ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
machu46
General Manager
Posts: 8,423
And1: 2,738
Joined: Jun 28, 2012
Location: DC
       

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1581 » by machu46 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:19 am

For those that might be interested, Football Manager 2022 is available on Xbox Game Pass.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 29,304
And1: 5,843
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1582 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:32 pm



Unless we hear that this is uber difficult and not new-to-DS-friendly, this may actually be my first foray into the genre. This just looks so good.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 84,003
And1: 23,635
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1583 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:16 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:

Unless we hear that this is uber difficult and not new-to-DS-friendly, this may actually be my first foray into the genre. This just looks so good.


I think I've read there's gonna be difficulty options. But even if there isn't, to me this looks to be magic heavy, and magic in DS = easy mode. So far what I've seen makes this an ironic entry point into the Souls universe, since so many elements are clearly ripped right from the series.
tydett
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,502
And1: 4,730
Joined: Feb 15, 2012
   

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1584 » by tydett » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:18 pm

machu46 wrote:For those that might be interested, Football Manager 2022 is available on Xbox Game Pass.


It is, and is my favorite entry in recent years (although, to be fair, I have spent only a little time in recent clients). About 10 hours in so far and already promoted from **** league to 5th British division (I usually start with a small team and try to work as far as I can). Really like the interface and smoothness of this year - plus being included in Game Pass Day 1 is fantastic.
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 29,304
And1: 5,843
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1585 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:27 am

Anyone got tips for drifting? I am absolutely awful at it when it comes to trying to make challenges.
User avatar
jschligs
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,154
And1: 3,365
Joined: Jul 20, 2016
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1586 » by jschligs » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:53 am

Been in FL for two weeks for work and then vacation. Can’t wait to get home to play FH5. Looks insane and can’t wait to put my 3080Ti to work.
BucksStatsGuy
Sophomore
Posts: 185
And1: 563
Joined: Dec 02, 2013

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1587 » by BucksStatsGuy » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:56 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:I think I've said this in previous Hades discussions, but the Aspect of Chiron bow absolutely melts and does so consistently. Throw some Titan blood at it to upgrade that aspect and enjoy several consecutive clears.

That's what I did and what I regret! I couldn't get out of the first level. I hate charging the shots.

Use the secondary. You don’t use the charge shot in that build.


Yup, no charge shot. And Aspect of Chiron for sure. Basically all special, and seek out Artemis for both critical chance + damage upgrades. In terms of the Hammer upgrades, IIRC, Piercing Volley and Relentless Volley together is pretty solid, tho depending on the "god" powers you use, the sniper shot / flurry shot can be quite good (iirc there's the one that adds more damage from farther away, and then stacked with sniper shot you can be very careful with rooms and just pick people off)

I think the Bow is a really good one to learn how to dash and just avoid confrontation in crowded rooms. That helps a lot for all the weapons. I probably cleared the game 5 times with the Bow before I did with any other weapon, and def the one that I use now if I'm trying to play Hell Mode and advancing through that.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 84,003
And1: 23,635
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1588 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:01 pm

BucksStatsGuy wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:That's what I did and what I regret! I couldn't get out of the first level. I hate charging the shots.

Use the secondary. You don’t use the charge shot in that build.


Yup, no charge shot. And Aspect of Chiron for sure. Basically all special, and seek out Artemis for both critical chance + damage upgrades. In terms of the Hammer upgrades, IIRC, Piercing Volley and Relentless Volley together is pretty solid, tho depending on the "god" powers you use, the sniper shot / flurry shot can be quite good (iirc there's the one that adds more damage from farther away, and then stacked with sniper shot you can be very careful with rooms and just pick people off)

I think the Bow is a really good one to learn how to dash and just avoid confrontation in crowded rooms. That helps a lot for all the weapons. I probably cleared the game 5 times with the Bow before I did with any other weapon, and def the one that I use now if I'm trying to play Hell Mode and advancing through that.


The way Aspect of Chiron works is you have to first use your charged arrow attack before you send the special.

Read on Twitter


I hate it.
ReginaldDwight
Veteran
Posts: 2,505
And1: 1,038
Joined: Feb 11, 2015
   

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1589 » by ReginaldDwight » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:23 pm

jschligs wrote:Been in FL for two weeks for work and then vacation. Can’t wait to get home to play FH5. Looks insane and can’t wait to put my 3080Ti to work.

Been reading some crashing issues for folks with super high end pcs right now. Hopefully you have none of the issues.
User avatar
glenn
Analyst
Posts: 3,595
And1: 3,595
Joined: Oct 05, 2010
Location: Craft Sausages

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1590 » by glenn » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:23 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Anyone got tips for drifting? I am absolutely awful at it when it comes to trying to make challenges.

Not sure how deep you want to go into tunes, but my first recommendation is to search for a user created drift tune in the garage. When you pick one it lets you install all necessary upgrades immediately. For settings you want manual shifting on and traction and stability control off. If you have the right tune you can pretty much just go into 3rd or 4th gear and start drifting. I only use RWD personally. For the longest time I couldn’t get more than one star in any drift zone, but once I started doing the above steps I managed to 3 star all zones and the drift club challenges in 4.
:reporter:
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 29,304
And1: 5,843
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1591 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:03 pm

glenn wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Anyone got tips for drifting? I am absolutely awful at it when it comes to trying to make challenges.

Not sure how deep you want to go into tunes, but my first recommendation is to search for a user created drift tune in the garage. When you pick one it lets you install all necessary upgrades immediately. For settings you want manual shifting on and traction and stability control off. If you have the right tune you can pretty much just go into 3rd or 4th gear and start drifting. I only use RWD personally. For the longest time I couldn’t get more than one star in any drift zone, but once I started doing the above steps I managed to 3 star all zones and the drift club challenges in 4.


I tried this to get the weekly bonus for the Nissan Z Fairlady, and I dropped 80K on parts and tunes for the car and I was still terrible. I just gave up, but it was a highly-rated tune so I presume it's me just needing to git gud.
User avatar
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,721
And1: 890
Joined: Nov 24, 2005
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1592 » by ClassicJack » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:46 pm

Rockstar should be ashamed of themselves.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 84,003
And1: 23,635
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1593 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:03 pm

ClassicJack wrote:Rockstar should be ashamed of themselves.


What'd they do?
TroyD92
RealGM
Posts: 17,269
And1: 6,984
Joined: Mar 28, 2013
Location: Renewed Hope
 

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1594 » by TroyD92 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:11 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
ClassicJack wrote:Rockstar should be ashamed of themselves.


What'd they do?


Maintenance on the launcher a few minutes after release.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 29,304
And1: 5,843
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1595 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:14 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
ClassicJack wrote:Rockstar should be ashamed of themselves.


What'd they do?


Maintenance on the launcher a few minutes after release.


Sounds like a modern-day release :lol:
User avatar
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,721
And1: 890
Joined: Nov 24, 2005
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1596 » by ClassicJack » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:36 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
ClassicJack wrote:Rockstar should be ashamed of themselves.


What'd they do?


The half assed remaster of the GTA Trilogy. I didn't buy it but the videos and memes I've seen have been pure f*ckery.

Meanwhile I truly doubt we get GTAVI this console gen.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 84,003
And1: 23,635
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1597 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:54 pm

ClassicJack wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
ClassicJack wrote:Rockstar should be ashamed of themselves.


What'd they do?


The half assed remaster of the GTA Trilogy. I didn't buy it but the videos and memes I've seen have been pure f*ckery.

Meanwhile I truly doubt we get GTAVI this console gen.


Ahh, I wasn't impressed at the screenshots and videos I'd seen running up to the release. But I've been never been impressed with 95% of remasters.
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 29,304
And1: 5,843
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1598 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:24 am

I'm away-from-desktop and not even going to bother trying to run FH5 on my good-but-3 years old laptop. I've wanted to do another run of Pillars 2 recently, so picking that up again. Choosing classes is always so hard.
User avatar
WRau1
RealGM
Posts: 10,457
And1: 3,744
Joined: Apr 30, 2005
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1599 » by WRau1 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:14 am

Got an email that Steam is delaying the Steam Deck by at least 2 months :(

Also, I have hated RockStar for a long, long time. Not only do I think that GTA is the most overrated series of all time, I was running a FuncoLand when they released State of Emergency. I had customers seriously ready to fight me because we weren't allowed to process returns on that game just because everyone hated it. One of the worst games of all time. That's also when their magazine Game Informer was called out for taking handouts from game companies (such as Rockstar for State of Emergency) for saying that SoE was a near perfect game. Actually, maybe I hate RockStar because I hated working at GameStop. Too late to work that out, **** both of them.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
User avatar
glenn
Analyst
Posts: 3,595
And1: 3,595
Joined: Oct 05, 2010
Location: Craft Sausages

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1600 » by glenn » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:39 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
glenn wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Anyone got tips for drifting? I am absolutely awful at it when it comes to trying to make challenges.

Not sure how deep you want to go into tunes, but my first recommendation is to search for a user created drift tune in the garage. When you pick one it lets you install all necessary upgrades immediately. For settings you want manual shifting on and traction and stability control off. If you have the right tune you can pretty much just go into 3rd or 4th gear and start drifting. I only use RWD personally. For the longest time I couldn’t get more than one star in any drift zone, but once I started doing the above steps I managed to 3 star all zones and the drift club challenges in 4.


I tried this to get the weekly bonus for the Nissan Z Fairlady, and I dropped 80K on parts and tunes for the car and I was still terrible. I just gave up, but it was a highly-rated tune so I presume it's me just needing to git gud.

Don't remember what that goal was, but the weekly challenges can be a pain (this week they have you do it in another Nissan that's terrible for drifting). Practice helps, but the tune might have sucked also. I check the creator card and try to find someone that has a lot of followers/downloads. I had trouble with this week's challenge until I realized that you can't use the e-brake and that it doesn't matter if you finish the race.

I just finished getting 3 stars in all drift zones using the BMW 325i and the "driftzones" tune by KenBlocksSohn. Never left first gear.
:reporter:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks