Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 7,155

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1861 » by TroyD92 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:46 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Has anyone played Lost Ark? I know there were a couple betas, and it's been available in other markets/through VPN for years. I'm not sure if it's a game I'll like or not. MMO-ARPG, and it looks heavily P2W. I certainly won't be purchasing any of their starter packs, but wondering if I'll even try it out at launch.

Its not p2w at all

Can you give some more detail? Everything I've read points to P2W. You can buy cosmetics that have stat buffs. In end-game, gear sounds like an absolutely enormous grind, where you can buy them instantly with cash. This is a big contrast to something like POE, which is just cosmetics and stash space.

One PVP has absolutely zero grind requirements. It's just build/skill vs build/skill. Dungeons have gear, but you won't get carried by having better gear. If you're **** at the mechanics you're going to die
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1862 » by TroyD92 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:48 pm

You can "pay" to progress faster, but endgame is the same for everyone
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 6,030

Post#1863 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:49 pm

TroyD92 wrote:You can "pay" to progress faster, but endgame is the same for everyone

That's what P2W is, man :D P2W doesn't always mean locked content. I'd argue, in fact, that this newer style of 'no everyone can play!...but paying is easier' is now the dominant form of P2W. It's ok, it's a game methodology and my intent isn't to be critical. But it's not really for me.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1864 » by TroyD92 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:52 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:You can "pay" to progress faster, but endgame is the same for everyone

That's what P2W is, man :D P2W doesn't always mean locked content. I'd argue, in fact, that this newer style of 'no everyone can play!...but paying is easier' is now the dominant form of P2W. It's ok, it's a game methodology and my intent isn't to be critical. But it's not really for me.

I don't really agree with your definition but its fair. I'd say give it a try. It's pretty much constantly rated as one of the most popular games in Korea.

WoW is p2w by that standard then, but every mmo fan loves wow
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1865 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:58 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I don't really agree with your definition but its fair. I'd say give it a try. It's pretty much constantly rated as one of the most popular games in Korea.

I don't play PVP, and really even MMOs - I dabbled in FF14 for a bit, which is the extent of my experience with them - so that may be the disconnect here.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#1866 » by TroyD92 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:02 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I don't play PVP, and really even MMOs - I dabbled in FF14 for a bit, which is the extent of my experience with them - so that may be the disconnect here.

Yeah thats fair. I think I should have said it a bit better. Basically dungeons aren't scored there's no content in the game that compares dungeon clear scores. So in that sense competing on the top end in PVE doesn't really exist. However PVP is ungeared and based on builds/skill so while technically aspects are "P2W" every mmorpg has those mechanics. If you don't care about competing I'd give it a try and just play f2p. Gameplay looks insanely fun.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Henchman24
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#1867 » by Henchman24 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:32 pm

Sooo... I need some help with Hades. I'm not going to say how many times I've played, but, it's embarrassing. In particular b/c I made it out to fight Hades at about 25 tries and I thought, well, I'm close, it should only take a few more tries. Wrong.

Does anyone have any suggested builds? Which weapon do you prefer? Any other strategies?

TIA!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,160

Post#1868 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:58 pm

Henchman24 wrote:Sooo... I need some help with Hades. I'm not going to say how many times I've played, but, it's embarrassing. In particular b/c I made it out to fight Hades at about 25 tries and I thought, well, I'm close, it should only take a few more tries. Wrong.

Does anyone have any suggested builds? Which weapon do you prefer? Any other strategies?

TIA!

Without looking up the stats, I know I definitely had the most success with the Shield.
Sauce Boss
Analyst
And1: 696

Post#1869 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:40 pm

Better late than never, but I’m first playing God of War now that it’s on PC. Absolutely loving it. The Leviathan Axe is just a joy to use. Hoping I don’t miss too many secrets, as I’m scouring every nook and cranny for collectibles, ravens and rewards.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1870 » by ReasonablySober » Yesterday 1:20 pm

Read on Twitter

HO-LY ****.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 7,838

Post#1871 » by crkone » Yesterday 1:53 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

HO-LY ****.

That's a **** ton of money. $70 billion.

Code: Select all

________
    o      |   __   |
      \_ O |  |__|  |
   ____/ \ |___WW___|
   __/   /     ||
               ||
               ||
_______________||________________
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1872 » by ReasonablySober » Yesterday 3:54 pm

Read on Twitter
FrieAaron
Head Coach
And1: 3,755

Post#1873 » by FrieAaron » Yesterday 5:44 pm

Wow. I guess that's one way to get Kotick out.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1874 » by MikeIsGood » Yesterday 6:56 pm

I'm not sure what to think about this yet, other than I generally do not care and presume it will lead to greatly overhauled leadership and culture at Activision before ultimately letting them be autonomous. Which is obviously a good thing.

But I don't think I like MS buying-up all of the gigantic studios. Will need to think on that one.
Sauce Boss
Analyst
And1: 696

Post#1875 » by Sauce Boss » Today 4:17 am

MikeIsGood wrote:I'm not sure what to think about this yet, other than I generally do not care and presume it will lead to greatly overhauled leadership and culture at Activision before ultimately letting them be autonomous. Which is obviously a good thing.

But I don't think I like MS buying-up all of the gigantic studios. Will need to think on that one.

I also don’t like MS treading in anti-trust waters. That said, and this sounds weird, but I don’t think Activision’s portfolio is very diverse and it bother’s me less than the Bethesda acquisition. Largely because ActiBlizz was not in a good place and they needed someone bigger than them to get their house in order.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1876 » by MikeIsGood » Today 2:47 pm

Omg omg omg I'm so hyped :D

I really wish this, Elden Ring, and Triangle Strategy weren't all coming out in back-to-back-to-back weeks, though. This will be first up for me.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1877 » by ReasonablySober » Today 3:09 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:

Omg omg omg I'm so hyped :D

I really wish this, Elden Ring, and Triangle Strategy weren't all coming out in back-to-back-to-back weeks, though. This will be first up for me.

Was lukewarm on HFW (though I'm sure I was gonna pick it up anyway) but that looks really good.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks