ImageImage

PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 51,042
And1: 22,349
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight 

Post#81 » by emunney » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:53 pm

Shaffty wrote:Turns out it takes a new addition a while to wrangle the ball handling reigns away from 2 guys who have been on the team for 8 years.


Well, he's got a sprained ankle, too, so I'll at least wait until he gets back before the pitchforks come out.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.


#FreeChuckDiesel
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 25,302
And1: 6,559
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight 

Post#82 » by crkone » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:21 pm

Bucks are shooting about 5-6% higher than the league average for the past few seasons on wide open 3s. About 8% higher on open 3s. The profile on wide open 3s is absurd and most definitely will fall.

Image

Another thing, Bucks are top ten in the league in midrange attempts and are 16th in the league in attempts in the RA.

Code: Select all

            ________
    o      |   __   |
      \_ O |  |__|  |
   ____/ \ |___WW___|
   __/   /     ||
               ||
               ||
_______________||________________
User avatar
Fotis St
Head Coach
Posts: 7,414
And1: 2,058
Joined: May 05, 2015
 

Re: PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight 

Post#83 » by Fotis St » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:55 pm

skones wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:I'll also echo sentiments that Holiday has been underutilized. I'm wondering if they're trying to ease him into his role and the offense as a whole.

I'm hoping by the end of the season that Gianni begins evolving into the same dominant force he is without the huge usage rate, and Holiday's role as primary initiator increases a good amount.


This is Jrue Holiday. Despite his talent, he has a tendency to become a ghost.


No No No , don't know him that much ... BUT from what I saw this far as a Buck, I think he is better than I thought he was.
He indeed doesn't hide when the ball is heavier on crucial moments. He indeed made a crucial long 2 yesterday, stopping Pistons momentum and Bucks indeed let him freeze to death for at least 1st 3 quarters. No sets for him and too much Middleton top of the key. As I said he eventually under frustration called his own number forcing shots which he missed.
So it was Bucks offensive scheme that freezed him in this game. I hated it. We need him at the top of the key with way higher usage
My draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/Semi Ojeleye/*John Collins, '18 Trade down Devonte Graham/Elie Okobo, Hamidou Diallo, a 2nd for Kostas, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie

#FIRE BUD #FREE CHUCKDIESEL & NOWAK008
User avatar
H2tObes
RealGM
Posts: 17,914
And1: 8,027
Joined: Oct 18, 2012
 

Re: PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight 

Post#84 » by H2tObes » Thu Jan 7, 2021 9:03 pm

Our 3 point percentage is high because we have good/great shooters taking an absurd amount of uncontested shots. Sure we won't stay at 45%, but we have surrounded Giannis/Jrue/Khris with shooters and teams aren't able to keep tabs on everyone. The high 3 point percentage 1/10th a way through the season is no stroke of luck

Also this is how Holiday plays, he will pick his spots and not often try to do to much. He's a smart guy and realizes we have the MVP/Khris with him, in no way does he need to be forcing. This is why the starters have such a high net rating and Jrue has been an advanced stats darling his whole career, he understands how to play within a team. The Bud blaming is so dumb on here sometimes
Giannis did not go to your team :naaa:
msiris
General Manager
Posts: 8,944
And1: 971
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
Location: Central Wisconsin

Re: PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight 

Post#85 » by msiris » Thu Jan 7, 2021 9:32 pm

H2tObes wrote: The Bud blaming is so dumb on here sometimes
Yeah. His playoff record speaks for itself. :(
Ride the tank
User avatar
H2tObes
RealGM
Posts: 17,914
And1: 8,027
Joined: Oct 18, 2012
 

Re: PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight 

Post#86 » by H2tObes » Thu Jan 7, 2021 9:50 pm

msiris wrote:
H2tObes wrote: The Bud blaming is so dumb on here sometimes
Yeah. His playoff record speaks for itself. :(

Confused as what this has to do with how Jrue is still finding his role and understanding he doesn't need plays ran through him all the time with Giannis/Khris but ok
Giannis did not go to your team :naaa:
msiris
General Manager
Posts: 8,944
And1: 971
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
Location: Central Wisconsin

Re: PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight 

Post#87 » by msiris » Thu Jan 7, 2021 11:16 pm

H2tObes wrote:
msiris wrote:
H2tObes wrote: The Bud blaming is so dumb on here sometimes
Yeah. His playoff record speaks for itself. :(

Confused as what this has to do with how Jrue is still finding his role and understanding he doesn't need plays ran through him all the time with Giannis/Khris but ok
Bud fails to adjust. Everyone that plays in Milwaukee has to play within Buds system. The whole league know how to beat the Bucks. Come playoff time a good team will find a way to beat us because of Bud inability to change things up.
Ride the tank
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 79,186
And1: 19,345
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight 

Post#88 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 7, 2021 11:20 pm

msiris wrote:
H2tObes wrote:
msiris wrote:Yeah. His playoff record speaks for itself. :(

Confused as what this has to do with how Jrue is still finding his role and understanding he doesn't need plays ran through him all the time with Giannis/Khris but ok
Bud fails to adjust. Everyone that plays in Milwaukee has to play within Buds system. The whole league know how to beat the Bucks. Come playoff time a good team will find a way to beat us because of Bud inability to change things up.


What happens if the Bucks blow the doors off teams in the playoffs using Bud's system because he's finally got the personnel for it?
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

Cooleyo47
Rookie
Posts: 1,089
And1: 472
Joined: Jan 14, 2010
     

Re: PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight 

Post#89 » by Cooleyo47 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:15 am

Jrue is a vast improvement over Bledsoe and just getting acclimated. He'll be initiating offense a lot more when the walls get built in the playoffs.
User avatar
mke_design
Analyst
Posts: 3,165
And1: 1,717
Joined: Mar 09, 2014
     

Re: PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight 

Post#90 » by mke_design » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:29 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
msiris wrote:
H2tObes wrote:Confused as what this has to do with how Jrue is still finding his role and understanding he doesn't need plays ran through him all the time with Giannis/Khris but ok
Bud fails to adjust. Everyone that plays in Milwaukee has to play within Buds system. The whole league know how to beat the Bucks. Come playoff time a good team will find a way to beat us because of Bud inability to change things up.


What happens if the Bucks blow the doors off teams in the playoffs using Bud's system because he's finally got the personnel for it?


Then people will have a lot of Corvus brachyrhynchos to eat.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
User avatar
H2tObes
RealGM
Posts: 17,914
And1: 8,027
Joined: Oct 18, 2012
 

Re: PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight 

Post#91 » by H2tObes » Fri Jan 8, 2021 12:29 am

msiris wrote:
H2tObes wrote:
msiris wrote:Yeah. His playoff record speaks for itself. :(

Confused as what this has to do with how Jrue is still finding his role and understanding he doesn't need plays ran through him all the time with Giannis/Khris but ok
Bud fails to adjust. Everyone that plays in Milwaukee has to play within Buds system. The whole league know how to beat the Bucks. Come playoff time a good team will find a way to beat us because of Bud inability to change things up.

You're proving my point and speaking the obvious, everyone knows that Bud needs to adjust in the playoffs. Has nothing to do with what I'm talking about regarding Jrue :dontknow:
Giannis did not go to your team :naaa:
User avatar
Fotis St
Head Coach
Posts: 7,414
And1: 2,058
Joined: May 05, 2015
 

Re: PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight 

Post#92 » by Fotis St » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:08 am

H2tObes wrote:
msiris wrote:
H2tObes wrote:Confused as what this has to do with how Jrue is still finding his role and understanding he doesn't need plays ran through him all the time with Giannis/Khris but ok
Bud fails to adjust. Everyone that plays in Milwaukee has to play within Buds system. The whole league know how to beat the Bucks. Come playoff time a good team will find a way to beat us because of Bud inability to change things up.

You're proving my point and speaking the obvious, everyone knows that Bud needs to adjust in the playoffs. Has nothing to do with what I'm talking about regarding Jrue :dontknow:


Since we are running the same system with more Khris playmaking ... how can you say this doesn't affect Jrue ?
So you are OK with Bud setting Jrue at the corner 3 ?
Are we serious ?
And you assume after 72 games cornered most of the time, come playoffs , we will put Jrue at the top of the key and he will be comfortable executing ? Will the whole team shifting positions be ready to execute at a high level ?

I don't think so.

You saw what happened to the Sixers (Butler year) ... Ben Simmons was playmaking the whole year, then at the playoffs it was not working and they asked for Jimmy Butler to playmake and then the whole team fell apart, Simmons felt bad , Butler told his coach he is not doing it, cause it was Simmons job for the whole year and this is the main reason Jimmy left from the Sixers, cause of the lack of hierarchy and defined roles, as he said in an interview
My draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/Semi Ojeleye/*John Collins, '18 Trade down Devonte Graham/Elie Okobo, Hamidou Diallo, a 2nd for Kostas, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie

#FIRE BUD #FREE CHUCKDIESEL & NOWAK008
User avatar
WRau1
General Manager
Posts: 9,040
And1: 2,351
Joined: Apr 30, 2005
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight 

Post#93 » by WRau1 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:17 pm

Fotis St wrote:
H2tObes wrote:
msiris wrote:Bud fails to adjust. Everyone that plays in Milwaukee has to play within Buds system. The whole league know how to beat the Bucks. Come playoff time a good team will find a way to beat us because of Bud inability to change things up.

You're proving my point and speaking the obvious, everyone knows that Bud needs to adjust in the playoffs. Has nothing to do with what I'm talking about regarding Jrue :dontknow:


Since we are running the same system with more Khris playmaking ... how can you say this doesn't affect Jrue ?
So you are OK with Bud setting Jrue at the corner 3 ?
Are we serious ?
And you assume after 72 games cornered most of the time, come playoffs , we will put Jrue at the top of the key and he will be comfortable executing ? Will the whole team shifting positions be ready to execute at a high level ?

I don't think so.

You saw what happened to the Sixers (Butler year) ... Ben Simmons was playmaking the whole year, then at the playoffs it was not working and they asked for Jimmy Butler to playmake and then the whole team fell apart, Simmons felt bad , Butler told his coach he is not doing it, cause it was Simmons job for the whole year and this is the main reason Jimmy left from the Sixers, cause of the lack of hierarchy and defined roles, as he said in an interview


Butler's comment about hierarchy were about PHI's front office. He couldn't get ahold of anyone in charge about scheduling training, media and other things. PHI did not fall apart when Butler handled the ball slightly more. Main reason Butler left was that the front office offended him by asking whether or not Brown could "control" him, as if Butler was a problem.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
craig
Senior
Posts: 645
And1: 53
Joined: Jul 26, 2005

Re: PG: Bucks Roll Over Detroit for 3rd Straight 

Post#94 » by craig » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:35 pm

H2tObes wrote:Our 3 point percentage is high because we have good/great shooters taking an absurd amount of uncontested shots. Sure we won't stay at 45%, but we have surrounded Giannis/Jrue/Khris with shooters and teams aren't able to keep tabs on everyone. The high 3 point percentage 1/10th a way through the season is no stroke of luck...


Agree to a point. Midds, Forbes, Augustin, Nwora, and Merrill, these are pure shooters, the latter 4 getting lots of wide open shots. They're going to make a bunch of them, it's no fluke. Those latter 4 guys are just better, purer distance shooters than we've had in past.

Jrue, DDV, Brook, Pat, those guys are *not* really pure, true-blue distance guys. I think they are likely to take some dive.

The question is how much. Last year, Brook and DDV weren't consistent at all. It's possible that some of DDV's improvement is real, and may be variably sustainable?

H2tObes wrote:...Also this is how Holiday plays, he will pick his spots and not often try to do to much. He's a smart guy and realizes we have the MVP/Khris with him, in no way does he need to be forcing. ...


This is a good point. Jrue is not the best shooter that we've got. If other guys are scoring and the offense is firing, he doesn't need to shoot or score a lot.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks