ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1701 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Dec 4, 2021 4:20 am

PintSizedBox10 wrote:It's about time. I have PS Plus and the monthly games are usually awful. No actual ps5 games or upgraded versions of games.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

Promise I'm not making excuses for Sony - the games have sucked recently, haven't played any - but there are PS5 games (Destruction All-Stars, Oddworld) and upgrades of them (Control, Plague Tale: Innosance). They just aren't what you (or I) want. MS has crushed them with AAA and AA titles that are current, mind you they have had to because MS was so dramatically far behind in market share. I think Sony is finally starting to see that they'll be passed by quickly if they don't get subscribers, since subscriptions are the big money-maker right now.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,045

Post#1702 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Dec 4, 2021 5:04 am

MikeIsGood wrote:DS update:

I beat 4-1 and 1-2 with fairly little trouble. I think the most trouble I had was with 4-1 and the area behind the invisible walls; the skellies protecting that area were positioned in a way that made things pretty difficult to me. But the boss was a total pushover, and I was able to snipe 1-2's boss.

I moved onto 5-1 and I now want to throw my PS5 out the window.

ETA: Ok, got through it. The boss was easy again - I am guessing because I'm beginning to see how OP magic is as I level up and get more spells - but the path to get there was an absolute pain in the ass. But I never would have guessed I'd be 22 hours and 7 stages/bosses into a Souls game :)

*single tear* :D

5-1 is a YOLO level. I ignore about everything and truck it to the boss as quickly as I can because you're right, he's a pushover. I think most of them are, TBH. The three that I'd consider a decent challenge are False King Alant (1-4), Maneater (3-2), and fu*king Flamelurker (2-2). Others can be tough, but there are ways to make the fights cakewalks.

Maneater is the most frustrating, but Flamelurker in NG+ is where I usually need a break (if I don't hit a wall right there and don't return). **** that guy.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#1703 » by machu46 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 2:41 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
PintSizedBox10 wrote:It's about time. I have PS Plus and the monthly games are usually awful. No actual ps5 games or upgraded versions of games.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

Promise I'm not making excuses for Sony - the games have sucked recently, haven't played any - but there are PS5 games (Destruction All-Stars, Oddworld) and upgrades of them (Control, Plague Tale: Innosance). They just aren't what you (or I) want. MS has crushed them with AAA and AA titles that are current, mind you they have had to because MS was so dramatically far behind in market share. I think Sony is finally starting to see that they'll be passed by quickly if they don't get subscribers, since subscriptions are the big money-maker right now.

Godfall was a PS5 launch game too but at the end of the day, it all pales in comparison greatly to Game Pass.

Also, Destruction All Stars was honestly pretty sweet but it unfortunately didn’t get the audience it needed to stay alive. The gameplay itself was very fun though, kinda similar to that Knockout City game from that sense (which also ended up on PS+ I believe)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#1704 » by jschligs » Sat Dec 4, 2021 9:01 pm

Ranked Platinum 2 in Halo Infinite. I'm pretty shocked as I haven't played a Halo is so long. Looks like I still got it 8-)

Going to grind my way to Diamond, doubt I'll ever sniff Onyx. Game is fun but when they release more modes/maps it will immediately jump to GotY status.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1705 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Dec 4, 2021 9:27 pm

I'm looking forward to playing my first Halo campaign since 2, but I still have no interest in multiplayer.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1706 » by WRau1 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 10:02 pm

I honestly haven't spent more than 10 mins playing any Halo game. Ever.

ETA - outside of some CS at lan parties/internet cafes back in the day or some old CoD w/ my nephew, I just can't get into FPS.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1707 » by Sauce Boss » Sun Dec 5, 2021 3:00 am

jschligs wrote:Ranked Platinum 2 in Halo Infinite. I'm pretty shocked as I haven't played a Halo is so long. Looks like I still got it 8-)

Going to grind my way to Diamond, doubt I'll ever sniff Onyx. Game is fun but when they release more modes/maps it will immediately jump to GotY status.

Don’t know if I’ll ever play ranked, but pretty sure I’d suck at it. I feel like I do solid solo, ok to good queuing with one friend, and just bad when queuing with three to four. Still having fun, but I don’t quite have as good of a grasp on Halo as other shooters that focus more on ADS and have faster TTK.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
machu46
General Manager

Post#1708 » by machu46 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 1:52 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
jschligs wrote:Ranked Platinum 2 in Halo Infinite. I'm pretty shocked as I haven't played a Halo is so long. Looks like I still got it 8-)

Don’t know if I’ll ever play ranked, but pretty sure I’d suck at it. I feel like I do solid solo, ok to good queuing with one friend, and just bad when queuing with three to four. Still having fun, but I don’t quite have as good of a grasp on Halo as other shooters that focus more on ADS and have faster TTK.

I will say Halo is the rare FPS where controller people have an advantage over MnK.

jschligs
General Manager

Post#1709 » by jschligs » Sun Dec 5, 2021 2:39 pm

machu46 wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:

I will say Halo is the rare FPS where controller people have an advantage over MnK.

Bought an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller specifically for this game and Forza Horizon 5. You're at a severe disadvantage IMO with KB+M.

Halo is definitely a different MP experience than the CoDs, BFs, etc type games.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1710 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Dec 5, 2021 3:46 pm

Started playing FE Three Houses again, and all it did was make me wish there were console versions of Awakening and Fates. I really, really hate the monastery part of Three Houses so much.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#1711 » by StickeeFingaz » Sun Dec 5, 2021 4:15 pm

I'm getting back into Warzone in anticipation of the new map releasing in a few days, pretty excited.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1712 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Dec 5, 2021 4:34 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Started playing FE Three Houses again, and all it did was make me wish there were console versions of Awakening and Fates. I really, really hate the monastery part of Three Houses so much.

And today I realized I have no idea where my 3DS is, since I haven't needed it since I moved a few years ago. Looked everywhere, but nope. This sucks!
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#1713 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Dec 5, 2021 4:51 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Started playing FE Three Houses again, and all it did was make me wish there were console versions of Awakening and Fates. I really, really hate the monastery part of Three Houses so much.

And today I realized I have no idea where my 3DS is, since I haven't needed it since I moved a few years ago. Looked everywhere, but nope. This sucks!

For some reason this reminded me - did you see the rumored Sony Game Pass-like service might include a tier with PS1, PS2, PS3...and PSP games? Opens the door for FFT: War of the Lions on console.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1714 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Dec 5, 2021 4:57 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

For some reason this reminded me - did you see the rumored Sony Game Pass-like service might include a tier with PS1, PS2, PS3...and PSP games? Opens the door for FFT: War of the Lions on console.

Saw that, but never got into War of the Lions. I played the original so much the new localization upset me :lol:
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#1715 » by Siefer » Sun Dec 5, 2021 7:44 pm

Square is really testing me with their "you have to reinstall FF7R for PS4 to transfer your save to the PS5" bull.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1716 » by jschligs » Mon Dec 6, 2021 12:40 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:I'm getting back into Warzone in anticipation of the new map releasing in a few days, pretty excited.

I still play pretty regularly with some buddies. We only play Rebirth, so while I'm excited for the new map I'm bummed because I don't want to lose Rebirth. It'll be back, but the smaller maps with more action and countdown respawn is so much more fun for us.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1717 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:46 am

I hadn't played Fortnite since around the time it was released, but I installed and got back into it tonight and I love it. I can't and don't bother with the building stuff, but I love the team based matches. I'm terrible but I'm having a blast.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1718 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Dec 6, 2021 4:03 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I hadn't played Fortnite since around the time it was released, but I installed and got back into it tonight and I love it. I can't and don't bother with the building stuff, but I love the team based matches. I'm terrible but I'm having a blast.

Not going to lie, this was out of left field. Not a game I’d think you’d play.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,826

Post#1719 » by tydett » Mon Dec 6, 2021 4:46 am

MikeIsGood wrote:DS update:

I beat 4-1 and 1-2 with fairly little trouble. I think the most trouble I had was with 4-1 and the area behind the invisible walls; the skellies protecting that area were positioned in a way that made things pretty difficult to me. But the boss was a total pushover, and I was able to snipe 1-2's boss.

I moved onto 5-1 and I now want to throw my PS5 out the window.

ETA: Ok, got through it. The boss was easy again - I am guessing because I'm beginning to see how OP magic is as I level up and get more spells - but the path to get there was an absolute pain in the ass. But I never would have guessed I'd be 22 hours and 7 stages/bosses into a Souls game :)

5-1 is **** ridiculous. On NG+, it's an actual **** wall. Took me like 2 hours and I just dusted everything else.
machu46
General Manager

Post#1720 » by machu46 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:48 pm

I feel like there's a couple of you out there...if you have both the Xbox Series X and the PS5, are there any major differences between the two that should sway people one way or the other (not trying to get into fanboy stuff/game exclusives)? A friend of mine is trying to decide which console to get; she had a PS4 this last cycle but with everything going towards crossplay and her love of Halo, she's considering an Xbox for the first time since the 360 but she's nervous it might just not be as good a system as the PS5.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks