ImageImage

OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,948

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#721 » by Stannis » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:45 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Always good info/opinions in this thread. It's nice to see guys admit that not every pick is a winner. That's a rare thing online where everyone is usually the greatest investor ever. I've got my ass handed to me on some stocks the past couple of months. BOXL, NSPR (now doing a 15-1 reverse split) are two.

I'm losing my ass on $GIK, Mind Medicine and Numi Wellness (shroom stocks). And I sold some pennies like $DSCR way too early :(
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#722 » by Stannis » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:56 pm

sidney lanier wrote:Yes, we've all taken our lumps over the years. It took me a long time to avoid the trap of selling winners and holding losers, which left me with a garbage portfolio.

That's what I am afraid I am doing. But most of my winners were insanely overvalued so I let them go. Sold Docusign and Sea Limited recently. I was up like over 300% on both and held for just 1 year. And sold TradeDesk a couple months ago when it was 900.

I'm beginning to trim Lam Research.

I cut my losses with Nokia since I had too much "memes".

Debating if I should cut $SPCE while I am up. Lot of the institutional investors are selling.
Free Palestine
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,393

Post#723 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:12 pm

I can't seem to find Robinhood fees on crypto, just curious how they compare to Coinbase or other exchanges.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#724 » by Stannis » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:19 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I can't seem to find Robinhood fees on crypto, just curious how they compare to Coinbase or other exchanges.

Believe it was no fees?

But you can't move any Crypto from RH.
Free Palestine
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,619

Post#725 » by Matches Malone » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:44 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I can't seem to find Robinhood fees on crypto, just curious how they compare to Coinbase or other exchanges.

Saw this on Reddit awhile ago and thought it was interesting.

No, absolutely not under any circumstances ever should you be buying crypto on Robinhood. I'm not even convinced they actually hold the crypto they sell you. If you can't trade it off the exchange then you DON'T OWN IT, you're just gambling against its performance against USD. It's just gambling.

I use Coinbase, personally. I also have some money in Doge as a meme on RH. Supposedly their getting a wallet in the future, so I'll just transfer it over to my Coinbase Wallet when that happens.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#726 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:03 pm

Fees don't bother me really, I'm not an active Crypto trader. I bought XRP 2+ years ago and only recently bought a couple of others. And of course there's taxes to consider when selling.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#727 » by jschligs » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:24 pm

Stannis wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:Yes, we've all taken our lumps over the years. It took me a long time to avoid the trap of selling winners and holding losers, which left me with a garbage portfolio.

That's what I am afraid I am doing. But most of my winners were insanely overvalued so I let them go. Sold Docusign and Sea Limited recently. I was up like over 300% on both and held for just 1 year. And sold TradeDesk a couple months ago when it was 900.

Debating if I should cut $SPCE while I am up. Lot of the institutional investors are selling.

Want to hear a funny story. I bought $SPCE at $49.38. Down 55% :lol:
Stannis
RealGM

Post#728 » by Stannis » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:16 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Fees don't bother me really, I'm not an active Crypto trader. I bought XRP 2+ years ago and only recently bought a couple of others. And of course there's taxes to consider when selling, which I've not done yet.

I stick with Coinbase Pro. Decent fees. And you can easily move it to your Coinbase Wallet or your own wallet. I have never done that, but it's nice to know I can.

Robinhood just seems scary. It's like paper trading almost. That's why I don't trade paper precious metals like $SLV or $GLD. Rather trade $PSLV or $PHYS

I also have Kraken so I can buy DOT. And they offer easy-staking as well. But transferring money is a bitch (you have to wire).
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#729 » by Stannis » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:18 pm

jschligs wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Want to hear a funny story. I bought $SPCE at $49.38. Down 55% :lol:

I bought some at that price to haha. I kept averaging down. I eventually took profits when it was pushing $60 during the meme bubble. I lucked out hard there. My average is now $20.

Richard Branson, Chamath, and Cathie Woods (ARK Funds) selling a lot of their shares is what scares me. If i had to venture a guess, they won't fly until 2023.
Free Palestine
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#730 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:18 am

DrWood wrote:
jschligs wrote:
DrWood wrote:anyone have a preferred no-risk (or extremely low chance of even short-term significant loss) investment?
I'd like something with more upside than T-bills, which is the only such choice I have in my 401K.

I haven’t looked at rates in a while to see what they’re at, but CDs ans MMAs are about as low risk as you can get. Heck, even opening a high interest (relatively speaking) savings account can get about .6-1% and is as liquid as can be

That's not enough upside to leave my T-bill-based fund (0.3% year-to-date, but over 2% over 3 years or longer). Is there nothing that's guaranteed over 3%?
I am locking in 7 yr loans at 2.05. If you are getting more than 1% on your money right now you are taking risk. Period.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,961

Post#731 » by sidney lanier » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:22 pm

Possible cryptocurrency fraud is another blow to Turkey’s financial stability.

May or may not be germane to crypto investments here, but when you have a new currency, you certainly inject new and unanticipated risks.

In a statement on Thodex’s website, Mr. Ozer, the firm’s founder, insisted he had left the country merely to consult with foreign investors and would return. He said the accusations were a “smear campaign” and blamed the shutdown of the trading platform on a cyberattack.

Thodex “has not victimized anyone,” he said, adding that only about 30,000 accounts “have a suspicious situation.”

Mr. Kilic noted that none of Thodex’s customers could gain access to their accounts. “If you cannot access the account, then you are a victim,” he said.

On Twitter, people reacted to a statement from Thodex with crying face emojis. “There are people who trust and invest everything in you,” one user wrote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/23/business/cryptocurrency-fraud-turkey.html

"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
jschligs
General Manager

Post#732 » by jschligs » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:49 pm

Bought my first Topshot NFT that wasn't a part of a pack. $40 for a Giannis dunk vs Detroit earlier this season. Not really sure what I'll do with it yet haha
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#733 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:20 am

jschligs wrote:Bought my first Topshot NFT that wasn't a part of a pack. $40 for a Giannis dunk vs Detroit earlier this season. Not really sure what I'll do with it yet haha
Read on Twitter

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,021

Post#734 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:28 pm

Read on Twitter
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,662

Post#735 » by BroncoBuck » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:51 pm

I was in on Topshot early, but it was so hard to take money out (it took 4 months) that I left the platform entirely. I don’t really trust them at all. Only place I’ve ever experienced anything close to that was off shore booking lol.

I haven’t read up on if they have sped up the process, but that was a massive red flag
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#736 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:11 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:I was in on Topshot early, but it was so hard to take money out (it took 4 months) that I left the platform entirely. I don’t really trust them at all. Only place I’ve ever experienced anything close to that was off shore booking lol.

I haven’t read up on if they have sped up the process, but that was a massive red flag
Only took me 3 business days from the time I requested the ID verification to when the withdrawal was in my account. I had them deposit into a cryto wallet so maybe that sped up the process a little.

Speaking of cryto anyone have any good defi recommendations? I bought some LINK already. COMP maybe? I find the whole concept interesting so just looking to make some modest long investments spread out across the space.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#737 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:32 pm

Bought some more Chain and Matic on the big dips over the weekend but I think I have enough money in crypto, I'm done for awhile.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#738 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:07 pm

Well holy cow Matic is up 30+% today. I actually timed something right. But I'm not selling so it's only paper gain.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#739 » by jschligs » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:00 pm

Has anyone transferred BTC on Exodus before? I just got slapped with a 25% fee trying to buy DOGE for fun...I'm pretty ****ing pissed right now.

https://mempool.space/tx/d4b489eda985f2153ee12f4b2f98200a0f684f58202674b1041b1c15d0f6da4f

I've studied this transaction. Nearly a 25% fee. But what doesn't make sense is Exodus shows that if I do that exact same transaction now I'll only be charged a $18 fee...
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,021

Post#740 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:58 pm

Read on Twitter

LOL

Return to Milwaukee Bucks