ImageImage

Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday - Trade done - Bucks 2022 to CLE unprotected

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday - Trade done - Bucks 2022 to CLE unprotected 

Post#1001 » by Iheartfootball » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:33 am

Owners are asset managers. This is not effective asset management.
CJTURT
Veteran
And1: 928

Post#1002 » by CJTURT » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:35 am

Profound23 wrote:All the firsts given up for Hill, Bledsoe only to combine them with more first for Holiday is scary.

There will be a lot of pressure on Holiday.....and if we don't retain him we are screwed.

He’s the key to all this working out. The good thing is, if he shyts down his leg we don’t have to keep him and promise Giannis something better. I like this team tho. Young and athletic!!
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#1003 » by trwi7 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:42 am

CJTURT wrote:promise Giannis something better.

Giannis isn't stupid. If this doesn't work, we're ****.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#1004 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:52 am

Bledsoe always had issues with nerves on big games, there are many articles about how he battled it with yoga and breathing techniques etc, but he was never 100% successful.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
CJTURT
Veteran
And1: 928

Post#1005 » by CJTURT » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:01 am

trwi7 wrote:
CJTURT wrote:promise Giannis something better.

Giannis isn't stupid. If this doesn't work, we're ****.

You just had to pick that part out. That’s why I’m saying he shouldn’t sign now. He probably won’t. Until next offseason
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#1006 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:05 am

Ayt wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
nips82 wrote:
Wait. You’re right. Those Clippers playoff games 10 years ago when he was putting up 5 or 6 shots a game does boost his playoff fg% a little. Still not as good as Holiday but you’re right. I look stupid. :crazy:

Omg please stop this is even worse. It's painful to watch. You can't say he was only shooting 5 or 6 times a game as evidence of his reduced role and simultaneously imply those attempts are skewing his stats. Those are direct contradictions and belie some disturbing confusion about 5th-grade math concepts. Basing everything on a few series is just so incredibly dumb. Bledsoe was never a good fit and good teams exploited it as they advanced in the playoffs, as happens to every team when they're not good enough to win a title, but I've lost all respect for posters who have made him the fall guy. Tons of guys played like absolute trash in the bubble and especially against Miami. Giannis's selfishness and decision-making was disgraceful but everyone seems to have completely forgotten that somehow while deluding themselves that moving on from Bledsoe, at an all-time embarrassing cost, is going to fix it.

Explain his play against Toronto and the year prior against Boston.

Better teams exposing a player's flaws on a team that doesn't make adjustment and on which he's not a good fit, compounding the problem. Also, it's not at all uncommon for player's to perform worse in the playoffs than the regular season. In fact, as you advance in the playoffs to the point where you're playing top-4 seeds, it's the norm, simply because the competition is better. He drops off more in the playoffs than most players, but to cite his 32% shooting against Miami after recovering from covid, when basically everyone else except Brook and Wes was playing like **** as well, as if it's gospel is just utter bull****, and the front office overreacted with a casual fan crackpot move that will probably cripple the franchise for a decade. Bledsoe's career playoff fg% is 44% and Jrue's is 45%. Jrue's more efficient because of 3's and is a better decision-maker, but he will have plenty of bad moments too because all players make mistakes. I'm sure they will be better in the playoffs simply because I firmly believe the bubble was a fluke and Jrue is better (don't put words in my mouth and say I'm denying that), but I don't even think they're as good as they were two years ago, let alone closer to a title, and to give up all those picks for this is just mind-numbingly stupid.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#1007 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:12 am

I always thought of Jrue as a smaller Kawhi

That Jrue/Craig/DDV/Giannis line up with Khris or Brook (depending on matchups) can really shut down teams if needed.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,823

Post#1008 » by tydett » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:37 am

blazza18 wrote:There is no stopping Horsts ability to hand over unprotected first round picks.

If Jon Horst forking over first rounders was a person, and it fought against Jon Horst giving out player's options (who is also a person), who would win in a fight?
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,523

Post#1009 » by drone3 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:37 am

Pachinko_ wrote:I always thought of Jrue as a smaller Kawhi

That Jrue/Craig/DDV/Giannis line up with Khris or Brook (depending on matchups) can really shut down teams if needed.
That's what I'm talking about, if we could add Dialo Mutumbo it would be nuts. Jrue and Dialo were on NOLA for a while.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#1010 » by buckboy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:48 am

leroyjw10 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Ok guys---our 2022 first rounder (going to Cleveland from the George Hill/Henson/Delly contract dump deal two years ago) is now officially unprotected. And we had to send a future 2nd to CLE also.

Per Hollinger:

One thing we’ve learned already: The first-round pick Milwaukee owes Cleveland in 2022 is now completely unprotected. The Bucks sent Cleveland a second-round pick in 2025 to change the protection on this pick, which was necessary in order to complete the Jrue Holiday trade. I thought the Bucks would at least give themselves a little protection in 2022 before going to unprotected in 2023, but I guess not. It’s nice a little gift for the Cavs, who now have a not-so-subtle incentive to root for Giannis to skip town in 2021.

So basically they traded Delly, Henson and two 1sts for 1.5 years of George Hill. Cool cool cool.

Pretty sure it's just the one first.

Also, not related to that, the 2022 unprotected stuff wouldn't have mattered if the Bucks would've simply picked for Denver this year. Then it would've conveyed next year.

Another stupid mistake unless I'm missing something.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#1011 » by tedbrogen » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:54 am

emunney wrote:
El Duderino wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:Why would we have to give up more?

Yea, i don't get why the Cavs now get an unprotected pick in 2022

We had to assure the pick would be conveyed in 2022 to fit all the picks to NO in the Stepien rule time window. Legally, we could not have given up more. Or we would have!

Could have given more technically. 21 and 23 pick swaps, BABY!
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#1012 » by buckbeer » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:40 am

Jrue / Augustin / Adams
DDV / Forbes / Merrill

Our backcourt is better than last season especially offensively.

I'm fine with not getting Bogdan, he has become too expensive at $18M per year, Forbes and Augustin can replace the offensive production at lower price. I'd rather the Bucks use the money to extend Jrue.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#1013 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:52 am

leroyjw10 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Ok guys---our 2022 first rounder (going to Cleveland from the George Hill/Henson/Delly contract dump deal two years ago) is now officially unprotected. And we had to send a future 2nd to CLE also.

Per Hollinger:

One thing we’ve learned already: The first-round pick Milwaukee owes Cleveland in 2022 is now completely unprotected. The Bucks sent Cleveland a second-round pick in 2025 to change the protection on this pick, which was necessary in order to complete the Jrue Holiday trade. I thought the Bucks would at least give themselves a little protection in 2022 before going to unprotected in 2023, but I guess not. It’s nice a little gift for the Cavs, who now have a not-so-subtle incentive to root for Giannis to skip town in 2021.

So basically they traded Delly, Henson and two 1sts for 1.5 years of George Hill. Cool cool cool.

We traded a 1 first for .5 years of Hill and to get ride of Henson/Delly. I think it was an added bonus Hill was worth keeping around.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#1014 » by buckbeer » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:55 am

Bogdan $72M for 4 years ($18M per year) is a very risky contract that could turn out badly, it's wise for the Bucks to give it a pass.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#1015 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:58 am

emunney wrote:
El Duderino wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:Why would we have to give up more?

Yea, i don't get why the Cavs now get an unprotected pick in 2022

We had to assure the pick would be conveyed in 2022 to fit all the picks to NO in the Stepien rule time window. Legally, we could not have given up more. Or we would have!

Why? Couldn't it be conveyed in 2023 and we would still have 2024 or an I missing something? Jesus, at least give us a runway to compete if it all blows up. If we lose Jrue and Giannis in 2021, the 2022 pick could legitimately the #1 pick.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,186

Post#1016 » by skones » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:21 am

Obviously hate the deal given the draft capital we included in the deal. With that being said, it does not mean I think Jrue isn't a very good player. I just think he's on the same relative plane as Bledsoe. The difference, and the most important thing here, is the way he operates in the lane. Bledsoe was helter skelter, full throttle, get to the rim. Jrue is far more patient, with more finesse, despite his ability to use his frame and bump guys to get extra space. THAT is the thing that could really pay dividends for us. With Bled, if he got deep, a shot was going to be forced. That's not a foregone conclusion with Holiday and it offers more opportunities on the backside as well as in rhythm kickouts instead of the bail out, "I've left my feet" passes Bled would toss.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#1017 » by TroyD92 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:03 pm

They better be 100% sure Giannis is resigning or I might be done following this team..
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1018 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:35 pm

Any particular reason? It seems odd, because Kawhi's is FAR more productive and more efficient - in addition to be amazing defensively.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#1019 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:56 pm

Kawhi doesn't defend like he used to. But ... So they traded Baby Bron for Baby Kawhi? Got to see where his hand length ranks with Giannis' & Kawhi.

:Image

Baby Leonard hands. :lol:
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#1020 » by emunney » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:22 pm

CJTURT wrote:
Profound23 wrote:All the firsts given up for Hill, Bledsoe only to combine them with more first for Holiday is scary.

There will be a lot of pressure on Holiday.....and if we don't retain him we are screwed.

He’s the key to all this working out. The good thing is, if he shyts down his leg we don’t have to keep him and promise Giannis something better. I like this team tho.
Young and athletic!!

This will be a very good team but which players fit this description?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks