ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,396

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1201 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:05 pm

mke_design wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:Really need another Center. Dedmon?

Its okay we got the second coming of Christian Wood in Diakite.
I'm really excited to see these young guys I've never heard of before play. That probably sounds sarcastic, but it isn't.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#1202 » by Fotis St » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:07 pm

Guys hold on , hold on ... Giannis is now really hurt and he is struggling mentally to overcome the fact that the whole NBA World is laughing at our FO , on which he hoped to make a Championship team ... Giannis will overcome this struggle and battle it out , no doubt. Imagine if you were like his brother and love him so much and he says that he only cares about winning a ring ... would you advise him to stay in Mil ? I would advise him to NOT sign the Supermax and decide in summer. So here we are ... we are going to start the Championship like this and Holiday will probably have his thoughts on whether he wants to sign an extension or not.
I really don't get the optimism ... I will see the difference between Bled and Jrue in the playoffs. Giannis body is one year older, and struggled the previous year to stay healthy, Khris is a walking 40 year old good old scool basketball player, Jrue has to improve and excel at the playoffs ... I don't see the youth nor the "dogs" we wanted and the enforcers we need at the playoffs.
DDV is too short to play high level D at the playoffs, I said what I think about Pat C. We are probably at the same level , our morale is ultra low , we are one year older , same coach , almost same players .... and other contenders have improved ... I simply can't see how we are reaching the Finals, even the East Finals ...
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1203 » by LuessiT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:07 pm

wisportsfan4 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
wisportsfan4 wrote:
Honestly, if Giannis signs the super max, and Jrue signs an extension, do you really think the Bucks gives two s**** about picks? You guys need to see the full picture here.

We acquired the biggest name on the market, while our competitors in the East drove up the price. That's a win. Screw picks.

Yes I do. This is realGM. not realSPORTSFAN.

You act like Horst is not a good GM. The same guy that won executive of the year. Like he's not in the know about the value of players.

Do I agree we probably overpaid for Jrue? Yes, I do. But if we didn't, someone else likely would of, and then this board would be up in arms about "oh the Bucks didn't go for it when they had the chance."

If getting Jrue meant Giannis resigning, nothing else matters. Nothing. Asset maximization be damned.

I do think he's making plenty of mistakes, especially on the small scales. Casual fans might not think it matters but it makes me livid that we partly guaranteed Merrill's second year. Or that we signed him before knowing if we have part of the MLE left to hand a longer than 2 year contract. Guess what we have.

And if Horst was as good a GM as you said he is he'd be capable of doing both.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#1204 » by mke_design » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:09 pm

Fotis St wrote:Guys hold on , hold on ... Giannis is now really hurt and he is struggling mentally to overcome the fact that the whole NBA World is laughing at our FO , on which he hoped to make a Championship team ... Giannis will overcome this struggle and battle it out , no doubt. Imagine if you were like his brother and love him so much and he says that he only cares about winning a ring ... would you advise him to stay in Mil ? I would advise him to NOT sign the Supermax and decide in summer. So here we are ... we are going to start the Championship like this and Holiday will probably have his thoughts on whether he wants to sign an extension or not.
I really don't get the optimism ... I will see the difference between Bled and Jrue in the playoffs. Giannis body is one year older, and struggled the previous year to stay healthy, Khris is a walking 40 year old good old scool basketball player, Jrue has to improve and excel at the playoffs ... I don't see the youth nor the "dogs" we wanted and the enforcers we need at the playoffs.
DDV is too short to play high level D at the playoffs, I said what I think about Pat C. We are probably at the same level , our morale is ultra low , we are one year older , same coach , almost same players .... and other contenders have improved ... I simply can't see how we are reaching the Finals, even the East Finals ...

I...just..I...can't...what...?
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1205 » by LuessiT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:12 pm

mke_design wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'm really confused by this. According to my math it's not. Once Jrue's contract heads over we'll have space (depending on the unknown figures of his incentives).

Matt isn't really very good at doing anything other than reporting so i'm not suprised. However, he is friends with Frank Madden so i'm sure he could always ask.

Okay I'm pretty sure we can't officially sign anyone until the Jrue trade gets finalized - then his cap number drops and we can fill the last roster spot.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#1206 » by Chad34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:12 pm

mke_design wrote:
Fotis St wrote:Guys hold on , hold on ... Giannis is now really hurt and he is struggling mentally to overcome the fact that the whole NBA World is laughing at our FO , on which he hoped to make a Championship team ... Giannis will overcome this struggle and battle it out , no doubt. Imagine if you were like his brother and love him so much and he says that he only cares about winning a ring ... would you advise him to stay in Mil ? I would advise him to NOT sign the Supermax and decide in summer. So here we are ... we are going to start the Championship like this and Holiday will probably have his thoughts on whether he wants to sign an extension or not.
DDV is too short to play high level D at the playoffs, I said what I think about Pat C. We are probably at the same level , our morale is ultra low , we are one year older , same coach , almost same players .... and other contenders have improved ... I simply can't see how we are reaching the Finals, even the East Finals ... Maybe Merrill starts playing like Doncic and we make it, but our %s are really low right now.

we gonna **** ing kick ass this year. book it. finals
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,993

Post#1207 » by Daver » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:12 pm

DDV is too short to play high level D at the playoffs, I said what I think about Pat C. We are probably at the same level , our morale is ultra low , we are one year older , same coach , almost same players .... and other contenders have improved ... I simply can't see how we are reaching the Finals, even the East Finals ... Maybe Merrill starts playing like Doncic and we make it, but our %s are really low right now.

Screw merrill playing like donte wtf board donte is average at best 80% of this board acts as if hes the 2nd coming of jordan good god he want a starter in college doesnt handle the ball well absolutely pathetic at finishing at the rim his shot very questionable and some of you want him starting.HES NOT A STARTER.
Now to make this dratt awesome lwts hope merrill turns out to be our duncan robinson
Chad34
RealGM

Post#1208 » by Chad34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:12 pm

Chad34 wrote:
mke_design wrote:

we gonna **** ing kick ass this year. book it. finals

in fact this is the best team giannis has had to work with. :nod:
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#1209 » by Wisky4life » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:13 pm

I'd give this a C offseason. Could have been a solid B+ or even an A-

Give me Frank Mason to fill that final spot. Dump Wilson for a pick.
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#1210 » by BuckFan25226 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:14 pm

slos wrote:We are definitely younger. OK Bled/Hill are same age with Jrue/Augustin, but Wes/Korver/Marvin/Ersan/RoLo (all 32+) have been replaced with Forbes/Craig/Portis (all 29-).

We are definitely a better shooting team. Jrue is slightly better than Bled, Augustin is the same with Hill, Forbes is better than Wes, Portis is better than any big we had at shooting.

We are definitely better overall. Our 3rd option has been upgraded with Jrue over Bled. Our starting SG has been upgraded with 3rd year Donte over 34 y/o Wes. Our bench is significantly younger and better offensive overall.

I get the negative vibes from the Bogdan fiasco and the overpay for Jrue (and Pat), but we are definitely in a better position. Let's focus now with Giannis' and Jrue's extension. If Horst can pull this off, this will be an A+ offseason.

The old 5 vs new 5 is average age of 34 vs 28.

This team should be just as good as last year if not better assuming good health.

But that doesn't matter. If Jrue plays well in the postseason, we have a very good chance at a ring. Its something Bledsoe pissed all over the past 2 years.

I honestly liked Bledsoe and he was fun as hell to watch. But I'm so relieved he's gone.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#1211 » by emunney » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:15 pm

Watch us stretch Wilson.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#1212 » by zimpy27 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:15 pm

Daver wrote:

Screw merrill playing like donte wtf board donte is average at best 80% of this board acts as if hes the 2nd coming of jordan good god he want a starter in college doesnt handle the ball well absolutely pathetic at finishing at the rim his shot very questionable and some of you want him starting.HES NOT A STARTER.
Now to make this dratt awesome lwts hope merrill turns out to be our duncan robinson

This exchange is very confusing.

Bucks will be better this season.
Bud will get a lot out Augustin and Bryn.
Craig and Connaughton are hard to gauge, they are active bodies that are a good shooting form away from being positive impact players.
Jrue and Portis are the two big upgrades this season.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#1213 » by tski1972 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:15 pm

http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1214 » by LuessiT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:16 pm

Wisky4life wrote:I'd give this a C offseason. Could have been a solid B+ or even an A-

Give me Frank Mason to fill that final spot. Dump Wilson for a pick.

I'm a fan of not having that many bigs on the roster but we really need a big, especially if we're trading Wilson. Also don't think Wilson has positive value.
Chad34
RealGM

Post#1215 » by Chad34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:16 pm

emunney wrote:Watch us stretch Wilson.

does that add cap space?
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#1216 » by Fotis St » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:16 pm

Daver wrote:

Dude I said Doncic NOT the Donte the freaking fake VanVleet
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1217 » by LuessiT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:17 pm

I think we're up to a C-. Really like the Forbes & Craig signings.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#1218 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:19 pm

emunney wrote:Watch us stretch Wilson.

:lol:

not a bad idea tho :banghead:
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Post#1219 » by Magic Giannison » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:19 pm

Solid B from me, really like how we got younger and the overall depth is nice.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#1220 » by emunney » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:19 pm

The point isn't will we be good. We already were good! The point is we made a huge investment in future capital, so shouldn't we have a huge improvement in present roster quality to show for it? We don't! And Jrue has a PO next year!
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks