ImageImage

2021 NBA Draft - Spoilers OK

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,736

Re: 2021 NBA Draft Scouting 

Post#41 » by emunney » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:54 pm

75 points and 14 steals for Duarte in his last 3 games. Loooong 6-6 guard with touch, slithery off the bounce, range, deceptively rangy defensively due to his length and hands. Skinny -- physically a lot like Klay Thompson at this stage. Always looking for breakout guys and this is absolutely one. Eating the PAC-12 alive. FRP no question, imo, but his shot release is not as quick/pro-ready as Thompson's was.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#42 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:29 pm

emunney wrote:75 points and 14 steals for Duarte in his last 3 games. Loooong 6-6 guard with touch, slithery off the bounce, range, deceptively rangy defensively due to his length and hands. Skinny -- physically a lot like Klay Thompson at this stage. Always looking for breakout guys and this is absolutely one. Eating the PAC-12 alive. FRP no question, imo, but his shot release is not as quick/pro-ready as Thompson's was.

Another breakout player like that is Jared Butler from Baylor (almost said Jared Baylor from Butler). Junior combo guard who reminds me of a young George Hill - though I don't know if he'll pout in a pandemic situation. :wink: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jared-butler-1.html He made a very smart decision to not go in the 2020 draft and has improved dramatically. Right now, mocks have him as a 2nd rounder, but I'm guessing he'll go long before the Bucks pick. I could be wrong though - because of his in-between size - at 6'3 190 - and not being a real PG.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
emunney
RealGM

Post#43 » by emunney » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:25 pm

<-- Josh Giddey fan
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#44 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 3, 2021 3:49 pm

I mentioned Jared Butler from Baylor - who's a stud. His backcourt mate is also very underrated - Davion Mitchell. They're both combo guards. Mitchell's more of a PG and a little shorter - at 6'2 - but strongly built. Both are great at getting steals and have 3 point range. They're the biggest reasons Baylor is undefeated.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#45 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Feb 3, 2021 3:51 pm

emunney wrote:<-- Josh Giddey fan

How does Josh make you feel?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 3, 2021 4:39 pm

Sorry, Josh Giddey is only a slightly better NBA prospect than Josh Gad - good comedian, underrated actor.
emunney
RealGM

Post#47 » by emunney » Wed Feb 3, 2021 5:17 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
emunney wrote:<-- Josh Giddey fan

How does Josh make you feel?

Exuberant
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by Ruzious » Fri Feb 5, 2021 10:26 am

I gotta ask - say we're picking last in the 1st round; should we consider... Luka Garza. I know it's popular to bash his ability, but his stats are absurdly great - he leaves every other college player in the dust. We've been functioning great with a slow skilled center for the last 2 and a fraction seasons. Can Garza fill that Brook Lopez role?
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,960

Post#49 » by RiotPunch » Fri Feb 5, 2021 10:54 am

Ruzious wrote:I gotta ask - say we're picking last in the 1st round; should we consider... Luka Garza. I know it's popular to bash his ability, but his stats are absurdly great - he leaves every other college player in the dust. We've been functioning great with a slow skilled center for the last 2 and a fraction seasons. Can Garza fill that Brook Lopez role?

In short, NOPE.

Great college player, will not cut it in the association.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#50 » by AussieBuck » Fri Feb 5, 2021 11:18 am

RiotPunch wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I gotta ask - say we're picking last in the 1st round; should we consider... Luka Garza. I know it's popular to bash his ability, but his stats are absurdly great - he leaves every other college player in the dust. We've been functioning great with a slow skilled center for the last 2 and a fraction seasons. Can Garza fill that Brook Lopez role?

In short, NOPE.

Think that post was bait.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by Ruzious » Fri Feb 5, 2021 11:50 am

AussieBuck wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

In short, NOPE.

Nope.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,723

Post#52 » by AussieBuck » Fri Feb 5, 2021 11:51 am

Ruzious wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:In short, NOPE.

Nope.

Well I guess you can't account for taste.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#53 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Feb 5, 2021 2:59 pm

- Jared Butler is legit and gives me some pretty serious Jrue Holiday vibes.

- Early "do not want" candidate is Brandon Boston. Don't care about the athleticism or physical tools. He's one of the most awkward, uncoordinated basketball players I've ever seen.

- I'm back on the Charles Bassey train. Dude should be going higher than mid-2nd round in mocks.
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,252

Post#54 » by The Wet Whistle » Fri Feb 5, 2021 3:13 pm

Just looking around at guys in the late first/early second in various mocks. To anyone that actually watches these guys what are your thoughts on Duarte from Oregon?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by Ruzious » Fri Feb 5, 2021 3:43 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:- Jared Butler is legit and gives me some pretty serious Jrue Holiday vibes.

- Early "do not want" candidate is Brandon Boston. Don't care about the athleticism or physical tools. He's one of the most awkward, uncoordinated basketball players I've ever seen.

- I'm back on the Charles Bassey train. Dude should be going higher than mid-2nd round in mocks.

That Baylor backcourt of Butler and Davion Mitchell might be even better than Gonzaga's. Mitchell was always a great harrassing defender in the Patrick Beverly mold, but now he's dramatically improved his offense. Both are very underrated in mock drafts.

Agreed on Boston. This is the least talented Kentucky team in years.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by Ruzious » Sat Feb 6, 2021 8:44 pm

Watching the Texas/Oklahoma State game, and I'd love for Milwaukee to get... you thought I was gonna say Cade Cunningham - ya know that'll never happen - Kai Jones is who I'm talking about. At 6'11 218, he's actually been guarding Cunningham and shutting him down. Tremendous wing defender for that size. He's not very skilled offensively, but he's made 8 of his 19 3 pointers this season, and he's so athletic that he can score a bunch on just energy baskets. Not sure I've seen a more gifted wing defender at his height. If the offense comes around - wow.
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#57 » by Beorn » Sat Feb 6, 2021 10:32 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
LuessiT wrote:I don't know much about US prospects yet but the international class is rather weak.

Got 2 names for you, I really like Roko Prkacin and Ousman Dieng both. What do you think about them? Also if Giannis leaves I hope the Bucks have their pick the year Victor Wembanyama declares, he looks like the soon to be French Freak... who else are some younger guys to keep an eye on?

I always wanted to punch Roko's dad, he used to give me Ustace vibes for no particular reason
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,788

Post#58 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Feb 7, 2021 1:18 am

Ayo Dosunmu is a guy I was looking at last draft and thought "if he was a little better he'd be awesome". He's awesome.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by Ruzious » Sun Feb 7, 2021 1:13 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Ayo Dosunmu is a guy I was looking at last draft and thought "if he was a little better he'd be awesome". He's awesome.

Tremendous performance. He was considered a poor shooter until this season, but he's made over 40% of his 3's this season. He's also added some muscle and has the frame to add even more.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#60 » by midranger » Sun Feb 7, 2021 10:10 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Ayo Dosunmu is a guy I was looking at last draft and thought "if he was a little better he'd be awesome". He's awesome.

Tremendous performance. He was considered a poor shooter until this season, but he's made over 40% of his 3's this season. He's also added some muscle and has the frame to add even more.

Looked like Harden out there.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks