bledsoe and Hill combined will be more valuable than CP3 next year. They certainly were in 2018-19. And yet people talk about the possibility like it's some kind of panacea, as if he wasn't extremely lucky to stay healthy this year and somehow he's more likely to play like he did last year than the previous season despite being older.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks