Analyst
And1: 2,061

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - RoLo Declines Option 

Post#81 » by mke_design » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:51 pm

thonnisbeastley wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
mke_design wrote:
What world do you live in?

The world in which Horst screwed the pooch by extending Bledsoe without needing to, let Brogdon go, didn't get any additional ball-handlers last offseason, and wasted two valuable spots on RoLo and Thanasis? The path for improvement is narrow. There's a way to do it, but Horst shot himself in the foot twice. Even if you're not of the opinion that bringing back Brogdon would have gotten Milwaukee to the Finals, at the very least it would be nice to have him as a trade asset right now. Bledose could have been dangled as an expiring this last season. Now it's likely that getting rid of Bledsoe requires Donte or the #24. There are some options in free agency that are appealing, but Horst has his work cut out for him to get younger and more dynamic without mortgaging the future.

Don't forget the atrocious Middleton contract!

:crazy:
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#82 » by WRau1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:52 pm

I'd bet that Robin resigns for the vet minimum.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
thonnisbeastley
Pro Prospect
And1: 673

Post#83 » by thonnisbeastley » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:55 pm

mke_design wrote:
thonnisbeastley wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
The world in which Horst screwed the pooch by extending Bledsoe without needing to, let Brogdon go, didn't get any additional ball-handlers last offseason, and wasted two valuable spots on RoLo and Thanasis? The path for improvement is narrow. There's a way to do it, but Horst shot himself in the foot twice. Even if you're not of the opinion that bringing back Brogdon would have gotten Milwaukee to the Finals, at the very least it would be nice to have him as a trade asset right now. Bledose could have been dangled as an expiring this last season. Now it's likely that getting rid of Bledsoe requires Donte or the #24. There are some options in free agency that are appealing, but Horst has his work cut out for him to get younger and more dynamic without mortgaging the future.

20/21 - 33M
21/22 - 35.5M
22/23 - 37.9M
23/24 - 40.4M
:noway:
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#84 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:56 pm

I know BKN wants to retain Joe Harris and he seems to like it there, but I don't see how they'd be able to offer him even the full MLE (unless I'm misunderstanding the hard-cap rules). In any event, that'd be a great MLE candidate.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,788

Post#85 » by SirChurros » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:57 pm

mke_design wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
mke_design wrote:
Uh, why would you want Hill gone lol.

Also will never understand what this board sees in DDV so much.

how does this relate
The original thought was that he didn't care if they got rid of anyone other than Giannis or DDV.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#86 » by LuessiT » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:58 pm

thonnisbeastley wrote:
mke_design wrote:
thonnisbeastley wrote:Don't forget the atrocious Middleton contract!

20/21 - 33M
21/22 - 35.5M
22/23 - 37.9M
23/24 - 40.4M

Yeah, so atrocious that every good team would love to trade for him if he was available. :noway:
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#87 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:58 pm

thonnisbeastley wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
mke_design wrote:
What world do you live in?

Middleton was great this year. Played up to his contract and then some.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#88 » by James1980 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:58 pm

ReddoverKobe wrote:I feel like its about to get real wild here the next two days before the draft. I just hope the bucks can pull something off.

It's crazy that the draft is in 2 days.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#89 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:59 pm

I actually kind of wanted RoLo in that GSW Bogut token starting center role. That way you can play Giannis at center a lot and combine Brook's value and salary slot with Bledsoe's in a trade for a lead guard.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#90 » by mke_design » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:01 pm

Krispy Kreme wrote:
mke_design wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
Also will never understand what this board sees in DDV so much.

how does this relate
The original thought was that he didn't care if they got rid of anyone other than Giannis or DDV.

Oh yeah, sorry my eyes glazed over in disbelief as soon as I saw he wanted Hill gone, knowing what the answer was going to be before I asked.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
thonnisbeastley
Pro Prospect

Post#91 » by thonnisbeastley » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:02 pm

LuessiT wrote:
thonnisbeastley wrote:
mke_design wrote:

20/21 - 33M
21/22 - 35.5M
22/23 - 37.9M
23/24 - 40.4M

Yeah, so atrocious that every good team would love to trade for him if he was available. :noway:

It is atrocious. Not sure every good team would love to trade for him either. He's not a max player. If Giannis leaves, we're screwed.
The most any team outside of MIL could have offered him was 4/140. Giannis took less than the max to help the team out. Middleton Kashed in, but he wasn't worth more than 5/150.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#92 » by blazza18 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:03 pm

LuessiT wrote:
thonnisbeastley wrote:
mke_design wrote:

20/21 - 33M
21/22 - 35.5M
22/23 - 37.9M
23/24 - 40.4M

Things I'd love to see.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#93 » by blazza18 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:05 pm

Rolo declining his player option is pretty wild.

I don't know if the signing goes down as a win or a loss for Horsty.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#94 » by LuessiT » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:07 pm

thonnisbeastley wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
thonnisbeastley wrote:20/21 - 33M
21/22 - 35.5M
22/23 - 37.9M
23/24 - 40.4M

It is atrocious.

That's your personal opinon and based on everything we know it's just flat wrong. Put Middleton on the market right now and you probably can fetch the top pick in this draft. Potentially letting him leave knowing where he is now would have been malpractice.
CJTURT
Veteran
And1: 928

Post#95 » by CJTURT » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:12 pm

LuessiT wrote:
thonnisbeastley wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

It is atrocious.

That's your personal opinon and based on everything we know it's just flat wrong. Put Middleton on the market right now and you probably can fetch the top pick in this draft. Potentially letting him leave knowing where he is now would have been malpractice.

The top pick? No
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#96 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:18 pm

Did Wes officially opt out yet, or is that just an assumption?
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Post#97 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:19 pm

mke_design wrote:
CJTURT wrote:
mke_design wrote:
Uh, why would you want Hill gone lol.

Because he quit on us in the playoffs this year and encouraged others too as well.

Ah, one of those. Need not say more.

I dont want Hill gone and I support his decision last year regarding the protests but I still don't fully trust him. He has always seemed a little flaky from what I heard and seemed way too comfortable on his farm. Hopefully next year is a new year, but I don't think he is 'win at all costs' type vet.

The guy was great for us last year, but is also 34 years old. He's on a short deal and has a defined role. I don't think people should feel too strongly one way or another.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#98 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:20 pm

CJTURT wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
thonnisbeastley wrote:It is atrocious.

The top pick? No

He's worth more than the top pick in this draft - easily.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
thonnisbeastley
Pro Prospect

Post#99 » by thonnisbeastley » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:22 pm

LuessiT wrote:
thonnisbeastley wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

It is atrocious.

Well, agree to disagree. I could say the same thing based on everything we know. He doesn't make the all-star team without Giannis. He doesn't put up the efficiency without Giannis giving him space. His defense is nowhere near the level it was pre-hamstring injury. Last year was the first time he's ever been in shape to start the season, due to team USA activities...Sure, he's a great player. But he's not a max-level player worth $33-40M per. He's not a number 1 option for a contender. Barely even a number 2. He only shows up 1/2 of the time in the playoffs. His contract completely hamstrings us moving forward, 5/150 was far more reflective of who he is as a player(to me).
CJTURT
Veteran
And1: 928

Post#100 » by CJTURT » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:24 pm

Ruzious wrote:
CJTURT wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

The top pick? No

He's worth more than the top pick in this draft - easily.

What’s your reasoning on that? Worth more than anyone in the draft just this year, or for the foreseeable future?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks