ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,951

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#141 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:32 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
bhchrist wrote:Late to the game on VR, but the Valve Index is pretty freaking great. Half Life Alyx has numerous "holy ****" moments to the point I tried to throw a grenade and knocked over my PC IRL. All ok, thank goodness, but it is pretty good stuff.

That was the main reason I was considering getting a kick ass PC, the VR. Seems dope.

On a different note, AC: Valhalla is just so **** long. I bailed on Odyssey after I'd dumped 40 or 50 hours into it and I felt like I was still 50 hours away if not more from seeing the credits.

I've done some main story story stuff, unlocked most of the map, hunted for a lot of great gear, then took a break and played other stuff. Back to Valhalla and I'm looking at how I'm only level 60ish, and I need to be around 200 before I can even get serious about hunting down the Order of Ancients. Obviously have a ton of story left. I can't even think about the best gear until I'm around 250, and I've already probably put 30 hours in.

This was everyone's primary complaint past the bugs it launched with. And it really hit me because, as much as I loved Odyssey (I really did, Greek mythology is dope), it just didn't end. So this really turned me off when I heard how **** long it is.

It's also one of the reasons I have loved Immortals. There's no bull.

The thing is is that I legitimately enjoy the main story. Like, a lot. I'm not used to that in an AC game, where I usually can't wait to branch out and just do whatever. I think I just got it in my head to try and complete assassinations I wasn't ready for and spent a ton of time finding the dozens of vantage points, or going after gear I didn't need...when I should have just stuck to the story. The slog I went through was probably for the best because it's made going through the story easier, but it didn't feel that way at the time.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#142 » by Sauce Boss » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:29 am

humanrefutation wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
jschligs wrote:
I wanted the Note 20 Ultra so bad but I just can't live the Apple phone ecosystem :(

The iPhone is the last Apple device I have/use regularly at this point, and I think my family and friends would disown me if I left.

I've never had an iPhone, largely because I don't use any Apple products. Even as most of my friends have iPhones, I feel like the only thing I've missed is the lack of iMessaging. Thankfully, WhatsApp has filled that void for the most part.

One of my big reasons I left Android was the state of how it was manufacturer and carrier dependent if they'd update the software to whatever latest release Google would put out. Maybe it's better than it was six years ago, but I remember Motorola/AT&T pretty much abandoned the Moto X (which was awesome) and I couldn't get newer Android versions officially without buying a new phone within like a year.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#143 » by WRau1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:55 am

My Note s20 Ultra 5g is the best phone I've ever had. Also, **** anything Apple.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#144 » by WRau1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:28 pm

Hades is coming to Xbox game pass. Microsoft is killing it in the subscription based genre.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#145 » by Nightfall » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:53 pm

Started playing Skyrim SE on Series X (maybe late to the party but as I said before I started with gaming again 2 years ago).
First impression was great gameplay, very fast with almost 0 loading time during scenes, but graphics looked very dated , especially since I finished Witcher 3 a few months ago.
Then I discovered mods (unlocked fps, improved graphics, motion ,static objects, fixed glitches). I have already spent 40 hrs (who needs to sleep anyway :D , I usually play when the family is sleeping and i am waiting for the Bucks game to start :lol: ).

Also played Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice which I thought was great and very immersive, really looking forward to the Sequel.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#146 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:58 pm

Don't know how I could forget. Happy Scott Pilgrim vs The World Release Week everyone!
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#147 » by crkone » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:00 pm

Nightfall wrote:Started playing Skyrim SE on Series X (maybe late to the party but as I said before I started with gaming again 2 years ago).
First impression was great gameplay, very fast with almost 0 loading time during scenes, but graphics looked very dated , especially since I finished Witcher 3 a few months ago.
Then I discovered mods (unlocked fps, improved graphics, motion ,static objects, fixed glitches). I have already spent 40 hrs (who needs to sleep anyway :D , I usually play when the family is sleeping and i am waiting for the Bucks game to start :lol: ).

Also played Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice which I thought was great and very immersive, really looking forward to the Sequel.

Same withe Skyrim. Updated the graphics with mods for my PC and it is looking pretty good.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#148 » by machu46 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:10 pm

The makers of The Division are now working on a Star Wars open world game that will utilize the same engine as The Division games.

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-game-ubisoft-open-world-story-the-division-massive

Pretty excited about this personally though I know Ubi and The Division are pretty divisive.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,273

Post#149 » by Finn » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:25 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:The iPhone is the last Apple device I have/use regularly at this point, and I think my family and friends would disown me if I left.

I've never had an iPhone, largely because I don't use any Apple products. Even as most of my friends have iPhones, I feel like the only thing I've missed is the lack of iMessaging. Thankfully, WhatsApp has filled that void for the most part.

One of my big reasons I left Android was the state of how it was manufacturer and carrier dependent if they'd update the software to whatever latest release Google would put out. Maybe it's better than it was six years ago, but I remember Motorola/AT&T pretty much abandoned the Moto X (which was awesome) and I couldn't get newer Android versions officially without buying a new phone within like a year.

Exact reason I'm planning to buy an iPhone 12 Mini to replace my Galaxy S7.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#150 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:53 pm

Firing up Dead Cells after not playing for two years is dizzying. It's one of those games that frustrated me because I thought that I should be better at it, but I never managed to finish a run despite all the hours. Now I fire it up and I don't have the muscle(?) memory and there are new pathways and drops and shops that I'm totally in the dark on.
crkone
RealGM

Post#151 » by crkone » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:29 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Firing up Dead Cells after not playing for two years is dizzying. It's one of those games that frustrated me because I thought that I should be better at it, but I never managed to finish a run despite all the hours. Now I fire it up and I don't have the muscle(?) memory and there are new pathways and drops and shops that I'm totally in the dark on.
Play Enter the Gungeon instead. Dead Cells becomes a chore.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#152 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:37 pm

crkone wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Firing up Dead Cells after not playing for two years is dizzying. It's one of those games that frustrated me because I thought that I should be better at it, but I never managed to finish a run despite all the hours. Now I fire it up and I don't have the muscle(?) memory and there are new pathways and drops and shops that I'm totally in the dark on.

Only $8 so I'll give it a look, thanks. Doubt it sticks because I am super not about the bullet hell genre, but the reviews are glowing.

I just feel like I should own at Dead Cells because I was born in the side scroller Ninja Gaiden genre, molded by it.
crkone
RealGM

Post#153 » by crkone » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:55 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
crkone wrote:

Only $8 so I'll give it a look, thanks. Doubt it sticks because I am super not about the bullet hell genre, but the reviews are glowing.

I just feel like I should own at Dead Cells because I was born in the side scroller Ninja Gaiden genre, molded by it.
There's so much to unlock and the humor will give you a chuckle. I'd recommend to any Hades fans.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#154 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:13 am

crkone wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
crkone wrote:Play Enter the Gungeon instead. Dead Cells becomes a chore.

There's so much to unlock and the humor will give you a chuckle. I'd recommend to any Hades fans.

At some point in the last couple years Dead Cells must have added the boon you can pick up that lets you play around with custom games even if you haven't finished a run. I'm playing around with it now and I'm enjoying only picking up Pyrotechnics and the Blade Spinner.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#155 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:54 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Don't know how I could forget. Happy Scott Pilgrim vs The World Release Week everyone!

Read on Twitter

I am so excite to play this again.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#156 » by machu46 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:27 pm

trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#157 » by REDDzone » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:37 pm

Man, I loved Dead Cells. It handles so well. I don't think I could ever get any further than 1 BC activated though.

I'm still playing Fenyx like 50 hours later.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#158 » by skones » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:43 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
The iPhone is the last Apple device I have/use regularly at this point, and I think my family and friends would disown me if I left.

It's better now, but some OEMs still have their hiccups with updates. With that being said, Android is very much a mature OS so the software updates are pretty small in that they're generally patchwork. If you elect to go with a Pixel device or something like the OnePlus, those devices are not only supported, but get updates almost immediately upon software drop.

The MotoX being abandoned was a shame. It was a pretty groundbreaking device though it never gets credit for it with the always listening feature. When Google sold Motorola, it was the nail in the coffin unfortunately.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#159 » by glenn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:11 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Don't know how I could forget. Happy Scott Pilgrim vs The World Release Week everyone!

Read on Twitter

Considering getting a physical copy from Limited Run Games. Never know if I may need it.

What system are you getting it for? I tend to default to Switch for these types of games.
:reporter:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#160 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:37 pm

glenn wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Read on Twitter

Considering getting a physical copy from Limited Run Games. Never know if I may need it.

What system are you getting it for? I tend to default to Switch for these types of games.

Switch too, most likely. When I got my PS5 I was just anxious to play it so I didn't bother setting it up through my receiver and potentially having to reassign inputs. I should have done it by now, but alas.

So I'll go with the Switch and enjoy those sweet Anamanaguchi tunes in my nice surround sound.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks