ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1121 » by Magic Giannison » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:51 pm

How many 2 way contracts we got now lmao
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#1122 » by greekbuck34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:52 pm

Our strategy for our bench rotation is to average Allstar numbers on both sides of the court.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Post#1123 » by Magic Giannison » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:53 pm

Wait.. its 2 year deal not two way.... got im tired
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,458

Post#1124 » by Matches Malone » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:53 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#1125 » by soxperry » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:56 pm

randy84 wrote:
pilprin wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:So far we have:

Better starting 5 but not enough to void the wall tactic which was our main target(remember the #throughthewall tweets from Giannis).
Worse shooting
Worse Bench
Worse Depth
Destroyed chemistry
The same coach who failed to deliver on much better conditions 2 seasons in a row.
Lakers,Sixers, Nets are far stronger this year, Miami more experienced and with better chemistry too.

So in Giannis contract year we basicaly said to him, we couldn't help you it's all on your hands again.

Worse shooting? Bledsoe vs. Holliday...Holliday is better...Hill or Wes vs. Dante (as of now) I'll give you Hill and Wes..the rest of the starters are the same. Bench...weaker, but I like Portis and Augustine. Still need a couple contributing members of the bench on vet mins...

Im not buying the destroyed Chemistry...this team needed some edge, too many nice guys. I don't love what MKE has done in the offseason so far, but I would have been concerned about the same things if Bogdan deal had gone down.

Not sure why people say that Holiday is a better shooter than Bledsoe. Bledsoe was the better shooter last year outside of 3pt% and there wasn't a whole lot of difference there.

This is where stats fail.

How many of Bledsoe's regular season three point attempts were him dribbling up the court, the defender sagging off BEGGING him to jack a three, and Bledsoe dribbling slowly, working up the courage to take a nearly uncontested shot. I would venture to guess that was at least 50% if not 65% of them.

I would be very surprised if Jrue was getting the same treatment. Also, Jrue can create a shot for himself that isnt a layup andd the defense has to respect it.

Its a totally different offensive player. We now have two guys with a diverse offensive bag and then Giannis who does his thing. First week of games youll realize why Bledsoe and Hill were a load of picks short of a Holiday.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1126 » by WRau1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:01 pm

Players don't dare Holiday to shoot like they do Bledsoe, thats a huge difference.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,071

Post#1127 » by Wisky4life » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:04 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's funny that a lot of guys that people wanted are heading to my new neck the woods, Portland.

Probably should move back next summer.
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#1128 » by Fotis St » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:05 pm

Prez wrote:Fotis it’s time to let it go with Semi, the “has muscles but doesn’t really do anything” stuff is funny when Semi basically gets paid by Boston to lift weights lol. Dude is a nothing player.

I am saying Semi costed 1.7M to the Celtics ... we could make an offer to him , in order to either get him cause he does some things none of our current roster can do or make the Celtics match and we paid Pat Giannis weightlifting duo 5M per , to not playing physical IN GAME. Its an awful contract for us. We could have added more NBA players on Semi's contract range. There are alot of players out there that can be signed on minimum and provide more than Pat does .
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,410

Post#1129 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:07 pm

Fotis St wrote:Well while Pat lifts alot of weights , he ain't using his strength on court. He doesn't set picks and he doesn't play with physicality.
I think he lifts weights to look good, he cares more about his looks than basketball and his motive is to use his strength flexing with a woman in bed or something , not ON COURT, that's why I said he is "fake tough guy"

You might have thought Pat was a Billy Hoyle, but he's been a Sidney Deane this whole time.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#1130 » by BuckFan25226 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:07 pm

randy84 wrote:
pilprin wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:So far we have:

Better starting 5 but not enough to void the wall tactic which was our main target(remember the #throughthewall tweets from Giannis).
Worse shooting
Worse Bench
Worse Depth
Destroyed chemistry
The same coach who failed to deliver on much better conditions 2 seasons in a row.
Lakers,Sixers, Nets are far stronger this year, Miami more experienced and with better chemistry too.

So in Giannis contract year we basicaly said to him, we couldn't help you it's all on your hands again.

Worse shooting? Bledsoe vs. Holliday...Holliday is better...Hill or Wes vs. Dante (as of now) I'll give you Hill and Wes..the rest of the starters are the same. Bench...weaker, but I like Portis and Augustine. Still need a couple contributing members of the bench on vet mins...

Im not buying the destroyed Chemistry...this team needed some edge, too many nice guys. I don't love what MKE has done in the offseason so far, but I would have been concerned about the same things if Bogdan deal had gone down.

Not sure why people say that Holiday is a better shooter than Bledsoe. Bledsoe was the better shooter last year outside of 3pt% and there wasn't a whole lot of difference there.

Again, as others have pointed this out as well. We didn't move Bledsoe because of the regular season and because he's not a good player. He flat out disappears in the postseason. The term "unplayable in the playoffs" has been a term used a lot around here recently. That applies to Bledsoe the past 2 years. You can't have your 3rd or 4th best player become a liability when it matters most.

Bledsoe also is allowed to shoot so many wide open 3's because teams just don't fear him out there. Especially in the postseason. The dude just can't make a shot, especially when it matters.

Last 4 years 3 point & FG% percentage in the postseason for Bledsoe is 20% and 41%. And the past 2 years, those were wide open looks. The dude is a headcase. In the regular season, Holiday is a slight upgrade. In the postseason, it's a massive upgrade.

Not to mention, Bledsoes best attribute is his overall defense. Holiday is one of the few guards that's an upgrade from Bledsoe in that category.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#1131 » by LUKE23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:07 pm

Holiday/Augustin
DDV/Forbes/Merrill
Middleton/Connaughton/Thanasis
Giannis/Nwora
Lopez/Portis

Give me some defense to close this out. The bench will be crazy from 3 at least.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#1132 » by Prez » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:09 pm

Fotis St wrote:
Prez wrote:Fotis it’s time to let it go with Semi, the “has muscles but doesn’t really do anything” stuff is funny when Semi basically gets paid by Boston to lift weights lol. Dude is a nothing player.

I am saying Semi costed 1.7M to the Celtics ... we could make an offer to him , in order to either get him cause he does some things none of our current roster can do and we paid Pat Giannis weightlifting duo 5M per , to not playing physical IN GAME. Its an awful contract for us. We could have added more NBA players on Semi's contract range.

I’m no Pat fan at all but he’s easily a more useful player than Semi. Semi sucks.

You’re not gonna get any argument from me that Pat’s contract is awful though, it definitely is.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1133 » by Prez » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:11 pm

I’m just gonna be honest I’m really down on this roster. I think our defense is going to be dramatically worse, and I think some of the pieces we’ve added will also expose some of Brook’s limitations on that end exacerbating the issues.
Bus or bust
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#1134 » by Bus or bust » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:14 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Holiday/Augustin
DDV/Forbes/Merrill
Middleton/Connaughton/Thanasis
Giannis/Nwora
Lopez/Portis

Give me some defense to close this out. The bench will be crazy from 3 at least.

What I like is that our starting unit is absolutely lockdown defensively which makes me comfortable plugging in some of these guys like Forbes or Augustin. One or two bad defenders on the court doesn't matter as much when you've got three or four other guys capable of playing passing lanes and contesting at the rim at an elite level. I'm not as scared as I was a few days ago. Roster filled out nicely and some easy to move pieces if a good trade comes up mid season. Just need Giannis to sign da ting
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1135 » by LuessiT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:15 pm

Read on Twitter
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1136 » by LuessiT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:20 pm

Now round out this roster with Cheick Diallo.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#1137 » by Siefer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:23 pm

Prez wrote:I’m just gonna be honest I’m really down on this roster. I think our defense is going to be dramatically worse, and I think some of the pieces we’ve added will also expose some of Brook’s limitations on that end exacerbating the issues.

Why is the defense going to be dramatically worse? Holiday is the only PG I thought was a better defender than Bled, and we're swapping ~50 combined minutes of Hill/Wes/Rolo for Augustin/Forbes/Portis.

I agree that's a downgrade in bench defense, but it's a big upgrade in bench offense, and I suspect the crunch time D will be a notch better.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1138 » by Prez » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:26 pm

Siefer wrote:
Prez wrote:I’m just gonna be honest I’m really down on this roster. I think our defense is going to be dramatically worse, and I think some of the pieces we’ve added will also expose some of Brook’s limitations on that end exacerbating the issues.

Why is the defense going to be dramatically worse? Holiday is the only PG I thought was a better defender than Bled, and we're swapping ~50 combined minutes of Hill/Wes/Rolo for Augustin/Pat/Portis.

I agree that's a downgrade in bench defense, but it's a big upgrade in bench offense, and I suspect the crunch time D will be a notch better.

I mean this post was before the Craig signing, when our bench was Augustin/Forbes/Portis, which is legitimately awful defensively compared to Hill/Donte/Marvin last year. We’ve lost Wes who was probably our best wing defender. Holiday is a great defender but he’s replacing another great defensive PG.
talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#1139 » by talbert » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:27 pm

LuessiT wrote:
Read on Twitter

Thank god!
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#1140 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:27 pm

Down to one roster spot. I'd go for Len, but we all know it will be washed up Dedman.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks