ImageImage

OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
HaroldinGMinor
General Manager
Posts: 7,562
And1: 7,384
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
       

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1041 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:44 pm

Stannis wrote:I think the safest thing to do is allocate like 5 to 10% of your portfolio to Crypto, specifically BTC and and ETH. I think it's a bigger risk not to have any exposure.
.


That's exactly what I'm doing but 3%
Image
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 74,873
And1: 28,040
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1042 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:20 pm

FCEL is probably just riding the overall market rise today but it's had a nice bump the past 2 days. Puts me up about 14% since I bought
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
User avatar
jschligs
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,154
And1: 3,365
Joined: Jul 20, 2016
     

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1043 » by jschligs » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:47 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:FCEL is probably just riding the overall market rise today but it's had a nice bump the past 2 days. Puts me up about 14% since I bought


Go **** yourself.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 74,873
And1: 28,040
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1044 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:49 pm

:lol:
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
User avatar
th87
Head Coach
Posts: 7,457
And1: 5,796
Joined: Dec 04, 2005

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1045 » by th87 » Wed Oct 6, 2021 5:44 am

Probably should've gotten out of HYSR, huh?
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 74,873
And1: 28,040
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1046 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:16 pm

FCEL up 17% this morning. I expect some profit taking. I'm up 35% but not selling any
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
User avatar
JEIS
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,754
And1: 2,030
Joined: Jul 05, 2006

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1047 » by JEIS » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:59 am

MickeyDavis wrote:FCEL up 17% this morning. I expect some profit taking. I'm up 35% but not selling any


Enjoy the ride up brother.. Market makers were beating the heck out of the green stock since feb 9th. Up we go!
User avatar
sidney lanier
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,446
And1: 7,470
Joined: Feb 03, 2012
Location: where late the sweet birds sang

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1048 » by sidney lanier » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:29 pm

JEIS wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:FCEL up 17% this morning. I expect some profit taking. I'm up 35% but not selling any


Enjoy the ride up brother.. Market makers were beating the heck out of the green stock since feb 9th. Up we go!


Motley Fool speculates the bump came because others in the sector are starting to show earnings, so FCEL is due for an upgrade (even though still losing money).

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/10/18/why-fuelcell-stock-just-popped-14/

Too many men behind the curtain when it comes to stocks like this for me, but long-term prospects certainly look good.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 14,141
And1: 837
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: WI
       

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1049 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:17 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
Stannis wrote:I think the safest thing to do is allocate like 5 to 10% of your portfolio to Crypto, specifically BTC and and ETH. I think it's a bigger risk not to have any exposure.
.


That's exactly what I'm doing but 3%


Yeah, same here. Currently 90% is my 401K through work, 8% is my Robinhood account, and 2% is Bitcoin.

Anybody have any opinion on Ravencoin? I know someone that started cryptomining it and he has been pretty successful financially. Kinda intrigued to jump in while its cheap. But I don't know much about it and what's the best place to buy it. I'm not into doing the whole mining thing. Likely will just stick to Bitcoin.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 84,003
And1: 23,635
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1050 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 1, 2021 7:20 pm

User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 74,873
And1: 28,040
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1051 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 1, 2021 8:23 pm

FCEL with a 19% jump today, up 49.37% since I bought. I'm probably going to sell a small chunk and lock in some profit, let the rest ride. I have it in a ROTH IRA so no cap gains.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
User avatar
RogerMurdock
Starter
Posts: 2,330
And1: 4,427
Joined: Jun 27, 2013
Location: Dragging Walton & Lanier up and down the court
     

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1052 » by RogerMurdock » Mon Nov 1, 2021 8:41 pm

jschligs wrote:I bought 2 marijuana seeds off silk road in 09 for $50 in BTC. It'd be worth something like $200 million right now. I was never intending to invest, but part of me wishes I forgot I had it and became rich.


I wrote an article about an online poker room accepting Bitcoin many years ago. Did some research, thought it sounded interesting, and thought about investing maybe $1,000 in Bitcoin when it was around 10 cents. My wife forbade me, as I had previously lost money on an online poker stock and she figured this was the same. I didn't think much of it and never invested. Of course, if I did invest, I could be flying to space with Bezos or something right now.

Someone did make me feel better about it, though. He reminded me that there was no way I would've held long enough for Bitcoin to get up to like $60,000. There's a good chance I would've sold at $1 or lower, as the return would've been massive. Now, I might've sold enough to get back my initial investment and just let the rest ride, but I did feel better when he assured me that I probably would've sold long before the price went crazy.
User avatar
sidney lanier
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,446
And1: 7,470
Joined: Feb 03, 2012
Location: where late the sweet birds sang

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1053 » by sidney lanier » Mon Nov 1, 2021 8:44 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:FCEL got a nice bump this morning after reporting earnings. Puts me in the black.

My only investment in the black this week but overall I've only made about 4% on it .


Well, you made 19% today. Congrats.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
User avatar
JEIS
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,754
And1: 2,030
Joined: Jul 05, 2006

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1054 » by JEIS » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:38 pm

:wink:
sidney lanier wrote:
JEIS wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:FCEL up 17% this morning. I expect some profit taking. I'm up 35% but not selling any


Enjoy the ride up brother.. Market makers were beating the heck out of the green stock since feb 9th. Up we go!


Motley Fool speculates the bump came because others in the sector are starting to show earnings, so FCEL is due for an upgrade (even though still losing money).

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/10/18/why-fuelcell-stock-just-popped-14/

Too many men behind the curtain when it comes to stocks like this for me, but long-term prospects certainly look good.


Is she starting to look sexier to ya yet Sid?
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 74,873
And1: 28,040
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1055 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:42 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:FCEL got a nice bump this morning after reporting earnings. Puts me in the black.

My only investment in the black this week but overall I've only made about 4% on it .


Well, you made 19% today. Congrats.

Another 20% today. Overall I'm up 68% on my FCEL investment. I sold some today but only about 20%. I still have plenty to let run (hopefully).
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
User avatar
sidney lanier
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,446
And1: 7,470
Joined: Feb 03, 2012
Location: where late the sweet birds sang

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1056 » by sidney lanier » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:44 pm

JEIS wrote::wink:
sidney lanier wrote:
JEIS wrote:
Enjoy the ride up brother.. Market makers were beating the heck out of the green stock since feb 9th. Up we go!


Motley Fool speculates the bump came because others in the sector are starting to show earnings, so FCEL is due for an upgrade (even though still losing money).

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/10/18/why-fuelcell-stock-just-popped-14/

Too many men behind the curtain when it comes to stocks like this for me, but long-term prospects certainly look good.


Is she starting to look sexier to ya yet Sid?


She is. In the "she's probably got herpes but what the hell" category for me now.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Plossum
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,155
And1: 2,492
Joined: Jan 18, 2014

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1057 » by Plossum » Mon Nov 8, 2021 10:53 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:
jschligs wrote:I bought 2 marijuana seeds off silk road in 09 for $50 in BTC. It'd be worth something like $200 million right now. I was never intending to invest, but part of me wishes I forgot I had it and became rich.


I wrote an article about an online poker room accepting Bitcoin many years ago. Did some research, thought it sounded interesting, and thought about investing maybe $1,000 in Bitcoin when it was around 10 cents. My wife forbade me, as I had previously lost money on an online poker stock and she figured this was the same. I didn't think much of it and never invested. Of course, if I did invest, I could be flying to space with Bezos or something right now.

Someone did make me feel better about it, though. He reminded me that there was no way I would've held long enough for Bitcoin to get up to like $60,000. There's a good chance I would've sold at $1 or lower, as the return would've been massive. Now, I might've sold enough to get back my initial investment and just let the rest ride, but I did feel better when he assured me that I probably would've sold long before the price went crazy.

I got into BTC and ETH at $500 and $12 respectively. It's testing my ability to hold at this point but I'm still in (I invested small amounts so sadly I'm no crypto millionaire) :lol:
#LockUpChuck
midranger
RealGM
Posts: 36,219
And1: 7,696
Joined: May 12, 2002

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1058 » by midranger » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:55 pm

Do we still love FCEL here?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 74,873
And1: 28,040
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1059 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:30 pm

midranger wrote:Do we still love FCEL here?


There is definitely some profit taking going on, which is expected. I'm in at $6.38 and I sold 20% at $11.00 but I'm hanging on to the rest.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
midranger
RealGM
Posts: 36,219
And1: 7,696
Joined: May 12, 2002

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1060 » by midranger » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:22 am

All you crypto wonks, any thoughts on Algorand
Please reconsider your animal consumption.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks