ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,709

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions 

Post#1901 » by Wonka » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Why would we want to acquire Victor Oladipo on what’s sure to be a rental? I’m confused.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#1902 » by bdpecore » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:12 pm

It seems like a Bjelica level player is what we can afford both salary and asset wise at the trade deadline which is perfectly fine by me. Trade DJ, Forber and a 2nd. Then simply look to upgrade the roster with 1-2 buyout candidates (Ariza and a SG).
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#1903 » by raferfenix » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:15 pm

I’m high on Portis but don’t see him improving enough where he could replace Lopez at least for a season or two.

Donte + BroLo + Pat for Oladipo makes us worse I think.

That’s even aside from having to overpay Dipo to keep him. There are so few major free agents this offseason that a guy like him could make bank provided he stays healthy for the year.
MKE_Beers
Sophomore
And1: 100

Post#1904 » by MKE_Beers » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:42 pm

I see a lot of trades involving bucks first round picks. We can not trade our frps until the day of the draft because we have them going out every other year until 2027 so anything involving those would have to wait until the offseason. We pretty much are handcuffed with the team we have unless we can package brook and/or DDV with guys like Pat and DJA (when they're able to be traded) and DJW. You can not trade consecutive first rounders in advance. It's why we gave up 23, 25, and 27 to NO.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#1905 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:20 pm

Wonka wrote:Why would we want to acquire Victor Oladipo on what’s sure to be a rental? I’m confused.

Some posters here are still enamored with PPGZ, they don't even realize that Dipo isn't the defender he was pre injury, or that Donte has outplayed him this year.
slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#1906 » by slos » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:35 pm

MKE_Beers wrote:I see a lot of trades involving bucks first round picks. We can not trade our frps until the day of the draft because we have them going out every other year until 2027 so anything involving those would have to wait until the offseason. We pretty much are handcuffed with the team we have unless we can package brook and/or DDV with guys like Pat and DJA (when they're able to be traded) and DJW. You can not trade consecutive first rounders in advance. It's why we gave up 23, 25, and 27 to NO.

Bucks gave 25 and 27 to NOP and now Houston owns our 22. Which means that Bucks can take back that 22 and give 21 and 23. That’s why you need Houston to give an extra first.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach

Post#1907 » by bdpecore » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:24 pm

slos wrote:
MKE_Beers wrote:I see a lot of trades involving bucks first round picks. We can not trade our frps until the day of the draft because we have them going out every other year until 2027 so anything involving those would have to wait until the offseason. We pretty much are handcuffed with the team we have unless we can package brook and/or DDV with guys like Pat and DJA (when they're able to be traded) and DJW. You can not trade consecutive first rounders in advance. It's why we gave up 23, 25, and 27 to NO.

Bucks gave 25 and 27 to NOP and now Houston owns our 22. Which means that Bucks can take back that 22 and give 21 and 23. That’s why you need Houston to give an extra first.

Hypothetically the Bucks can send out both 2021 and 2023 1sts in a trade with any team in the league as long as they get a 2022 1st in return.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#1908 » by giannis and 1 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:21 am

Pat + 2nd for Bjelica

Sign Ariza if he gets bought out

Brook/Portis/DJW/Diakite
Giannis/Bjelica/Thanasis
Middleton/Ariza/Nwora/Craig
DDV/Forbes/Merill
Jrue/DJA/Adams
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
bdpecore
Assistant Coach

Post#1909 » by bdpecore » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:10 pm

giannis and 1 wrote:Pat + 2nd for Bjelica

Brook/Portis/DJW/Diakite
Giannis/Bjelica/Thanasis
DDV/Forbes/Merill
Jrue/DJA/Adams

If the Kings believe Pat holds positive value this might work but it still doesn’t work salary wise. We need to send out roughly $5.7MM in salary to bring in Bjelica.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1910 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:39 pm

bdpecore wrote:

Brook/Portis/DJW/Diakite
Giannis/Bjelica/Thanasis
DDV/Forbes/Merill
Jrue/DJA/Adams

If the Kings believe Pat holds positive value this might work but it still doesn’t work salary wise. We need to send out roughly $5.7MM in salary to bring in Bjelica.

We need to send out more than that because of the hard cap.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach

Post#1911 » by bdpecore » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:03 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
bdpecore wrote:

Brook/Portis/DJW/Diakite
Giannis/Bjelica/Thanasis
DDV/Forbes/Merill
Jrue/DJA/Adams

Not necessarily since they are currently sitting just under $4.4MM under the hard cap. Then you take into account we are only adding Bjelica’s salary at a prorated amount based on when he’s acquired and the fact we are also only paying the prorated portion of any buyout candidate(s) we sign. There should be plenty of room to maneuver under the cap.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1912 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:51 pm

bdpecore wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
bdpecore wrote:If the Kings believe Pat holds positive value this might work but it still doesn’t work salary wise. We need to send out roughly $5.7MM in salary to bring in Bjelica.

Not necessarily since they are currently sitting just under $4.4MM under the hard cap. Then you take into account we are only adding Bjelica’s salary at a prorated amount based on when he’s acquired and the fact we are also only paying the prorated portion of any buyout candidate(s) we sign. There should be plenty of room to maneuver under the cap.

We're around 500k-700k under the hard cap because of the incentives in Jrue's contract. That's why we're carrying only 14 players.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach

Post#1913 » by bdpecore » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:03 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
bdpecore wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

We're around 500k-700k under the hard cap because of the incentives in Jrue's contract. That's why we're carrying only 14 players.

What incentives are you referring to because the only incentives I see are under $800K and already included in his cap hit.
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#1914 » by Beorn » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:56 pm

can we trade a barrell of feta and some wisconsin sausages for KPJ?
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#1915 » by Fotis St » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:00 pm

Wonka wrote:Why would we want to acquire Victor Oladipo on what’s sure to be a rental? I’m confused.

Why did the Raptors acquired Kawhi, even when he openly stated that he ain't resigning ?

Dipo is a huge piece with playoff experience and there are leadership elements in his soul.

I think come playoffs he will help us more than Donte and we actually have a serious chance winning it all. I am thinking about playoffs and the
Jrue, Dipo, Khris, Giannis, Portis are super scary.
Play them 40 min per game, and I think we win it all. Some decent X&Os from Bud could help and we can name Giannis the new King and Bucks the 2021 NBA Champions.

Nets have raised the difficulty bar to conquer the East, and Miami is trying to get Beal... we need to go all in. Donte has really high trade value right now, but I don't trust him to continue shooting over 40% 3p. This is our year, we can do it, but we need something better than a promising guard, we need someone who has experience.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#1916 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Really feel like our Locker room could help this kid
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#1917 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:14 pm

I guess if by playoff experience you mean 3 total series over 4 years while playing like garbage in 2 of them and never making it past the 1st round, sure?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,458

Post#1918 » by Matches Malone » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:20 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Really feel like our Locker room could help this kid

He has the talent to be a starting SG in the league. I hope he accepts some kind of help though because he seems like he has some mental or anger management issues with all of his off-court stuff he's currently dealing with and now this.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1919 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:24 pm

Not sure how it can be done but yea I'd be taking a chance on Kevin Porter. If it doesn't work, release him. If it does work, you've just added an asset.
#FreeChuckDiesel
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#1920 » by BucksFanSD » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:29 pm

Kevin Porter was drafted with the Bucks pick last year, and the way he played as a young rookie made me wish we had him. But there's a reason why he is a lottery talent who went #30 overall.

I read the article. Porter has some growing up to do with an uphill battle due to his unfortunate upbringing. WIth that said, the Cavs should have told him ahead of time that they were going to move his locker for the new veteran they acquired via trade.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks