Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#761 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:37 am

Beorn wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:If Millsap was willing to sign cheap, would you take him as the backup PF?

He looked cooked in the bubble :(

Agree, he's too slow. We need to get quicker at that spot.

I'm afraid we'll make that mistake though, just like with Robin. We'll find out whose in charge, if Millsap ends up here, then Buds has too much power.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#762 » by giannis and 1 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:48 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:If Millsap was willing to sign cheap, would you take him as the backup PF?

Can we please target players that are much younger than that? If he was 30/31 that’s one thing, but the guy is 35.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#763 » by emunney » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:52 am

I want to get younger but I'd certainly make an exception for Millsap in Ersan's minutes.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,278

Post#764 » by fan230 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:38 am

We cannot afford to make changes at the fringes. We have to go all out. This is our last chance to retain Giannis and thus retain our championship dreams.

I see 2 alternative paths:

1) keep Giannis and Khris. Trade whoever else and draft picks and pay big money to get a 3rd star like Chris Paul who is old.

2) Keep Giannis. Trade Khris, whoever else, draft picks, to get a 2nd star who is decidedly superior to Khris. Who would that be? Embiid is an example of such a star, but it could be Damian Lillard. Someone of that caliber.
Not Westbrook or George in my opinion.
Unique
Junior
And1: 373

Post#765 » by Unique » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:33 am

Keep the same team. Replace Bledsoe for Ruby = Win.

And fix the coaching.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,869

Post#766 » by Fotis St » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:09 pm

Unique wrote:Keep the same team. Replace Bledsoe for Ruby = Win.

And fix the coaching.

So we basically gamble all our chips into Rubio's playoff 3p shooting ...

The regular season will be super fun to watch with Rubio's playmaking added.
Will he shoot well behind Giannis wall? Maybe he does, who knows ? It's still a huge gamble to only obtain Rubio, we need 3p snipers (We can trade down for multiple picks and get 2 shooters and an athletic Forward )
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#767 » by Fotis St » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:19 pm

Noah Vonleh on minimum to use him against Adebayo would be a nice add
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#768 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:33 pm

Fotis St wrote:Noah Vonleh on minimum to use him against Adebayo would be a nice add

Vonleh would be a good target, though I think there will be some competition for him.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#769 » by Fotis St » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:48 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Fotis St wrote:Noah Vonleh on minimum to use him against Adebayo would be a nice add

Vonleh would be a good target, though I think there will be some competition for him.

This is why I am Furious for paying DJ Wilson 4+ M this season
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#770 » by Fotis St » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:21 pm

OMG... it seems that the Sixers are going to hire D'Antoni and Embiid is going to get traded... some said that he is going to play Tobias at the 4, so I guess Horford (untradeable) is going to be his 5 and Embiid is on the trade block. If they trade Embiid for Harden ... the Sixers become really dangerous for us. The East with the return of Durant,Kyrie and maybe Harden to the Sixers ... looks like our ECF power horse years are over ... we need to homerun this off-season
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#771 » by machu46 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:33 pm

Fotis St wrote:
Unique wrote:Keep the same team. Replace Bledsoe for Ruby = Win.

And fix the coaching.

So we basically gamble all our chips into Rubio's playoff 3p shooting ...

The regular season will be super fun to watch with Rubio's playmaking added.
Will he shoot well behind Giannis wall? Maybe he does, who knows ? It's still a huge gamble to only obtain Rubio, we need 3p snipers (We can trade down for multiple picks and get 2 shooters and an athletic Forward )

Alternative plan: teach Giannis how to attack the defense before they form a wall. The main point of theoretically getting Rubio is so you can give him the ball and not even worry about the wall being a thing. There is no wall if Giannis is catching the ball while rolling/cutting to the rim.

It would obviously be nice if we could actually make open shots against the wall defense, but the reason defenses are willing and able to use the wall is because we just isolate Giannis at the top of the 3 point line and let him take his time while the wall forms and because the math would tell you it's better to give up an open 3 than an easy dunk. No matter who our shooters are, that math will still ring true. So the options are basically, settle for a worse (but still very good) shot, or you tweak the offense so that teams aren't able to set up a wall anymore. Rubio addresses the latter of the two options. Chris Paul for example would address both. Some of the other names being thrown out there would address neither.

Fotis St wrote:OMG... it seems that the Sixers are going to hire D'Antoni and Embiid is going to get traded... some said that he is going to play Tobias at the 4, so I guess Horford (untradeable) is going to be his 5 and Embiid is on the trade block. If they trade Embiid for Harden ... the Sixers become really dangerous for us. The East with the return of Durant,Kyrie and maybe Harden to the Sixers ... looks like our ECF power horse years are over ... we need to homerun this off-season

I'll believe it when I see it. Horford isn't untradeable; they just probably won't like what else they have to attach to get off him/how poor the return is. Simmons is arguably a worse fit with D'Antoni than Embiid too so who knows?
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#772 » by raferfenix » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:03 pm

I like the Chris Paul scenarios since he theoretically would not require us to strip the cupboards bare of assets to acquire.

That is a stark contrast from trades involving Middleton or even BroLo where we would likely be creating a significant hole in order to upgrade elsewhere.

However if CP3 gets hurt at the wrong time or pulls a Gary Payton we would be stuck. He'd be a massive expiring contract next offseason but we'd have even fewer resources to pair with that to upgrade the team than now.

If the issue is more fit or cultural where the team isn't stepping up in the playoffs we might need a more significant change.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#773 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:09 pm

emunney wrote:I want to get younger but I'd certainly make an exception for Millsap in Ersan's minutes.

Read my mind. The impetus for that thought was a Bled/Ersan/24 for Dinwiddie/Prince/TLC trade, leaving Ersan's minutes open.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,457

Post#774 » by Matches Malone » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:33 pm

Would be funny if Philly traded away Embiid.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#775 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:35 pm

Fotis St wrote:OMG... it seems that the Sixers are going to hire D'Antoni and Embiid is going to get traded... some said that he is going to play Tobias at the 4, so I guess Horford (untradeable) is going to be his 5 and Embiid is on the trade block. If they trade Embiid for Harden ... the Sixers become really dangerous for us. The East with the return of Durant,Kyrie and maybe Harden to the Sixers ... looks like our ECF power horse years are over ... we need to homerun this off-season

Wow, Harden would fit perfectly with Philly. And I always thought Harris was more effective at the 4.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#776 » by emunney » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:44 pm

Can't see Houston trading Harden for Embiid. I wonder if Portland could put something together without including Dame. They've got some significant MDA-friendly pieces.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,597

Post#777 » by tski1972 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:22 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Would be funny if Philly traded away Embiid.

I’m all in for the “the process” jokes.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,122

Post#778 » by DingleJerry » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:27 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Would be funny if Philly traded away Embiid.

I actually agree or at least don't think it's crazy. He's an injury waiting to happen(especially if he refuses to lose weight), cash him out for something big while you can right now. Essentially what we should've done with Jabari. With that said, I need it to be a massive price someone pays for him, essentially I'm doing it because you should be able to get a ton back. If you get lowballed then yea just keep him. Besides that add the poor fit with Simmons and I think it makes sense.

Spitballing, something based around CP3 and some of those first OKC is sitting on. Someone else said Harden, yea I'd be all over that if I was them.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#779 » by machu46 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:32 pm

emunney wrote:Can't see Houston trading Harden for Embiid. I wonder if Portland could put something together without including Dame. They've got some significant MDA-friendly pieces.

Portland has been the one I've been thinking of as well. There was some speculation about a Simmons for McCollum + ______ swap a month or two ago but I think an Embiid for McCollum + Nurkic + _______ makes more sense for both teams.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#780 » by leroyjw10 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:39 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
emunney wrote:I want to get younger but I'd certainly make an exception for Millsap in Ersan's minutes.

Read my mind. The impetus for that thought was a Bled/Ersan/24 for Dinwiddie/Prince/TLC trade, leaving Ersan's minutes open.

I initially liked that trade, but there are some rough shooting numbers coming over (Dinwiddie: 31% from 3, Prince 34%). At least Prince has a history of being better. Dinwiddie ... not so much.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks