ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#181 » by WRau1 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:56 pm

I'm really enjoying the cp2077 story, all of it. Surprised at some of the topics they cover from depression to religion, just really unique. I was laughing so hard at the escaped Japanese surgeon quest, so good.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,068

Post#182 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:06 pm

jschligs wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Huh. It's weird how the range of opinions on CB2077 are, but I guess that's expected based on expectations, platforms, and previous experience with the genre. I don't think it's without flaws, but in my experience the flaws were very limited to some clipping and hard crashes I had to deal with every three or four hours or so. Everything else was incredible.

To me the flaws really weren't the bugs. It was the gameplay. It just wasn't fun or polished. Sure, comparing it to GTA IV/V and RDR2 might be unfair, but they at one point said it's going to rival RDR2 in terms of polish and it didn't come close. It even feels like your character slides across the floor. I don't know. I soured on it quick.

It's not as polished as RDR2, but I thought that was a good thing. I don't need to do all the micro-stuff that plagued RDR2, have every action fully animated. Losing weight if I don't eat enough, or having to monitor my horse's eating and condition. I LOVED RDR, and RDR2 was a chore I never want to go back to.

To me CB2027 shined in gameplay, interesting characters, cool quests, and little moments where the acting made you forget you were playing a game. A random small example stood out where I was asked to get into a limo with the mayor of the city and his wife. Mayor is talking but during the entire conversation the wife is doing random human-like things instead of sitting there like a typical NPC. Fidgeting, emoting, playing with her cigarette. It was cool as hell. That was a small example.

But above all I liked how each of my choices felt consequential. I think I got what is considered "the best" ending, but it came as a result of a dozen or so choices I'd made along the way. I went back after I finished and started cleaning up outstanding missions and found more random missions that would have massively changed my ending.

Then I put it down and started Valhalla but I'm gonna go back at some point. But my amazement still stands. Outside of some minor bugs, I can't find anything wrong with it. I think it's a masterpiece.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#183 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:56 am

Hitman 3 is out this week and I'm gonna dive back in. It's a series I loved about 20 years ago (the Ballers were amazing), and then I stopped paying attention, and then they got good (apparently) five years ago. I've tried to get into them but I've always bounced off.

Anyway, Hitman 2 is an included game with PS+, so I'm gonna give it a shot.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,678

Post#184 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:01 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Anyway, Hitman 2 is an included game with PS+, so I'm gonna give it a shot.

What? Can you say more? The January games were Tomb Raider and Greedfall. Am I missing something?

I'm definitely leaning towards jumping into Hitman 3, after PoE's league (which could be a while, it's maybe the best yet).
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,671

Post#185 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:27 pm

Loved Hitman 1 + 2, so much stupid fun to be had. I'll definitely be getting Hitman 3.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#186 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:43 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#187 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:50 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Anyway, Hitman 2 is an included game with PS+, so I'm gonna give it a shot.

What? Can you say more? The January games were Tomb Raider and Greedfall. Am I missing something?

I'm definitely leaning towards jumping into Hitman 3, after PoE's league (which could be a while, it's maybe the best yet).

My bad, I meant PS Now.

I've always bounced off Hitman but I'm a couple missions into Hitman 2 and I'm enjoying it. It's nice to play while listening to podcasts.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#188 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:28 pm

The last Hitman game I truly loved was Blood Money. Absolution was a step backwards IMO. Are Hitman 1+2 more in line with what they used to be (i.e. more stealth/creativity and less "shoot-em up")?
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,115

Post#189 » by MissKhriddleton » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:51 pm

My problem with the Hitman games is that I never know what to do. So then I look things up or turn on hints and then it feels like it's way too easy. Wish there was some sort of happy medium.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#190 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:06 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:The last Hitman game I truly loved was Blood Money. Absolution was a step backwards IMO. Are Hitman 1+2 more in line with what they used to be (i.e. more stealth/creativity and less "shoot-em up")?

They’re a return to form. I think I rarely used a gun in Hitman (2016). If you’re on PC, I know on Steam you can download the first level of Hitman + Hitman 2 for free to play around with before you decide to buy. I think the Hitman level is a training level and the Hitman 2 one is a legit level as a word of warning, but I could be wrong.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
WRau1
RealGM

Post#191 » by WRau1 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:19 pm

Agree.

#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#192 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:03 pm

WRau1 wrote:Agree.

Oh I was 100% team Judy. (Also had no romance option for Panam).
thonnisbeastley
Pro Prospect
And1: 674

Post#193 » by thonnisbeastley » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:07 pm

Been searching for a ps5 for a month now, hopefully they're widely available soon..
WRau1
RealGM

Post#194 » by WRau1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:11 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Agree.

Oh I was 100% team Judy. (Also had no romance option for Panam).

Can you romance her with a guy?
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#195 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:20 am

WRau1 wrote:Can you romance her with a guy?

Judy is female only I think.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#196 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:14 pm

Hitman is so frustrating. I'm just a normal dude, not carrying weapons, walking in a busy city where there's hundreds of others just like me, and every time I walk past a soldier or security or whatever, I'm immediately suspicious and fired upon.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,674

Post#197 » by Matches Malone » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:18 pm

I'm not an xbox user, but this sounds lame.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#198 » by crkone » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:43 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Hitman is so frustrating. I'm just a normal dude, not carrying weapons, walking in a busy city where there's hundreds of others just like me, and every time I walk past a soldier or security or whatever, I'm immediately suspicious and fired upon.

Hmm I wonder why...

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,678

Post#199 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:50 pm

Matches Malone wrote:I'm not an xbox user, but this sounds lame.

Read on Twitter

Does Game Pass Ultimate include Live Gold as part of the subscription? I've only ever subscribed as a PC user, so I also have no idea/am not an xbox user. But my guess is that this is MS's push to get people onto their most premium plan (which is more expensive yet, past their into deals). Then, they'll bump that price too.

MS wasn't going to stay cheap forever. They just needed to get some market share back. This looks like shift 1.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#200 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:58 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:I'm not an xbox user, but this sounds lame.

Read on Twitter

Does Game Pass Ultimate include Live Gold as part of the subscription? I've only ever subscribed as a PC user, so I also have no idea/am not an xbox user. But my guess is that this is MS's push to get people onto their most premium plan (which is more expensive yet, past their into deals). Then, they'll bump that price too.

MS wasn't going to stay cheap forever. They just needed to get some market share back. This looks like shift 1.

Apparently Gamepass includes Live Gold and I had no idea! Like the dummy I am I've been paying for both.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks