ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,457

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Pat is Back! 

Post#1341 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:58 pm

yannisk wrote:
slos wrote:- Leuer............$3,169,348
- Sanders.........$1,865,546

Who is this Leuer guy?

I vaguely remember Sanders, albanian fighter, skateboarder, painter, rapper.

Why do we still pay for these people wouldn't be better to have finished with their contract when we were not contenders and now have 5 millions to spend?

I tweeted about Leuer today, actually:

Read on Twitter
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Big Dog Yank
Senior
And1: 767

Post#1342 » by Big Dog Yank » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:03 pm

drone3 wrote:Unpopular opinion, DJ Wilson is really important for our bench, he is the backup for Gianiss. Nwora could outplay Wilson but even then it's possible that DJ may have to back up Brook if Portis can't figure it out.

DJ doesn't play with the fire we need but he is multi skilled and versatile.

I agree 100%-this is an unpopular opinion.
"Ready to Die"
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,773

Post#1343 » by RubberSoul » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Can I freak out yet about the supermax not being signed yet? Because I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1344 » by LuessiT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:08 pm

slos wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
slos wrote:I guess Forbes signed with the rest of the MLE - there's no other way to make it a 2y deal - and have this as our current roster.

1. Middleton.....$33,051,724
2. Giannis........$27,528,088
3. Holiday........$26,231,111
4. Brook..........$12,697,675
5. Augustin.......$6,700,000 (MLE)
6. Pat.............$5,300,000 (apx)
7. Wilson.........$4,548,280
8. Portis..........$3,623,000 (BAE)
9. DDV.............$3,044,160
10. Forbes........$2,558,000 (MLE)
11. Thanasis......$1,701,593
12. Craig..........$1,620,564 (min)
13. Vet............$1,620,564 (min)
14. Merrill........$898,310
15. Nwora........$898,310
- Leuer............$3,169,348
- Sanders.........$1,865,546
- total............$136,786,273

Augustin and Forbes combined can't cost more than MLE money (9,258,000mil) and we know Portis took the full BAE and Craig signed a vet contract. When can definitely sign one more player and stay under the 138,928,000 mil apron.

Min deal? Why wouldn't that work.

I think you can't add a second year without using an exception. Either way the argument that we can't sign a 15th player can't be right.

Also as I see it now, I actually like Pat's contract. It would be that or some other minimum deal that would allow Bucks avoid the tax too. At least now the owners are committed in paying the tax and Pat's salary will help facilitate another trade moving forward. I mean Pat + Wilson can bring back a 10 mil contract in the deadline from a lottery team.

You can sign a minimum contract for up to two years. For anything more you'd need an exception, see:

MINIMUM PLAYER SALARY EXCEPTION -- Teams can offer players minimum salary contracts even if they are over the cap. Contracts can be up to two years in length. In a two-year contract, the salary in the second year is specified in the minimum salary scale in effect when the contract was signed (see question number 22). The contract may not contain a bonus of any kind. This exception can also be used to acquire minimum salary players via trade. There is no limit to the number of players that can be signed or acquired using this exception.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,159

Post#1345 » by skones » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:08 pm

Prez wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
I've liked Huerter from day 1 over DDV, though. I think he'll have a better career.

I went to look at Huerter's numbers and I would like to drop my case, your honor.

Haha. Huerter was my guy that draft and tbh I actually didn't like Donte very much at all. I just think now that we've seen them both in the NBA, Donte has defensive talent & feel that Huerter will simply never touch, while there's a decent chance Donte becomes a 15 ppg on 37% 3PT kinda guy offensively. Just think as a two-way guy there's a more realistic path to Donte contributing more for a title team than Huerter.

Kevin Huerter is going to turn heads this year. Kid was 12/4/4 on 38% from three as a 21 year old. I think he's on the cusp of entering elite NBA floor spacer territory, which I don't think Donte ever touches. I love Donte, but I'd deal Donte for Huerter without thinking twice. I said it during that draft, and I'll say it again, Huerter has far more wiggle and floor game than people think. I think Huerter has legitimate fringe all-star upside, I think Donte is going to have a long super role player career.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#1346 » by Badgerlander » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:12 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i wish we would have a specific thread for all our 2 way guys. like to see everybodys thoughts consolidated. i dont have a damn clue about any of them

https://www.thestepien.com/2020/04/27/mamadi-diakite-scouting-report/

The other guy is a SG that we had last year, played on the Herd and was called up by the Blazers. Obviously they didn’t bring him back.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
All The Bucks
Junior
And1: 1,265

Post#1347 » by All The Bucks » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:12 pm

Fotis St wrote:Guys hold on , hold on ... Giannis is now really hurt and he is struggling mentally to overcome the fact that the whole NBA World is laughing at our FO , on which he hoped to make a Championship team ... Giannis will overcome this struggle and battle it out , no doubt. Imagine if you were like his brother and love him so much and he says that he only cares about winning a ring ... would you advise him to stay in Mil ? I would advise him to NOT sign the Supermax and decide in summer. So here we are ... we are going to start the Championship like this and Holiday will probably have his thoughts on whether he wants to sign an extension or not.
I really don't get the optimism ... I will see the difference between Bled and Jrue in the playoffs. Giannis body is one year older, and struggled the previous year to stay healthy, Khris is a walking 40 year old good old scool basketball player, Jrue has to improve and excel at the playoffs ... I don't see the youth nor the "dogs" we wanted and the enforcers we need at the playoffs.
DDV is too short to play high level D at the playoffs, I said what I think about Pat C. We are probably at the same level , our morale is ultra low , we are one year older , same coach , almost same players .... and other contenders have improved ... I simply can't see how we are reaching the Finals, even the East Finals ...

How you're not told to shut the eff up more here is beyond me. The restraint shown by members here is amazing.
"Your values is in disarray, prioritizin' horribly. Unhappy with the riches 'cause you're piss poor morally" - Abraham Lincoln
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,159

Post#1348 » by skones » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:16 pm

All The Bucks wrote:
Fotis St wrote:Guys hold on , hold on ... Giannis is now really hurt and he is struggling mentally to overcome the fact that the whole NBA World is laughing at our FO , on which he hoped to make a Championship team ... Giannis will overcome this struggle and battle it out , no doubt. Imagine if you were like his brother and love him so much and he says that he only cares about winning a ring ... would you advise him to stay in Mil ? I would advise him to NOT sign the Supermax and decide in summer. So here we are ... we are going to start the Championship like this and Holiday will probably have his thoughts on whether he wants to sign an extension or not.
I really don't get the optimism ... I will see the difference between Bled and Jrue in the playoffs. Giannis body is one year older, and struggled the previous year to stay healthy, Khris is a walking 40 year old good old scool basketball player, Jrue has to improve and excel at the playoffs ... I don't see the youth nor the "dogs" we wanted and the enforcers we need at the playoffs.
DDV is too short to play high level D at the playoffs, I said what I think about Pat C. We are probably at the same level , our morale is ultra low , we are one year older , same coach , almost same players .... and other contenders have improved ... I simply can't see how we are reaching the Finals, even the East Finals ...

How you're not told to shut the eff up more here is beyond me. The restraint shown by members here is amazing.

Before him there were others, like MBBOT.
CJTURT
Veteran
And1: 928

Post#1349 » by CJTURT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:17 pm

From the way the rosters built looks like a lot of athletic position less basketball this year for us.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#1350 » by bdpecore » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:21 pm

Daver wrote:Tell tou im not hawks fan but damn they are going to have 1 hell of a team of am i wrong collins DG maybe bogdan hueter rondo young damn they could have all 5 of their starters average close if not 20 a game
Collins
DG
Bogdan?
Young
Rondo? Wow

Their defense is going to be very suspect with Trae, Bogdan and DG which will get them bounced in the playoffs where you have to be able to make defensive stops to win.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1351 » by Ruzious » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:24 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
Prez wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
Zackly.

Donte was pretty comfortably better than Huerter this year. Y’all are getting way too caught up in his bubble play.

I've liked Huerter from day 1 over DDV, though. I think he'll have a better career.

Huerter went to my school, and even I'd take DDV over him. Huerter's a great shooter, but he's awfully slow and lacks strength.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#1352 » by Badgerlander » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:26 pm

All The Bucks wrote:How you're not told to shut the eff up more here is beyond me. The restraint shown by members here is amazing.

There’s no reason for hate, his free speech isn’t hurting anyone
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1353 » by Ruzious » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:34 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i wish we would have a specific thread for all our 2 way guys. like to see everybodys thoughts consolidated. i dont have a damn clue about any of them

The other guy is a SG that we had last year, played on the Herd and was called up by the Blazers. Obviously they didn’t bring him back.

Kudos to RogerMurdock. This is good to hear. A few of us wanted Diakite:

RogerMurdock wrote:
Ok, time to toot the Virginia horn. He won't help us this season (well, I guess it's possible, but unlikely) and like any UDFA, might not ever make it in the NBA, but I'd like the Bucks to look at signing Mamadi Diakite to a G-League (is that the letter we use now?) deal.

Strengths: Excellent shot blocker - springy and has great timing; versatile, smart defender who uses his base well; nice mid-range jumper; developed a solid three-ball for a big (37-ish percent, I think, last season?)

Weaknesses: poor handle; not much in the way of post moves - more of a face-up post guy; skinny, needs to bulk up; not a poor passer, but at UVa, once he got the ball in the post, he was most likely not passing it back out; not really a playmaker, more of just a finisher

I think he could have a chance as as developmental 3-and-D-type PF. He can guard the post and the perimeter, his shot has come along and can get better, and things like post moves and strength can be developed in the pros. If he gains strength, he could easily be useful on defense in the NBA. Offensively, if he continues to develop his outside shot, he could be a pick-and-pop stretch-4 as well as a good lane-cutter for some oops and layups.

Ruzious wrote in response to the above post:
I vote yes on this one. I thought he should have been drafted. And all UVA players are very well coached. I remember he came up as a very limited offensive player with high energy but worked very hard to develop a jump shot. Always seemed like a tough interior defender who hustled his arse off. I think he can play some small-ball center. Put it this way - I think he's the kind of player Giannis would enjoy mentoring and would come to work early every day and leave late every day.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,031

Post#1354 » by mediocrityrules » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:35 pm

skones wrote:
All The Bucks wrote:

Before him there were others, like MBBOT.

MBBOT gave us a lot of entertainment as well. Some legendary rants and liberal use of caps lock, emoji's and color fonts if I remember correctly.
Circling calendars since 2021
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,613

Post#1355 » by Ron Swanson » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:37 pm

While the moves we've made this offseason put a lot of pressure on the front office, it also puts a lot of pressure on Giannis. Was pretty clear that they went in looking to both A) Upgrade Bledsoe's position, and B) add shooters, and they pretty much accomplished both. If we get a 3rd straight postseason where the "wall" defense neutralizes Giannis, then I can't blame the roster construction here.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#1356 » by Chad34 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:38 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:

This is good to hear. A few of us wanted Diakite:

RogerMurdock wrote:
Ok, time to toot the Virginia horn. He won't help us this season (well, I guess it's possible, but unlikely) and like any UDFA, might not ever make it in the NBA, but I'd like the Bucks to look at signing Mamadi Diakite to a G-League (is that the letter we use now?) deal.

Strengths: Excellent shot blocker - springy and has great timing; versatile, smart defender who uses his base well; nice mid-range jumper; developed a solid three-ball for a big (37-ish percent, I think, last season?)

Weaknesses: poor handle; not much in the way of post moves - more of a face-up post guy; skinny, needs to bulk up; not a poor passer, but at UVa, once he got the ball in the post, he was most likely not passing it back out; not really a playmaker, more of just a finisher

I think he could have a chance as as developmental 3-and-D-type PF. He can guard the post and the perimeter, his shot has come along and can get better, and things like post moves and strength can be developed in the pros. If he gains strength, he could easily be useful on defense in the NBA. Offensively, if he continues to develop his outside shot, he could be a pick-and-pop stretch-4 as well as a good lane-cutter for some oops and layups.

I vote yes on this one. I thought he should have been drafted. And all UVA players are very well coached. I remember he came up as a very limited offensive player with high energy but worked very hard to develop a jump shot. Always seemed like a tough interior defender who hustled his arse off. I think he can play some small-ball center. Put it this way - I think he's the kind of player Giannis would enjoy mentoring and would come to work early every day and leave late every day.

he reminds you of a giannis lite. i think i read he's only been playing 6 yrs?
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,578

Post#1357 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:38 pm

Big Dog Yank wrote:
drone3 wrote:Unpopular opinion, DJ Wilson is really important for our bench, he is the backup for Gianiss. Nwora could outplay Wilson but even then it's possible that DJ may have to back up Brook if Portis can't figure it out.

DJ doesn't play with the fire we need but he is multi skilled and versatile.

I agree 100%-this is an unpopular opinion.

Portis is the backup to Giannis, it's his most natural position
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1358 » by Ruzious » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:43 pm

skones wrote:
Prez wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
I went to look at Huerter's numbers and I would like to drop my case, your honor.

Haha. Huerter was my guy that draft and tbh I actually didn't like Donte very much at all. I just think now that we've seen them both in the NBA, Donte has defensive talent & feel that Huerter will simply never touch, while there's a decent chance Donte becomes a 15 ppg on 37% 3PT kinda guy offensively. Just think as a two-way guy there's a more realistic path to Donte contributing more for a title team than Huerter.

Kevin Huerter is going to turn heads this year. Kid was 12/4/4 on 38% from three as a 21 year old. I think he's on the cusp of entering elite NBA floor spacer territory, which I don't think Donte ever touches. I love Donte, but I'd deal Donte for Huerter without thinking twice. I said it during that draft, and I'll say it again, Huerter has far more wiggle and floor game than people think. I think Huerter has legitimate fringe all-star upside, I think Donte is going to have a long super role player career.

If Huerter turns heads, he'll have to do it while playing fewer minutes - since Atl is signing Bogdan - which makes their starting 5 much better.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1359 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:43 pm

Chad34 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:

This is good to hear. A few of us wanted Diakite:

RogerMurdock wrote:

he reminds you of a giannis lite. i think i read he's only been playing 6 yrs?

Good year to have 2 solid 2 way players. There's no limit of how much they can be with the big club. Both of these guys are way better than Cam Reynolds.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1360 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:46 pm

skones wrote:
Prez wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

I could see Huerter making the jump above his present Tony Snell status, but he'll never approach the value of Donte.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks