ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
Posts: 56,324
And1: 16,158
Joined: Oct 27, 2002
     

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1241 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:41 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i think were much better and i dont have a problem with holiday, middleton, and giannis making the salary cap between them. it is what it is.


Agreed. And frankly Bud has to play those guys 40mpg in the playoffs for once anyways.

Also off the belief that Giannis signs the supermax and Jrue a big extension. We just have to avoid injuries.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 50,500
And1: 21,467
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1242 » by emunney » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:43 pm

wisportsfan4 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
wisportsfan4 wrote:
You act like Horst is not a good GM. The same guy that won executive of the year. Like he's not in the know about the value of players.

Do I agree we probably overpaid for Jrue? Yes, I do. But if we didn't, someone else likely would of, and then this board would be up in arms about "oh the Bucks didn't go for it when they had the chance."

If getting Jrue meant Giannis resigning, nothing else matters. Nothing. Asset maximization be damned.


I do think he's making plenty of mistakes, especially on the small scales. Casual fans might not think it matters but it makes me livid that we partly guaranteed Merrill's second year. Or that we signed him before knowing if we have part of the MLE left to hand a longer than 2 year contract. Guess what we have.

And if Horst was as good a GM as you said he is he'd be capable of doing both.


No moves are official yet. Not even the Jrue trade. So while you think you may know all the ins and outs of every option, etc. because John Hollinger speculated some garbage, no one does.

Jon Horst won Exec of the Year in 2019. Google it.


Crazy to win an award in 2019 for moves made in late 2020.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.


#FreeChuckDiesel
wisportsfan4
Junior
Posts: 288
And1: 61
Joined: Jun 29, 2009

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1243 » by wisportsfan4 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:44 pm

emunney wrote:
wisportsfan4 wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
I do think he's making plenty of mistakes, especially on the small scales. Casual fans might not think it matters but it makes me livid that we partly guaranteed Merrill's second year. Or that we signed him before knowing if we have part of the MLE left to hand a longer than 2 year contract. Guess what we have.

And if Horst was as good a GM as you said he is he'd be capable of doing both.


No moves are official yet. Not even the Jrue trade. So while you think you may know all the ins and outs of every option, etc. because John Hollinger speculated some garbage, no one does.

Jon Horst won Exec of the Year in 2019. Google it.


Crazy to win an award in 2019 for moves made in late 2020.


The point was made to posit that he knows WTF he's doing. He's not Larry Harris.
User avatar
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,125
And1: 31,265
Joined: Jan 26, 2015
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1244 » by Prez » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:45 pm

mke_design wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21


I'm really confused by this. According to my math it's not. Once Jrue's contract heads over we'll have space (depending on the unknown figures of his incentives).


Matt isn't really very good at doing anything other than reporting so i'm not suprised. However, he is friends with Frank Madden so i'm sure he could always ask.
:lol: this is so sad but so true. It's hilarious that someone whose career isn't even basketball related has more cap knowledge (and possibly even sources) than our actual reporters lol.
#FreeChuckDiesel
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 50,500
And1: 21,467
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1245 » by emunney » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:51 pm

wisportsfan4 wrote:
emunney wrote:
wisportsfan4 wrote:
No moves are official yet. Not even the Jrue trade. So while you think you may know all the ins and outs of every option, etc. because John Hollinger speculated some garbage, no one does.

Jon Horst won Exec of the Year in 2019. Google it.


Crazy to win an award in 2019 for moves made in late 2020.


The point was made to posit that he knows WTF he's doing. He's not Larry Harris.


Have you ever looked at a list of the winners of this award? It's not a papacy.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.


#FreeChuckDiesel
wisportsfan4
Junior
Posts: 288
And1: 61
Joined: Jun 29, 2009

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1247 » by wisportsfan4 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:01 pm

emunney wrote:
wisportsfan4 wrote:
emunney wrote:
Crazy to win an award in 2019 for moves made in late 2020.


The point was made to posit that he knows WTF he's doing. He's not Larry Harris.


Have you ever looked at a list of the winners of this award? It's not a papacy.


Still not Larry Harris. You guys will do anything to bash this team :lol:
LuessiT
General Manager
Posts: 8,331
And1: 2,344
Joined: Jan 08, 2016
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1248 » by LuessiT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:07 pm

wisportsfan4 wrote:
emunney wrote:
wisportsfan4 wrote:
The point was made to posit that he knows WTF he's doing. He's not Larry Harris.


Have you ever looked at a list of the winners of this award? It's not a papacy.


Still not Larry Harris. You guys will do anything to bash this team :lol:


No? It was you who started calling me out for being a negative after I gave my early feedback on the offseason. Me, who didn't partake in the doom and gloom in the Bogdanovic thread at all. And I don't know how you got here but somehow now you're trying to turn this into 'Are executives of the year good executives' and forcing me to dissent. Way to move the goal post.

I don't care about that debate. I'm very open to debate but you're not adding anything to my viewpoint.
wisportsfan4
Junior
Posts: 288
And1: 61
Joined: Jun 29, 2009

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1249 » by wisportsfan4 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:11 pm

LuessiT wrote:
wisportsfan4 wrote:
emunney wrote:
Have you ever looked at a list of the winners of this award? It's not a papacy.


Still not Larry Harris. You guys will do anything to bash this team :lol:


No? It was you who started calling me out for being a negative after I gave my early feedback on the offseason. Me, who didn't partake in the doom and gloom in the Bogdanovic thread at all. And I don't know how you got here but somehow now you're trying to turn this into 'Are executives of the year good executives' and forcing me to dissent. Way to move the goal post.

I don't care about that debate. I'm very open to debate but you're not adding anything to my viewpoint.


Look man, I've been on this board since 2009. I've been through all the s*** this team has done. What I'm saying is let's all embrace the fact that we are re-loaded with a legit third star this season with a very solid supporting cast.

Yes, losing out on Bogdan sucks, but it was likely his agent messing with us/him not wanting to be here. That's his loss. Let's get a backup center, deal DJ/Donte for an upgrade if an opportunity presents itself, then let's go win the East for the first time since 1974.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 50,500
And1: 21,467
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1250 » by emunney » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:14 pm

wisportsfan4 wrote:
emunney wrote:
wisportsfan4 wrote:
The point was made to posit that he knows WTF he's doing. He's not Larry Harris.


Have you ever looked at a list of the winners of this award? It's not a papacy.


Still not Larry Harris. You guys will do anything to bash this team :lol:


Who cares if he's Larry Harris? Who said he was Larry Harris?

Is the roster hugely improved?
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.


#FreeChuckDiesel
wisportsfan4
Junior
Posts: 288
And1: 61
Joined: Jun 29, 2009

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1251 » by wisportsfan4 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:15 pm

emunney wrote:
wisportsfan4 wrote:
emunney wrote:
Have you ever looked at a list of the winners of this award? It's not a papacy.


Still not Larry Harris. You guys will do anything to bash this team :lol:


Who cares if he's Larry Harris? Who said he was Larry Harris?

Is the roster hugely improved?


I don't have to watch Eric Bledsoe play for this team in the playoffs anymore, so helllllllll yes.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 50,500
And1: 21,467
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1252 » by emunney » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:21 pm

wisportsfan4 wrote:
emunney wrote:
wisportsfan4 wrote:
Still not Larry Harris. You guys will do anything to bash this team :lol:


Who cares if he's Larry Harris? Who said he was Larry Harris?

Is the roster hugely improved?


I don't have to watch Eric Bledsoe play for this team in the playoffs anymore, so helllllllll yes.


Ok, great! An actual opinion. Hope you keep this in mind when helpful players become available over the next 7 years and we're on the sidelines. Because our competitors will not be.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.


#FreeChuckDiesel
midranger
RealGM
Posts: 34,614
And1: 5,934
Joined: May 12, 2002

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1253 » by midranger » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:28 pm

Twist: Jon Horst IS Larry Harris
User avatar
machu46
General Manager
Posts: 7,592
And1: 2,185
Joined: Jun 28, 2012
Location: DC
       

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1254 » by machu46 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:33 pm

Chad34 wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:Frank Mason fans need to watch some Sam Merrill videos

not saying he's doncic, but couldn't you say from the eye test, doncic has most of merrill's perceived weakness's? i have a feeling about this guy's intangibles

He definitely is not Doncic haha but I will say the first thing I noticed watching him is he has a tendency to cross his legs on his jumper the same way Luka does.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 78,551
And1: 18,597
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1255 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:34 pm

Read on Twitter


Hurts, man.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

vlietinho
Veteran
Posts: 2,678
And1: 424
Joined: May 12, 2005
Location: The Netherlands
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1256 » by vlietinho » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:35 pm

midranger wrote:Twist: Jon Horst IS Larry Harris


Just another snake in the grass
bucksbrewers3
Starter
Posts: 2,096
And1: 272
Joined: Jul 25, 2011

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1257 » by bucksbrewers3 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:36 pm

midranger wrote:Twist: Jon Horst IS Larry Harris


:jawdrop:
LuessiT
General Manager
Posts: 8,331
And1: 2,344
Joined: Jan 08, 2016
 

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1258 » by LuessiT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:37 pm

If I'm right we could see the 15th guy soon.
User avatar
LUKE23
RealGM
Posts: 70,685
And1: 4,335
Joined: May 26, 2005
Location: Stunville
       

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1259 » by LUKE23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:37 pm

Wisky4life wrote:I'd give this a C offseason. Could have been a solid B+ or even an A-

Give me Frank Mason to fill that final spot. Dump Wilson for a pick.


What pick, a 2039 7th?
User avatar
Siefer
RealGM
Posts: 10,270
And1: 2,422
Joined: Nov 05, 2006
Location: Madison, WI
     

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1260 » by Siefer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:39 pm

I think this team is better than the 2020 version, and likely better than the 2019 version. We're still on the championship shortlist, and that's great, but we also keep taking unnecessary hits around the edges, and that **** is adding up. I'm not even counting the Bogdan fiasco in that summation (because we still have no clue what really went down there). Not getting the $13 million trade exception last year, the DJ Wilson contract pickup when it was obvious we had no plan for him, being cleaned out of our draft assets through 2027, how we managed the Augustin and Pat C contracts and likely losing a roster spot (and the ability to pick up a Marvin Williams mid-season) in the process. These are just the most obvious examples of value left on the table.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Milwaukee Bucks