ImageImage

OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
vital_signs
Starter
Posts: 2,049
And1: 936
Joined: Feb 12, 2015
 

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#941 » by vital_signs » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:29 pm

The pulloff tab situation reminds me of this
Can't gamble feeding baby on that dope money, might not always be sufficient.
midranger
RealGM
Posts: 36,070
And1: 7,577
Joined: May 12, 2002

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#942 » by midranger » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:36 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:
midranger wrote:
jschligs wrote:
Ok I gotta bring up a story and get all your opinions on this.

A coworker/friend and a few others were at a bar doing happy hour. He comes back from the bathroom and hands each of us 2-3 pull tabs. I win $250. What do you feel is the best course of action:

A. Keep the money as he gave me the pull tab
B. Give him all the money back as it was technically his purchase
C. Split the money 50/50
D. Something else

I'll reveal what he did later.

I think the only acceptable answer is to put all $250 toward the group's tab that night and just let everyone drink on the two of you, IMO.

This is the right answer. The second someone starts throwing pull tabs on the table or in front of you they belong to the group.
Image
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
midranger
RealGM
Posts: 36,070
And1: 7,577
Joined: May 12, 2002

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#943 » by midranger » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:44 pm

Same principle if you win a 50/50 raffle at a charity event. You have to immediately donate your half back to the charity.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
User avatar
JEIS
Analyst
Posts: 3,740
And1: 2,025
Joined: Jul 05, 2006

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#944 » by JEIS » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:05 am

SupremeHustle wrote:JEIS, does FuelCell have another $28 run in it? I'm thinking about hopping back on.



Here is another take sums up why I think we are pretty money on this stock. Similar view point, better stats.

https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=164223234
User avatar
JEIS
Analyst
Posts: 3,740
And1: 2,025
Joined: Jul 05, 2006

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#945 » by JEIS » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:42 am

Stannis wrote:
JEIS wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:JEIS, does FuelCell have another $28 run in it? I'm thinking about hopping back on.




Hell yeah bud. Blackrock owns a ton of shares in fuel cell. Blackrock just got Engine 1 to muscle out three top executives at Exxon go cleaner energy route. They will be needing Fuel cell tech for carbon capture projects, plus fcel has a few larger scale project that will be finishing up soon. It also rides up with Plug good news too. Fuel cell also is getting into Canada and Korea for projects. Exxon is trying to get funding for 100 billion carbon capture project in Houston.

My guess is 30+ by October.


You got any more bangers like HYSR and VTGN?



I will have to check my watch lists to see if there are any good ones right now and let you know. I don't like telling folks to get in on anything that doesn't have major upside. Don't want folks to buy at an entry that is too high. Trying to minimize the risk for everyone. I watch and study a lot of stocks, some I don't own yet for a multitude of reasons. Either I didn't like the entry point, because it was too risky, not enough revenue in the pipeline, but still watch them because I like the concept, product, or believe tech is sound. When the market went down in Feburary, it created some better entry points, still not sure they don't go down more, with interest rates, new taxes on capital gains, business taxes being pushed.
User avatar
Stannis
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,512
And1: 6,257
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States of Space
       

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#946 » by Stannis » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:29 pm

JEIS wrote:
Stannis wrote:
JEIS wrote:


Hell yeah bud. Blackrock owns a ton of shares in fuel cell. Blackrock just got Engine 1 to muscle out three top executives at Exxon go cleaner energy route. They will be needing Fuel cell tech for carbon capture projects, plus fcel has a few larger scale project that will be finishing up soon. It also rides up with Plug good news too. Fuel cell also is getting into Canada and Korea for projects. Exxon is trying to get funding for 100 billion carbon capture project in Houston.

My guess is 30+ by October.


You got any more bangers like HYSR and VTGN?



I will have to check my watch lists to see if there are any good ones right now and let you know. I don't like telling folks to get in on anything that doesn't have major upside. Don't want folks to buy at an entry that is too high. Trying to minimize the risk for everyone. I watch and study a lot of stocks, some I don't own yet for a multitude of reasons. Either I didn't like the entry point, because it was too risky, not enough revenue in the pipeline, but still watch them because I like the concept, product, or believe tech is sound. When the market went down in Feburary, it created some better entry points, still not sure they don't go down more, with interest rates, new taxes on capital gains, business taxes being pushed.


I hear ya. I haven't opened a new position for a few months now for those very reasons.

It's hard to find something now. So I've just been going in and out of the Reddit booms lol
I believe he wasn't educated on the situation. Many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually. We do have freedom of speech, but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that

- LBJ on Morey + Hong Kong
User avatar
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
Posts: 32,048
And1: 3,192
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#947 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:43 pm

Let's have a day today.
User avatar
jschligs
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,023
And1: 3,265
Joined: Jul 20, 2016
     

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#948 » by jschligs » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:51 pm

For those looking for a riskier play, I feel SPCE will have a nice turnaround given their recent flight success. Bezos also wants to go to space and the only real stock you can buy into without being an ETF is SPCE. Good news for space is good news for SPCE.
User avatar
Stannis
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,512
And1: 6,257
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States of Space
       

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#949 » by Stannis » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:40 pm

JEIS maniplating the market. FCEL up 8% after his $30 price target
I believe he wasn't educated on the situation. Many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually. We do have freedom of speech, but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that

- LBJ on Morey + Hong Kong
User avatar
Stannis
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,512
And1: 6,257
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States of Space
       

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#950 » by Stannis » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:44 pm

jschligs wrote:For those looking for a riskier play, I feel SPCE will have a nice turnaround given their recent flight success. Bezos also wants to go to space and the only real stock you can buy into without being an ETF is SPCE. Good news for space is good news for SPCE.


I'm iffy on this one. Even though my average is pretty good at $20 share... Branson and Chamath unloading most/all their shares is alarming. I was thinking of unloading some.

Soon, I think investors want to see actual reservations and people going to space. Going to space is nothing new anymore.

I know Branson is supposed to be on a flight soon, but who knows when that is going to be.

I agree though, SPCE seems like the only direct play in the space sector. I was looking at Cathie Woods' ARKX holdings (who sold all their $SPCE), and it seems like mostly satellite stocks and defense stocks. They even have some Netflix as well.

It still seems like a meme stock, since it mostly goes up with AMC and GME.
I believe he wasn't educated on the situation. Many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually. We do have freedom of speech, but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that

- LBJ on Morey + Hong Kong
User avatar
Stannis
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,512
And1: 6,257
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States of Space
       

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#951 » by Stannis » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:24 pm

Stannis wrote:JEIS maniplating the market. FCEL up 8% after his $30 price target

sun ova gun. Which I bought more of those contracts, lmao
I believe he wasn't educated on the situation. Many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually. We do have freedom of speech, but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that

- LBJ on Morey + Hong Kong
ABucksFan
Rookie
Posts: 1,205
And1: 945
Joined: Apr 26, 2019
         

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#952 » by ABucksFan » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:31 pm

Can anyone explain how to buy contracts and what puts are? ELI5?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 14,120
And1: 835
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: WI
       

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#953 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:33 pm

What are the good Reddit forums? I've been on it for a bit but its alot of **** to sift through.
User avatar
Stannis
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,512
And1: 6,257
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States of Space
       

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#954 » by Stannis » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:47 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:What are the good Reddit forums? I've been on it for a bit but its alot of **** to sift through.

Other than the really big subs that I like to browse around to see what's hot, I like these:

r/Vitards
r/WallStreetBetsOG
r/GreenInvestor

Vitards is good for commodity plays, particularly steel.

r/SPACs have great moderation and posters. But SPACs in general have been kinda crappy. Same deal with r/PennyStocks

I haven't actually been on WSB in a few months now
I believe he wasn't educated on the situation. Many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually. We do have freedom of speech, but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that

- LBJ on Morey + Hong Kong
User avatar
JEIS
Analyst
Posts: 3,740
And1: 2,025
Joined: Jul 05, 2006

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#955 » by JEIS » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:46 am

Stannis wrote:JEIS maniplating the market. FCEL up 8% after his $30 price target


I feel like Elon with dogecoin. ;)
User avatar
JEIS
Analyst
Posts: 3,740
And1: 2,025
Joined: Jul 05, 2006

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#956 » by JEIS » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:54 am

Stannis wrote:
Stannis wrote:JEIS maniplating the market. FCEL up 8% after his $30 price target

sun ova gun. Which I bought more of those contracts, lmao


I know earnings are coming up. They might be pumping it for that... I am in it for the long haul though. I really could see it surpassing $150 a share the next few year. They have too many pattents, rub shoulders with two big boys (Toyota,Exxon), getting projects in too many countries. They are hiring almost 70 people as well, so that looks like something big is in the works.
User avatar
Stannis
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,512
And1: 6,257
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States of Space
       

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#957 » by Stannis » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:22 pm

JEIS wrote:They are hiring almost 70 people as well, so that looks like something big is in the works.


Sorry if I am being naive and semi-rude, here, but why is a company valued at 4 billion dollars hiring 70 people a big deal?
I believe he wasn't educated on the situation. Many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually. We do have freedom of speech, but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that

- LBJ on Morey + Hong Kong
User avatar
jschligs
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,023
And1: 3,265
Joined: Jul 20, 2016
     

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#958 » by jschligs » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:48 pm

Stannis wrote:
JEIS wrote:They are hiring almost 70 people as well, so that looks like something big is in the works.


Sorry if I am being naive and semi-rude, here, but why is a company valued at 4 billion dollars hiring 70 people a big deal?


Adding 25% more employees regardless of valuation means things are going well and they have a lot of work to do.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 14,120
And1: 835
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: WI
       

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#959 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:36 pm

Bought into CLNE. I don't know, we'll see. It's the first time kinda jumping on that Reddit wave so probably will flop.
User avatar
Stannis
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 13,512
And1: 6,257
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States of Space
       

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#960 » by Stannis » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:26 pm

What do you guys expect from the CPI data tomorrow?
I believe he wasn't educated on the situation. Many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually. We do have freedom of speech, but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that

- LBJ on Morey + Hong Kong

Return to Milwaukee Bucks