ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#201 » by skones » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:47 am

Why do people argue with Fotis? Guy's all muffled buried 6 feet under in a casket emblazoned with "ThOn Is A SuPeRsTaR" on it. He's legitimately arguing over the legitimacy of RPM (explicitly stated it was based on a team performance metric when that's explicitly what it tries to eliminate), which he doesn't understand, while simultaneously being oblivious to the other analytical measures that support Donte. (RAPM, PIPM, RAPTOR)

Fotis St wrote:
You are saying, Real Plus Minus based on team perfomance metric, is the factor to be high about someone ?

And then there's THIS:

Fotis St wrote:
Bayless was better than DDV has ever been, at least I remember him shooting the 3 at 40%.

Some guy named pifhluk23 And1'ed it, so I guess RIP him as well. (unless he'd like to pop in and explain that it was facetious)
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#202 » by LuessiT » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:11 am

Another thing that I've not really seen mentioned in depth (hopefully because there is a common understanding) is that if we replace Bledsoe with a player that can't fight over screens we can't play Lopez in a drop coverage. And if we can't play Lopez in a drop coverage I'm not sure we can play him at all.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#203 » by machu46 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:36 am

How did Giannis and Bogdanovic become friends? Just curious how that came about lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,936

Post#204 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:12 am

Bayless better than DiVincenzo? That's gold. Giannis really is a lesser star then, for disliking the bald one on the court & preferring Ragu.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,889

Post#205 » by Fotis St » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:37 am

theFireBlanket wrote:Bayless better than DiVincenzo? That's gold. Giannis really is a lesser star then, for disliking the bald one on the court & preferring Ragu.

Bayless (Mil edition) was a better shooter than BigRagu , idc what you say, I disagree. you can throw me a million stats based on team perfomance... and I am saying that pure personal stats are more important than alot of those RPM, BAM,GDMN, bs ... 3p%/3PA FT% FG% ASS etc , wanna go on deeper stats , start with his OFF dribble shooting % , look at his shotchart, look at his playoff stats, look at his p&r stats, his personal defensive stats ... wanna dive more into evaluation check his muscle% , his work ethic, his interviews for his character etc , his clutch stats... the rest of the stats based on TEAM perfomance are not be rely on as primary evaluation data, they are secondary.

So lets cut the bs and the ego staff, Giannis Playoff Wall demands 40% 3P shooting, anyone at the 33% area can gtfo Team build around Giannis, unless he is a superstar that draws same attention and his defender can't be a brick on Giannis Wall
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#206 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:44 am

This whole idea that 4 Tony Snell's around Giannis is a way to take down the walls he faces is so absurd.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Post#207 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:50 am

Fotis St wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:Bayless better than DiVincenzo? That's gold. Giannis really is a lesser star then, for disliking the bald one on the court & preferring Ragu.

Bayless (Mil edition) was a better shooter than BigRagu , idc what you say, I disagree. you can throw me a million stats based on team perfomance... and I am saying that pure personal stats are more important than alot of those RPM, BAM,GDMN, bs ... 3p% FT% FG% ASS etc , wanna go on deeper stats , start with his OFF dribble shooting % , look at his shotchart, look at his playoff stats, look at his p&r stats, his personal defensive stats ... wanna dive more into evaluation check his muscle% , his work ethic, his interviews for his character etc , his clutch stats... the rest of the stats based on TEAM perfomance are not be rely on as primary evaluation data, they are secondary.

So lets cut the bs and the ego staff, Giannis Playoff Wall demands 40% 3P shooting, anyone at the 33% area can gtfo Team build around Giannis, unless he is a superstar that draws same attention and his defender can't be a brick on Giannis Wall

The wall is already defeated, Bud simply had to move Giannis to the elbow. Bud waited way, way, way too long to make that adjustment, and then Giannis got hurt, but the wall is yesterday's news.

Replace Bledsoe with a shooter, and have Donte continue his natural progression, and we have our floor spacing.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#208 » by Fotis St » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:52 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:This whole idea that 4 Tony Snell's around Giannis is a way to take down the walls he faces is so absurd.

Who said anything about Tony Snell ? The guy was shy and afraid to shoot. I am talking about about 40% 3P at a high clip of 3PA.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#209 » by LuessiT » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:58 am

Fotis St wrote:

Bayless (Mil edition) was a better shooter than BigRagu , idc what you say, I disagree. you can throw me a million stats based on team perfomance... and I am saying that pure personal stats are more important than alot of those RPM, BAM,GDMN, bs ... 3p%/3PA FT% FG% ASS etc , wanna go on deeper stats , start with his OFF dribble shooting % , look at his shotchart, look at his playoff stats, look at his p&r stats, his personal defensive stats ... wanna dive more into evaluation check his muscle% , his work ethic, his interviews for his character etc , his clutch stats... the rest of the stats based on TEAM perfomance are not be rely on as primary evaluation data, they are secondary.

How often did you say 'GET KORVER OUT!!!' vs Miami?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#210 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:00 pm

Fotis St wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:This whole idea that 4 Tony Snell's around Giannis is a way to take down the walls he faces is so absurd.

Who said anything about Tony Snell ? The guy was shy and afraid to shoot. I am talking about about 40% 3P at a high clip of 3PA.

Honestly you could have 4 Duncan Robinson's around Giannis and that wall wouldn't budge. The 1 on 5 Giannis ball doesn't really work.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#211 » by Fotis St » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:04 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Fotis St wrote:

Honestly you could have 4 Duncan Robinson's around Giannis and that wall wouldn't budge. The 1 on 5 Giannis ball doesn't really work.

I am sure Dragic, Seth, Bogdanovic, (edit: and Vucevic) around Giannis just destroying any Wall defense
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#212 » by raferfenix » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:23 pm

Prez wrote:Bogdan needs to be a Buck. Friends with Giannis, Vlade’s out in SAC, fits like a glove on the Bucks for what they need, and he’s probably not thrilled with being in SAC long term. Feel like he’s super attainable if they go for it.

Curious where the ‘friends with Giannis’ report is coming from?

And what do we think our best offer is?

Pacers pick would be hard to deal as part of a sign and trade due to sequencing.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,653

Post#213 » by Matches Malone » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:29 pm

Fotis St wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Fotis St wrote:

I am sure Dragic, Seth, Bogdanovic, (edit: and Vucevic) around Giannis just destroying any Wall defense

Let's be honest here. As soon as any of those guys put on a Bucks uniform, they'll all forget how to shoot, especially in the playoffs. #BucksCurse :lol: :(
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#214 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:40 pm

Fotis St wrote:I am sure Dragic, Seth, Bogdanovic, (edit: and Vucevic) around Giannis just destroying any Wall defense

I would argue that the scenarios where Giannis runs head down into defenses that we consider the walls that not much changes with those guys replacing our current group but at the same time I think Dragic presents a perfect case where his shooting wouldn't be anywhere near the most valuable thing he brings in those cases (and honestly hasn't been at almost any point in his career).
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Post#215 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:44 pm

Fotis St wrote:

Bayless shot the 3 at .336% as a 3rd year pro. Donte shot exactly the same this last year. Stop pretending like Donte is destined to be a bad shooter, the evidence just isn't there.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,164

Post#216 » by DingleJerry » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:54 pm

Sure prime Bayless was a better shooter/bucket getter than DDV. DDV is better at literally everything else on the court though and is like 22 years old. If someone watched DDV and didn't see what he can do for a team I question anything they say about basketball. He's exactly what winning teams need. Sure he sucked in the bubble but there's no reason he shouldn't bounce back and then if he ticks up his shooting one notch you're gold with him. His form is fine, it should happen. He's also one of the few on the team who can attack a close out and attempts shooting off the dribble.

Note I'm also not a Bayless hater like many here. That's the type of guy we could use off the bench now who can shoot and make some things happen. Probably tried to do too much in his time here, but the team sucked for the most part, can't blame him too much. His skills properly coached in the right role as a backup G would be welcomed.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#217 » by emunney » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:04 pm

Just remembered that Philly/Colangelo gave Bayless 3/27 *after* his stint with us. And then, like a river inevitably to the ocean: China.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
BucksRule18
Senior
And1: 360

Post#218 » by BucksRule18 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:44 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Fotis St wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Honestly you could have 4 Duncan Robinson's around Giannis and that wall wouldn't budge. The 1 on 5 Giannis ball doesn't really work.

Let's be honest here. As soon as any of those guys put on a Bucks uniform, they'll all forget how to shoot, especially in the playoffs. #BucksCurse :lol: :(

Maybe it has something to do with Bud having complete control over everything the team does. I know if my boss was standing over my shoulder directing every single thing I do, I would be half as productive. Players may not be as invested / focused if standing in a corner waiting for a pass that may never come, especially with Giannis going 1 against 5.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#219 » by Fotis St » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:48 pm

I am not a hater of anyone. Just to clear my point...

Donte in his two NBA Seasons has 105/330 3ps , that's 31.8% career.
He is not 19, he is not 22, he will be 24 in January...
Divincenzo on his rookie contract is going to cost us $3,044,160 (we could pay 2 vets on minimum or 2 Undrafted FAs)

This is why I asked what's the hype ?
Cause I saw alot here not wanting to include him on some trades.
You answered with RPM and other advanced stats. OK we disagree , keep it polite.

Anyway I think he should be tradeable, and if by the midseason trade period begins he hasn't improve his 3P% he should be traded or gone. For me I would trade him for a 1 or 2 2nd round picks , to pick up some shooters in this draft, on more team friendly rookie contracts.

Same goes for DJ Wilson, unless we play him the 5 or something, they are paid too much to what they provide.
These look like "overpaid rookie contracts" to me. The Houston Rockets and Miami Heat are the best at finding and signing UFAs team friendly deals with multiple Team Options... Here we are with Horst, paying his 1st Round Picks multiple millions just to have a chance maybe they break out and he will be considered good at Drafting.

DJ Wilson $ 4,548,280
Donte DV $ 3,044,160

Total ..... $ 7,592,440
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#220 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:49 pm

emunney wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
emunney wrote:
You need multiple superstars like the Heat.

Or guys who play like ones come playoff time anyway.

I don't think they have any one player consistently playing at that level. Just everybody playing well and in perfect coordination.

And have guys throwing in fall away buzzer beating 3 point bankers.....They made some absolutely bonkers shots last night.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks