midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#942 » by midranger » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:36 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:
midranger wrote:
jschligs wrote:
Ok I gotta bring up a story and get all your opinions on this.

A coworker/friend and a few others were at a bar doing happy hour. He comes back from the bathroom and hands each of us 2-3 pull tabs. I win $250. What do you feel is the best course of action:

A. Keep the money as he gave me the pull tab
B. Give him all the money back as it was technically his purchase
C. Split the money 50/50
D. Something else

I'll reveal what he did later.

I think the only acceptable answer is to put all $250 toward the group's tab that night and just let everyone drink on the two of you, IMO.

This is the right answer. The second someone starts throwing pull tabs on the table or in front of you they belong to the group.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#943 » by midranger » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:44 pm

Same principle if you win a 50/50 raffle at a charity event. You have to immediately donate your half back to the charity.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,161

Post#944 » by JEIS » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:05 am

SupremeHustle wrote:JEIS, does FuelCell have another $28 run in it? I'm thinking about hopping back on.

Here is another take sums up why I think we are pretty money on this stock. Similar view point, better stats.

https://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=164223234
JEIS
Assistant Coach

Post#945 » by JEIS » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:42 am

Stannis wrote:
JEIS wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:JEIS, does FuelCell have another $28 run in it? I'm thinking about hopping back on.

Hell yeah bud. Blackrock owns a ton of shares in fuel cell. Blackrock just got Engine 1 to muscle out three top executives at Exxon go cleaner energy route. They will be needing Fuel cell tech for carbon capture projects, plus fcel has a few larger scale project that will be finishing up soon. It also rides up with Plug good news too. Fuel cell also is getting into Canada and Korea for projects. Exxon is trying to get funding for 100 billion carbon capture project in Houston.

My guess is 30+ by October.

You got any more bangers like HYSR and VTGN?

I will have to check my watch lists to see if there are any good ones right now and let you know. I don't like telling folks to get in on anything that doesn't have major upside. Don't want folks to buy at an entry that is too high. Trying to minimize the risk for everyone. I watch and study a lot of stocks, some I don't own yet for a multitude of reasons. Either I didn't like the entry point, because it was too risky, not enough revenue in the pipeline, but still watch them because I like the concept, product, or believe tech is sound. When the market went down in Feburary, it created some better entry points, still not sure they don't go down more, with interest rates, new taxes on capital gains, business taxes being pushed.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,929

Post#946 » by Stannis » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:29 pm

JEIS wrote:
Stannis wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Hell yeah bud. Blackrock owns a ton of shares in fuel cell. Blackrock just got Engine 1 to muscle out three top executives at Exxon go cleaner energy route. They will be needing Fuel cell tech for carbon capture projects, plus fcel has a few larger scale project that will be finishing up soon. It also rides up with Plug good news too. Fuel cell also is getting into Canada and Korea for projects. Exxon is trying to get funding for 100 billion carbon capture project in Houston.

My guess is 30+ by October.

You got any more bangers like HYSR and VTGN?

I will have to check my watch lists to see if there are any good ones right now and let you know. I don't like telling folks to get in on anything that doesn't have major upside. Don't want folks to buy at an entry that is too high. Trying to minimize the risk for everyone. I watch and study a lot of stocks, some I don't own yet for a multitude of reasons. Either I didn't like the entry point, because it was too risky, not enough revenue in the pipeline, but still watch them because I like the concept, product, or believe tech is sound. When the market went down in Feburary, it created some better entry points, still not sure they don't go down more, with interest rates, new taxes on capital gains, business taxes being pushed.

I hear ya. I haven't opened a new position for a few months now for those very reasons.

It's hard to find something now. So I've just been going in and out of the Reddit booms lol
Free Palestine
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#947 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:43 pm

Let's have a day today.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,898

Post#948 » by jschligs » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:51 pm

For those looking for a riskier play, I feel SPCE will have a nice turnaround given their recent flight success. Bezos also wants to go to space and the only real stock you can buy into without being an ETF is SPCE. Good news for space is good news for SPCE.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#949 » by Stannis » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:40 pm

JEIS maniplating the market. FCEL up 8% after his $30 price target
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#950 » by Stannis » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:44 pm

jschligs wrote:For those looking for a riskier play, I feel SPCE will have a nice turnaround given their recent flight success. Bezos also wants to go to space and the only real stock you can buy into without being an ETF is SPCE. Good news for space is good news for SPCE.

I'm iffy on this one. Even though my average is pretty good at $20 share... Branson and Chamath unloading most/all their shares is alarming. I was thinking of unloading some.

Soon, I think investors want to see actual reservations and people going to space. Going to space is nothing new anymore.

I know Branson is supposed to be on a flight soon, but who knows when that is going to be.

I agree though, SPCE seems like the only direct play in the space sector. I was looking at Cathie Woods' ARKX holdings (who sold all their $SPCE), and it seems like mostly satellite stocks and defense stocks. They even have some Netflix as well.

It still seems like a meme stock, since it mostly goes up with AMC and GME.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#951 » by Stannis » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:24 pm

Stannis wrote:JEIS maniplating the market. FCEL up 8% after his $30 price target

sun ova gun. Which I bought more of those contracts, lmao
Free Palestine
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,407

Post#952 » by ABucksFan » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:31 pm

Can anyone explain how to buy contracts and what puts are? ELI5?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,060

Post#953 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:33 pm

What are the good Reddit forums? I've been on it for a bit but its alot of **** to sift through.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#954 » by Stannis » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:47 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:What are the good Reddit forums? I've been on it for a bit but its alot of **** to sift through.

Other than the really big subs that I like to browse around to see what's hot, I like these:

r/Vitards
r/WallStreetBetsOG
r/GreenInvestor

Vitards is good for commodity plays, particularly steel.

r/SPACs have great moderation and posters. But SPACs in general have been kinda crappy. Same deal with r/PennyStocks

I haven't actually been on WSB in a few months now
Free Palestine
JEIS
Assistant Coach

Post#955 » by JEIS » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:46 am

Stannis wrote:JEIS maniplating the market. FCEL up 8% after his $30 price target

I feel like Elon with dogecoin. ;)
JEIS
Assistant Coach

Post#956 » by JEIS » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:54 am

Stannis wrote:

sun ova gun. Which I bought more of those contracts, lmao

I know earnings are coming up. They might be pumping it for that... I am in it for the long haul though. I really could see it surpassing $150 a share the next few year. They have too many pattents, rub shoulders with two big boys (Toyota,Exxon), getting projects in too many countries. They are hiring almost 70 people as well, so that looks like something big is in the works.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#957 » by Stannis » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:22 pm

JEIS wrote:They are hiring almost 70 people as well, so that looks like something big is in the works.

Sorry if I am being naive and semi-rude, here, but why is a company valued at 4 billion dollars hiring 70 people a big deal?
Free Palestine
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,898

Post#958 » by jschligs » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:48 pm

Stannis wrote:
JEIS wrote:They are hiring almost 70 people as well, so that looks like something big is in the works.

Sorry if I am being naive and semi-rude, here, but why is a company valued at 4 billion dollars hiring 70 people a big deal?

Adding 25% more employees regardless of valuation means things are going well and they have a lot of work to do.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,060

Post#959 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:36 pm

Bought into CLNE. I don't know, we'll see. It's the first time kinda jumping on that Reddit wave so probably will flop.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#960 » by Stannis » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:26 pm

What do you guys expect from the CPI data tomorrow?
Free Palestine

Return to Milwaukee Bucks