Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday - Trade done - Bucks 2022 to CLE unprotected 

Post#1121 » by soxperry » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:32 pm

These Jrue videos have me rock hard....

I cant believe he is a Buck.

The biggest thing for me is how easy he makes things look. He's just playing within himself. Cat like reflexes. Smart. Athletic. Great touch around the rim. He can pass!

If he's a Buck for the next five seasons its going to be one hell of a ride..

And we will have gotten him for RJ Hampton and a couple of DJ Wilsons.

Remarkable.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#1122 » by soxperry » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:42 pm

jrue on wide open 3s last three seasons: 17: 36%, 18: 37%, 19: 40%

And he only got around 2.4 attempts per game last season. If hes playing SG that number is going to skyrocket with Giannis.

Also, didnt get many of them but 39 and 45% from corner 3 spots last season.

So dude can clearly knock em down when the circumstances are favorable. Im assuming he was forcing it more in New Orleans and wont have to do that here. Beautiful.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#1123 » by buckbeer » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:05 pm

Jrue's Training To Join His New Team The Milwaukee Bucks

Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,202

Post#1124 » by Chad34 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 1:28 am

This man is impressive and dominant on defense. looking forward to seeing him on the bucks. hopefully he'll resign
Chad34
RealGM

Post#1125 » by Chad34 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 5:13 pm

crowhead76
Rookie
And1: 877

Post#1126 » by crowhead76 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 5:46 pm

Dealing with people who exhibit the "smartest person in the room" syndrome can be a challenge. One approach is to listen their opinion while also encouraging open-mindedness. It's important to create an environment where all voices are valued.
Chad34
RealGM

Post#1127 » by Chad34 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 6:14 pm

crowhead76 wrote:

massive upgrade imo
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,176

Post#1128 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Dec 2, 2020 6:34 pm

My two biggest gripes with Bledsoe were that at times he played out of control and made poor decisions with the basketball. Holiday appears to be an upgrade in both of those areas. Higher BBIQ, more patience.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#1129 » by BucksFanSD » Wed Dec 2, 2020 6:42 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
Prez wrote:He’s so damn good. Been watching a lot of him the past couple days and it’s surreal he’s on the Bucks. Unbelievably good defensively and so crafty offensively. Easily the best trio in the East, and I don’t think 07 Timmy/Tony/Manu level is unreachable. Manu obviously better than Khris, but Giannis better than 07 Timmy and I’d take Jrue over Parker.

Mortgaging our future away still makes me uneasy, but gotta believe he and Giannis re-up. Jrue covering for Khris's pube outings will be such a welcome sight.

I sort of saw this coming as for most contending teams it is what they do these day, and probably are pleasing their current stars wishes and easing their jealousy by adding another star. Trades for Paul George, Anthony Davis, and now Jrue. This is the new norm to mortgage the future if you are a contender.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#1130 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Dec 2, 2020 6:43 pm

oh my... why would he leave unless we lowballed him
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#1131 » by raferfenix » Wed Dec 2, 2020 6:52 pm

Good article!

Trying to get hype for Jrue.

Promising for our chances at an extension too (losing him for nothing would be a calamity):

Following the postseason disappointments and with Giannis’ impending free agency at the forefront of conversations across the league, Milwaukee was forced to push all of its chips into the center of the table, but they walked away with one of the most undervalued two-way veterans in the league. Jrue Holiday came at no slight cost to them as general manger Jon Horst had to part with two integral contributors in Eric Bledsoe and George Hill in addition to three first round picks and rights to swap in two future drafts.

“That made me love Milwaukee right away,” Lauren said. “I feel like Jrue has been undervalued. Obviously, I’m his wife so I think the world of him, but I feel like he’s been undervalued in the league: his skill, what he offers to a team, leadership wise in the locker room. I feel like Jrue truly invests in people. He has a heart for people and has a very loyal attitude towards an organization. And then on the court speaks for itself. It felt good for a team to show him how valued he is.”

“I’m not usually the type to be excited about somebody trying to woo me, but it felt good,” Jrue said in reference to what the Bucks gave up to acquire him. “It felt good to see how much they respect and value me.”

The Holiday family couldn’t hide their excitement for an upcoming season bound to place Jrue in position to reach the playoffs for just the fifth time in what will be his 12th NBA season. After reaching a conference semifinals in just his third campaign, he’d fail to do so again until his ninth (2017-18) and has not reached the playoffs since.

What Holiday is bringing to the Bucks is two-fold: a two-time finisher on the All-Defensive team, whose versatility offers the capablilty of defending all five positions when needed, and one of the most all-around offensive contributors in the game today. Jrue’s scoring and playmaking talents have stood out in the league over the past five seasons, joining LeBron, Chris Paul, James Harden, Damian Lillard, Russell Westbrook and Kyle Lowry as the only players to accrue 6,000 points and 2,000 assists during that time span.

“I’m really excited,” Jrue said as he spoke of Giannis. “Just going up against him, guarding him, seeing him go up against Anthony has been super exciting. Now it’s a new chapter where I get to play with this guy who’s the (two-time) MVP. He does everything. I don’t know what he can’t do. I’m here to help, I’m here to support, but I’m also here to win.”

“I tell my husband this all the time, ‘I need a week,’” Lauren said. “You gotta give me a week to process it, get the logistics of it and then I’ll be on board. I just feel like New Orleans will always have a piece of our heart. Now we’re hoping to make Milwaukee home the same way we did New Orleans.”

Take good care of the Holidays, Bucks fans. You’re going to soon fall in love with the whole family.

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2020/12/2/21867891/jrue-holiday-giannis-nba-new-orleans-pelicans-lauren-milwaukee-bucks-mike-guevara-nba-smoothie-king
Rstuedes24
Pro Prospect
And1: 701

Post#1132 » by Rstuedes24 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:00 pm

That article makes me even more excited to have Jrue here. We all love how humble and appreciative Giannis is, and it seems like Jrue is the exact same way. Him and his family seem like great people. I think he’s an underrated player who will thrive here, and hopefully they come to love Milwaukee as much as they did NOLA.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#1133 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:05 pm

Wonder if that Jrue Holiday feature writer does it for free as a blogger. If so, he's putting his paid brethren to shame.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#1134 » by leroyjw10 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:09 pm

Chad34 wrote:This man is impressive and dominant on defense. looking forward to seeing him on the bucks. hopefully he'll resign

It's a little shocking how easy he makes defending all-star caliber players of all sizes look.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#1135 » by leroyjw10 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:11 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:My two biggest gripes with Bledsoe were that at times he played out of control and made poor decisions with the basketball. Holiday appears to be an upgrade in both of those areas. Higher BBIQ, more patience.

Absolutely. Jrue looks more cerebral. He's actually thinking the game as he plays it. Bled is all do, no think ... except when he's overthinking himself into brutal playoff performances.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1136 » by crkone » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:19 pm

Jrue was 3rd in ISO PPP last season among players with over 100 ISO possessions.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,643

Post#1137 » by emunney » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:21 pm

crkone wrote:Jrue was 3rd in ISO PPP last season among players with over 100 ISO possessions.

IIRC Bled was pretty good, too, right?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#1138 » by bango_the_buck » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:31 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Wonder if that Jrue Holiday feature writer does it for free as a blogger. If so, he's putting his paid brethren to shame.

Very nice article, but I'm pretty sure it was sponsored by Tonal, lol.
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#1139 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:31 pm

A couple years ago, Jrue was voted the most underrated player in the league by his peers. Khris and Lillard tied for second (Lillard was clearly a star but deserved even more respect according to his peers, which they were clearly right about). How about a 5/$178m extension for Jrue to match Khris? You're still paying near-max money for two fringe top-20 players in their best season, and fringe top 30 guys in an average year... but if it make Giannis happy, so be it!
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
thonnisbeastley
Pro Prospect
And1: 673

Post#1140 » by thonnisbeastley » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:34 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:A couple years ago, Jrue was voted the most underrated player in the league by his peers. Khris and Lillard tied for second (Lillard was clearly a star but deserved even more respect according to his peers, which they were clearly right about). How about a 5/$178m extension for Jrue to match Khris? You're still paying near-max money for two fringe top-20 players in their best season, and fringe top 30 guys in an average year... but if it make Giannis happy, so be it!

That was way too much money for Khris then, would be way too much money for Jrue now...especially at his age.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks