ImageImage

Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday - Trade done - Bucks 2022 to CLE unprotected

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
Posts: 56,324
And1: 16,158
Joined: Oct 27, 2002
     

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#961 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:31 pm

Only concern I have with Jrue is the mileage. He's been in the league since an 18-year old in 2009. Of course then again so have Steph and Harden coming out of that draft.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
User avatar
mke_design
Analyst
Posts: 3,062
And1: 1,625
Joined: Mar 09, 2014
     

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#962 » by mke_design » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:09 pm

randy84 wrote:I think people are missing the point. Jrue may be an upgrade to Bledsoe in the playoffs but he essentially has the same type of game as Bledsoe. I don't think those games work well with Giannis. You need a floor spacing PG that can consistently hit threes.

https://hoopshabit.com/2020/11/17/milwaukee-bucks-jrue-holiday-bledsoe/


Like DJ Augustin?
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
Posts: 18,352
And1: 2,635
Joined: Jun 25, 2005
         

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#963 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:15 pm

Jesus those stats are brutal.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
User avatar
BUCKnation
RealGM
Posts: 14,618
And1: 1,404
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
       

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#964 » by BUCKnation » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:45 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Only concern I have with Jrue is the mileage. He's been in the league since an 18-year old in 2009. Of course then again so have Steph and Harden coming out of that draft.

Health is definitely an issue with him. The Augustin pick up will help a lot in limiting his RS minutes.
User avatar
BUCKnation
RealGM
Posts: 14,618
And1: 1,404
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
       

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#965 » by BUCKnation » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:46 pm

He's not a sniper, but at least he'll demand respect in the playoff unlike Bledsoe, who has a really bad rep right now.
User avatar
nips82
Ballboy
Posts: 41
And1: 27
Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Location: Phoenix

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#966 » by nips82 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:09 pm

Can anyone guess what these numbers show?

11.8 ppg
32% fg
5.8
5

24 ppg
47% fg
6
6
“Early drinkin’ means quick drunken.” - Ted Lasso
User avatar
raferfenix
RealGM
Posts: 19,871
And1: 1,732
Joined: Apr 05, 2003

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#967 » by raferfenix » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:18 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:
raferfenix wrote:Whether Holiday can take his game up a notch playing with Giannis and Middleton in Bud’s system is a significant variable.

He’ll definitely get more wide open looks and lanes to the hoop that he has in some time.

It’s possible Regular Season Bledsoe vs Jrue is close. But it also might not be when we actually get to see Holiday play here.


I said it in the other post, but I'll say it here. The benefit is consistency. He is going to give you what you wish Bledsoe gave you on a night to night basis instead of swinging wildy from Good Eric to Bad Eric. The difference in the Bucks when you saw 3 stars on the team compared to when you saw 2 (or 1 when Middleton was in a funk) was monstrous. He plays under control. He plays great defense. I think we are easily the best defensive team in the league on paper with a starting lineup of Jrue/DDV/Mid/Giannis/Blopez.



How often was Bledsoe a “star” for us on both sides of the ball?

I’m hoping that Holiday can both be more consistent as well as have a higher ceiling when he is feeling it.

For that matter the ideal is that Jrue consistently is our 2nd best player.
User avatar
Chad34
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,975
And1: 1,654
Joined: Dec 04, 2016
Location: Knoxville, TN
     

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#968 » by Chad34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:26 pm

raferfenix wrote:
Balls2TheWalls wrote:
raferfenix wrote:Whether Holiday can take his game up a notch playing with Giannis and Middleton in Bud’s system is a significant variable.

He’ll definitely get more wide open looks and lanes to the hoop that he has in some time.

It’s possible Regular Season Bledsoe vs Jrue is close. But it also might not be when we actually get to see Holiday play here.


I said it in the other post, but I'll say it here. The benefit is consistency. He is going to give you what you wish Bledsoe gave you on a night to night basis instead of swinging wildy from Good Eric to Bad Eric. The difference in the Bucks when you saw 3 stars on the team compared to when you saw 2 (or 1 when Middleton was in a funk) was monstrous. He plays under control. He plays great defense. I think we are easily the best defensive team in the league on paper with a starting lineup of Jrue/DDV/Mid/Giannis/Blopez.



How often was Bledsoe a “star” for us on both sides of the ball?

I’m hoping that Holiday can both be more consistent as well as have a higher ceiling when he is feeling it.

For that matter the ideal is that Jrue consistently is our 2nd best player.

One thing, you never hear bledsoe's peers talking about him like Jrue. Jrue is highly regarded, that has to mean something. Jrue is a monster upgrade.
Still holding out hope we pull off a double s&t for Bogdan :lol:
User avatar
WRau1
General Manager
Posts: 8,809
And1: 2,062
Joined: Apr 30, 2005
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#969 » by WRau1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:26 pm

Is this goddamn deal done yet or what?
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
User avatar
Chad34
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,975
And1: 1,654
Joined: Dec 04, 2016
Location: Knoxville, TN
     

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#970 » by Chad34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:27 pm

WRau1 wrote:Is this goddamn deal done yet or what?

yes it's official
Read on Twitter
Still holding out hope we pull off a double s&t for Bogdan :lol:
User avatar
mke_design
Analyst
Posts: 3,062
And1: 1,625
Joined: Mar 09, 2014
     

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#971 » by mke_design » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:27 pm

WRau1 wrote:Is this goddamn deal done yet or what?


Yes.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 27,722
And1: 4,395
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#972 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:29 pm

mke_design wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Is this goddamn deal done yet or what?


Yes.


Wait really? When did it go live?

ETA: Go live. Lord I need to work less.
#FreeChuckAndNowak
User avatar
Chad34
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,975
And1: 1,654
Joined: Dec 04, 2016
Location: Knoxville, TN
     

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#973 » by Chad34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:30 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
mke_design wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Is this goddamn deal done yet or what?


Yes.


Wait really? When did it go live?

ETA: Go live. Lord I need to work less.


Read on Twitter
Still holding out hope we pull off a double s&t for Bogdan :lol:
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 27,722
And1: 4,395
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#974 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:32 pm

Chad34 wrote:
Read on Twitter


My Josh Hart dreams have shattered. Oh well :(
#FreeChuckAndNowak
User avatar
nips82
Ballboy
Posts: 41
And1: 27
Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Location: Phoenix

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#975 » by nips82 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:40 pm

nips82 wrote:Can anyone guess what these numbers show?

11.8 ppg
32% fg
5.8
5

24 ppg
47% fg
6
6


Since no one will play along...

These are Jrue vs. Bled numbers in each of their last playoff series. Those of you saying this isn’t a massive upgrade are crazy.
“Early drinkin’ means quick drunken.” - Ted Lasso
User avatar
coolhandluke121
RealGM
Posts: 10,338
And1: 4,147
Joined: Sep 23, 2007

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#976 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:46 pm

nips82 wrote:
nips82 wrote:Can anyone guess what these numbers show?

11.8 ppg
32% fg
5.8
5

24 ppg
47% fg
6
6


Since no one will play along...

These are Jrue vs. Bled numbers in each of their last playoff series. Those of you saying this isn’t a massive upgrade either understand sample size a hell of a lot better than I do or just don't like making intellectually dishonest arguments.


Fixed.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 43,085
And1: 17,674
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
       

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#977 » by blazza18 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:59 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Chad34 wrote:
Read on Twitter


My Josh Hart dreams have shattered. Oh well :(


Wonder if we asked for him or just had Holiday tunnel vision.
#FreeChuckDiesel

trwi7 wrote:Ban yourself you asshole.
User avatar
nips82
Ballboy
Posts: 41
And1: 27
Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Location: Phoenix

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#978 » by nips82 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:11 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
nips82 wrote:
nips82 wrote:Can anyone guess what these numbers show?

11.8 ppg
32% fg
5.8
5

24 ppg
47% fg
6
6


Since no one will play along...

These are Jrue vs. Bled numbers in each of their last playoff series. Those of you saying this isn’t a massive upgrade either understand sample size a hell of a lot better than I do or just don't like making intellectually dishonest arguments.


Fixed.


Terrible argument. Want me to go and figure out their career playoff numbers?
“Early drinkin’ means quick drunken.” - Ted Lasso
User avatar
All The Bucks
Sophomore
Posts: 109
And1: 214
Joined: Apr 08, 2019
     

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#979 » by All The Bucks » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:22 pm

The best part about Holiday is that he's a legitimate threat on offense, who the defense goes into a game knowing they have to account for. Bledsoe just wasn't that for the Bucks. And to me it frees up both Middleton and Giannis. I'm just not sure who it helps more. Probably Middleton, since he and Holiday can be 2A/2B options. Whereas with Bledsoe, Middleton clearly needed to be the #2 option. Now Middleton can do what he does best which is let the game come to him and feast on mismatches. Now when Giannis is walled off, we have two places where we can find that advantage.

Put it this way - Bledsoe was the Bucks star on offense maybe 1-2 games a season. Look for Holiday to triple or quadruple that number. Which doesn't sound like much (6-8 games) but just that presence alone will do wonders for Giannis and Midds.
The Bucks did not win the 2019-20 NBA Title
User avatar
coolhandluke121
RealGM
Posts: 10,338
And1: 4,147
Joined: Sep 23, 2007

Re: Bucks acquire Jrue Holiday 

Post#980 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:38 pm

nips82 wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
nips82 wrote:
Since no one will play along...

These are Jrue vs. Bled numbers in each of their last playoff series. Those of you saying this isn’t a massive upgrade either understand sample size a hell of a lot better than I do or just don't like making intellectually dishonest arguments.


Fixed.


Terrible argument. Want me to go and figure out their career playoff numbers?


Do yourself a favor and just look up Bledsoe's career playoff fg% but don't post it because it makes you look stupid. Nobody is saying it's not an upgrade but you people acting like they just replaced Jennings with Jrue because Bledsoe had a couple bad series the last two years blow my gd mind, and not in a good way.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks