ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,678

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1961 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:17 am

Sauce Boss wrote:For a lack of better terms, I “platinumed” God of War on PC. If there were achievements tied to getting Ares and Zeus armor in NG+ I’d be tempted to start another file, but think I’m done with it for now. Really hope Ragnarok gets ported to PC eventually, because it’d suck to be stuck with only half of the duology. Leaves me with a big void to fill. Perhaps I’ll start Mass Effect Legendary Edition or just grind the ladder in Guilty Gear Strive for a bit.

It didn't connect with me somehow, but clearly was a wonderful game.

Consider checking out Horizon Zero Dawn. Entirely different from GoW, just reminded of it as a port. Wonderful story and characters IMO, interesting setting, beautiful world (5 years ago, at least, but I'd imagine it holds up well), and side quests somewhere in between dumb open world BS and Witcher 3 :)

EDIT: A game I actually stuck with to finish - easily :D
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1962 » by Sauce Boss » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:44 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:For a lack of better terms, I “platinumed” God of War on PC. If there were achievements tied to getting Ares and Zeus armor in NG+ I’d be tempted to start another file, but think I’m done with it for now. Really hope Ragnarok gets ported to PC eventually, because it’d suck to be stuck with only half of the duology. Leaves me with a big void to fill. Perhaps I’ll start Mass Effect Legendary Edition or just grind the ladder in Guilty Gear Strive for a bit.

It didn't connect with me somehow, but clearly was a wonderful game.

Consider checking out Horizon Zero Dawn. Entirely different from GoW, just reminded of it as a port. Wonderful story and characters IMO, interesting setting, beautiful world (5 years ago, at least, but I'd imagine it holds up well), and side quests somewhere in between dumb open world BS and Witcher 3 :)

EDIT: A game I actually stuck with to finish - easily :D

I grabbed HZD when it was ported, also loved that game! Played both over 60hrs which says a lot for me. I think most games wear out their welcome in half the time.

That said, I also hope Forbidden West makes its way to PC in less than 4-5 years. I definitely need more of that story as well.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,229

Post#1963 » by PintSizedBox10 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:26 pm

I finally beat Demon Souls. Ended up putting the game down months ago after two/three attempts against the Maneaters but decided to pick it back up two weeks ago. Last night I breezed through 6 bosses in about 2 hours (only dying two total times by rolling off the platform against the Maneaters).

Then here I am taking what felt like the final path to face Old King Allant, getting ready to sweat my ass off to beat him and the fight was completely braindead. His attacks barely hurt me, and I was able to stun lock him with repeated light hits. I was soul Level 73 or 74 so maybe I was just crazy over leveled?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#1964 » by crkone » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:21 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:After a day with it, my best run was

Inlaid Library
Krochi Freeto
23:47
Gold 862
Levl 45
Enemies Defeated 13352

Spoilers but I think this is my best run yet:

Spoiler:

Again spoilers if you haven't unlocked everything yet.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1965 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:49 am

Some POE lingo/context before I say more...

League: Every ~3 months. Some new form of in-map mechanic, usually, with a different means of getting loot, and sometimes a new mini-boss you can work toward ultimately.
Expansion: Every ~15 months. Overhaul of end game mapping system, new atlas (the congregation of all of the maps you run), new bosses, usually new features, more refined overall experience.

The latest league brought with it a new expansion, and this is truly the best POE has felt to me in over 2 years. It's still stupidly complex - both for better and worse - but it's so much more intuitive and even simplified compared to what it has been. Most notably, they have a new system that enables you to better target run the content from previous expansions that you want to run, instead of it being a crapshoot or kind of shoehorning you into running it all. It feels so, so good. I haven't played this much in well over a year.

The league mechanic is actually pretty small and unremarkable, but it doesn't even register as neutral or a disappointment because of how good the rest of it feels. It's really refreshing and I was absolutely not expecting it at all.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1966 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:41 pm

HFW reviews are out and they good. I'm purposefully, largely staying away from them, but I cannot wait for Friday.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,902

Post#1967 » by jschligs » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:00 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:HFW reviews are out and they good. I'm purposefully, largely staying away from them, but I cannot wait for Friday.

I need to get off my ass and play the first one. I own it, just never got around to it after an initial 15 minutes of play. Looks amazing.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#1968 » by TroyD92 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:53 pm

Warhammer 3 coming out this week. If you are new to the Total War Warhammer series highly recommend taking a look. From everything I've seen (reviews, streams, etc) makes it look like the best game in the series (I have like 700 hours into warhammer 2).

Pretty sure it'll be available on gamepass as well

VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,064

Post#1969 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:47 pm

I think I'm going to skip HZW and likely Destiny 2 for now and go back to Cyberpunk. The update today sounds pretty legit. Should hold me by until Elden Ring.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1970 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:50 pm

CDPR releasing the 1.5 update right now is certainly a choice. Ultimately a good one if it's ready, of course, as those who bought the game already deserve to have these updates, frankly. But it's horrible timing with what's on tap the next two months.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,229

Post#1971 » by PintSizedBox10 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:46 pm

I've downloaded the Cyberpunk "trial" and I'm excited as hell to give it a go later today. Looks like the game is only $25 right now so I'll likely end up buying it.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1972 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:16 pm

If anyone's interested, there's a video of someone literally just walking across the HFW map East-to-West. It's 31 minutes long.

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1973 » by WRau1 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:58 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I think I'm going to skip HZW and likely Destiny 2 for now and go back to Cyberpunk. The update today sounds pretty legit. Should hold me by until Elden Ring.

The extended romance chat options and scenes are a nice touch. I was using mods that allow you to call up your partner and they would show up and hang by your side, helping you fight etc... Even little banter back and forth (that was already in the game, just recycled lines) that made the game seem more interactive.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1974 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:03 pm

Kinda think this is fake.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1975 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:42 pm

Played the newer Triangle Strategy demo, which includes the full prologue. I think I'm about halfway through so far. If I'm being honest, it bored me to tears and was a chore to get through what I did. I may end up taking a wait-and-see approach with this one.

Nothing was bad, I guess, but it was so.damn.slow.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1976 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:14 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Played the newer Triangle Strategy demo, which includes the full prologue. I think I'm about halfway through so far. If I'm being honest, it bored me to tears and was a chore to get through what I did. I may end up taking a wait-and-see approach with this one.

Oh ****, I forgot all about that. That's a bummer to hear but I'm gonna check it out tonight.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1977 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:53 pm

30 seconds in I quit out and turned the voice acting down to 0. Same complaint I had with the first demo. I can't think of any dialogue heavy games with lots of characters where I haven't hated the voice acting.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,054

Post#1978 » by Siefer » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:10 am

MikeIsGood wrote:Played the newer Triangle Strategy demo, which includes the full prologue. I think I'm about halfway through so far. If I'm being honest, it bored me to tears and was a chore to get through what I did. I may end up taking a wait-and-see approach with this one.

There's something interesting there, but yeah, I remember the writing in the first demo being painfully stock.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1979 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:34 am

Siefer wrote:

There's something interesting there, but yeah, I remember the writing in the first demo being painfully stock.

I can't get over how much exposition there is. I did one battle, then got through an insane amount of Not Battles before I quit for the night. What a disaster of a demo.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1980 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:42 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Siefer wrote:

I can't get over how much exposition there is. I did one battle, then got through an insane amount of Not Battles before I quit for the night. What a disaster of a demo.

Yeah, exposition is definitely the right descriptor. It wasn't engaging to follow along with. At all.

And unfortunately the demo is the first 3 chapters of the game :-?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks